“Crave” thread

4 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Ooh..The World is Craving more Madge music..

can someone tell me what the difference is between tracy's remix's and which one Madonna performances live?

this one is over 4 minutes

this one was a little bit over 3 minutes 

47 minutes ago, juliebean said:

can someone tell me what the difference is between tracy's remix's and which one Madonna performances live?

this one is over 4 minutes

this one was a little bit over 3 minutes 

There's the remix, the edit of the remix and dub versions. There's also a video version of the remix edit with a spoken intro used on the original video.

I've also seen separately named 'dangerous' mixes but they appear to be the same.

8 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

There's the remix, the edit of the remix and dub versions. There's also a video version of the remix edit with a spoken intro used on the original video.

I've also seen separately named 'dangerous' mixes but they appear to be the same.

so are they basicly the same remix? it's very confusing.

16 minutes ago, bardo said:

if you listen to them, you'll hear that there are distinct differences.

I really like and enjoy listening to various remixes from one DJ.

I miss the 90's when we got several variations, extended remixes, edits, dubs etc.

And 12" double vinyls with all of them.

19 minutes ago, bardo said:

Are they? I literally flicked through one quickly and it sounded the same but that's good to know. I'll download them then!

11 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Are they? I literally flicked through one quickly and it sounded the same but that's good to know. I'll download them then!

i think the main difference is that the radio edit features the bridge, which i think is essential to the song. i guess the other version is better for clubs though.

11 hours ago, bardo said:

oh ok. thanks! do you happen to know which ones she performs at her shows?

i honestly don't know where they're digging up some of these nobody remixers but i think this is the best remix package in a while. here's my ranking:

1. tracy young (prefer the radio edit because it includes the bridge)

2. benny benassi (i love the "dangerous" part - wish it was repeated more)

3. RNG (catchy late 90s/early aughts sound - reminds me of some of rauhofer's remixes, and i like how the bridge is incorporated) 

4. dan de leon & anthony griego (has a 90s/tribal feel - maybe a little repetitive) 

5. otto benson (definitely the most "current" sounding but i don't mind it)

6. twisted dee & diego fernandez (generic/forgettable - the only one i really don't like)

7 hours ago, skyfitswim said:

will there be a part 2 of the remixes of crave ?

I assume so. You wouldn't call them part one if there weren't any others to follow. And they will need to be released soon as it's close to no 1. But yes, who knows with her team. 

20 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

“Crave” climbs up from #6 to #2 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart.  Chart trajectory so far has been: 37-27-17-10-6-2.

49th #1 coming sooner than #soon!

👏👏👏