Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

“Crave” thread


Recommended Posts

One of Madonna's most visually stunning videos yet. I loved the color switching and all the beautiful roof top images. The doves were just breathtaking. And Madonna has never looked more beautiful and sexy. Totally wowed!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the video.  Very subtle and the story arc involving the pigeons was surprisingly touching and sweet.   Madonna looked so beautiful and a great nod to her past but done beautifully - Borderline,  Like a Virgin tour and Desperately Seeking Susan vibes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Susan, The Virgin Tour, Live Aid 

Yes,  I thought Borderline as well.  Was a lovely nod to her past but all done in a beautiful way -  did not even come across as intentional but instead touchingly sentimental while modern - if that makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Her looks is SOOOO early Madonna vibe.  I loved it.  It's my favorite song from the songs that have been released from MADAME X so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the video, especially the Black and White segments.

She looks stunning like she just walked off the set of Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985.

One thing though... enough eye patch, let it go, it's not a good look... or maybe it's just overdone now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t get the criticism about the hard dancing not belonging in it. Mid tempo songs like this are performed with frenetic street dancing routines all the time for years on shows like “So You Think You Can Dance” and “World of Dance”. By the way, she should and Swae should go on SYTYCD to perform this song during their summer season which starts soon! That would be easy promo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, humanracin said:

Love the video, especially the Black and White segments.

She looks stunning like she just walked off the set of Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985.

One thing though... enough eye patch, let it go, it's not a good look... or maybe it's just overdone now.

I think the eyepatch is here to stay for the whole project! 

And yes, I love the delivery of the messages at the end. 

I'd love to use these clips in a remix video but they just get taken down from YouTube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, humanracin said:

Love the video, especially the Black and White segments.

She looks stunning like she just walked off the set of Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985.

One thing though... enough eye patch, let it go, it's not a good look... or maybe it's just overdone now.

The eyepatch is here to stay. The sooner you make peace with it the less nerves you gonna stress. I personally think it’s a great touch and not tired of it at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I don’t get the criticism about the hard dancing not belonging in it. Mid tempo songs like this are performed with frenetic street dancing routines all the time for years on shows like “So You Think You Can Dance” and “World of Dance”. By the way, she should and Swae should go on SYTYCD to perform this song during their summer season which starts soon! That would be easy promo.

Yes,  love the dancing.  I also see this song being performed on ballroom shows as a rumba too.  Sensuous and sad vibe to the song that would suit a rumba so much.  Love his voice so much as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She looks GGRRREEEAAATTTT. (Those DAMN grillz but I digress). The song is very catchy. 

She had the mole again? I didn't see it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that I can finally see it in its official capacity, in all its high quality glory, I say this is a good video - still not a favorite song of mine, but I like its visual presentation. Madonna looks cool, charming as always, and utterly stylish - fuck me, I want that shirt!! Her shirt is beyond divine! Absolutely gorgeous!! I always check out her attire - MadameX has style

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the look, of course — she is gorgeous. Also love the concept of the carrier pigeons — it’s a sweet, romantic “throwback” to days when people communicated their hearts desires with pen and paper. It’s kind of a joke these days, sometimes, for me to say to people I’ll send them a note with a carrier pigeon or send up smoke signals — a kind of winking at my own old-fashioned ways of communicating and rebelling against the advancing waves of technology. (It’s not that I hate tech and don’t use it at all — I’m on this forum, after all! But I also know I’m somewhat of an anachronism ... I write paragraphs in the age of the tweet, etc. I’m a bit of a throwback...)

And that’s the thing. This video seems like a lovely throwback but is still fresh and current, too. Just strikes a perfect balance. Can’t wait to re-watch when I’m home from work tonight. (Watched it on a brief dinner break — long, long day! Glad to have this video as a refresher!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a beautifully simple video which goes perfectly with the simplicity of the song. She looks stunning - like she is 30 or something! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I LOVE this video. Totally getting the Borderline vibes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just cant believe how good she looks! That hair is seriously working for her!

I like that they took advantage of M and SL not being able to film their scenes together and worked it into the narrative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I just cant believe how good she looks! That hair is seriously working for her!

I like that they took advantage of M and SL not being able to film their scenes together and worked it into the narrative.

I crave that hair during live shows!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, peter said:

Love the look, of course — she is gorgeous. Also love the concept of the carrier pigeons — it’s a sweet, romantic “throwback” to days when people communicated their hearts desires with pen and paper. It’s kind of a joke these days, sometimes, for me to say to people I’ll send them a note with a carrier pigeon or send up smoke signals — a kind of winking at my own old-fashioned ways of communicating and rebelling against the advancing waves of technology. (It’s not that I hate tech and don’t use it at all — I’m on this forum, after all! But I also know I’m somewhat of an anachronism ... I write paragraphs in the age of the tweet, etc. I’m a bit of a throwback...)

And that’s the thing. This video seems like a lovely throwback but is still fresh and current, too. Just strikes a perfect balance. Can’t wait to re-watch when I’m home from work tonight. (Watched it on a brief dinner break — long, long day! Glad to have this video as a refresher!)

You are a treasure Peter.  Don't ever change.  Quickly off topic but always feel sad that nobody sends Christmas, birthday cards anymore.  I have kept all of the cards from my parents over the years and are beautiful reminders of their kindness, personality and humour.  

Yes, the video is a beautiful type of throw back while being current.  Madonna is so beautiful in it and the story line of the pigeons was sentimental and lovely.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be hated to say this...

This is the 1st Madonna song in a long time that I love....

but the video..is …...I was hoping for more....

it's look like 200$ budget video....not that 200$ is bad...but......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She looks absolutely stunning, fav song from the album so far. I agree on the Borderline vibes. When she's on the ground for the "inside... of... me" line I totally thought she might reach for her crotch!!! I don't know why I would think that... luv this video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

You are a treasure Peter.  Don't ever change.  Quickly off topic but always feel sad that nobody sends Christmas, birthday cards anymore.  I have kept all of the cards from my parents over the years and are beautiful reminders of their kindness, personality and humour.  

Yes, the video is a beautiful type of throw back while being current.  Madonna is so beautiful in it and the story line of the pigeons was sentimental and lovely.   

:inlove: :kiss2: :brenspin:

Thanks, @Jazzy Jan! Love you!! Thinking of you often ... So glad you have those written treasures from your parents!! Gotta fly (like a carrier pigeon — haha!) but sending lots of love to you!!

xoxo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wick1234 said:

I will be hated to say this...

This is the 1st Madonna song in a long time that I love....

but the video..is …...I was hoping for more....

it's look like 200$ budget video....not that 200$ is bad...but......

......I think she’s made a few $$$ videos that are still in the pipe line.

Personally I love new edit, a big improvement on the leaked version. As quick cheap M promo I love it, waaaaay better than Give It 2 Me etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love it. She looks stunning...the eyes and the hair are on point! There is something so deeply sad in the vocal melody and the lyrics though...Madonna is one of the few artists who really knows how to evoke a deep soulful melancholy that truly moves you...only other artist capable of that was Karen Carpenter for me. Madonna's ballads have always been a strong point! It's also kinda sad to see her revisiting NYC in 2019 considering it was such a thriving care-free metropolis back in the 80s when she was starting out and beginning to conquer the universe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...