Jump to content

Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?


Lolo

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Two people... :lmao:

 

Okay ...three. Nicki, Jeby and Jairo. I don't understand why people don't just quote those they have an issue with and then discuss it (seeing as it's a discussion board and all) rather than an opaque "OMG the meltdowns in this thread" painting everyone with the same brush.

I'm not getting at you here, it's just that so many threads now consist of the negative voices being highlighted above the positive when it's so very obvious that the positive is in the majority.

And that's not to say that people can't have genuine negative reactions to stuff. I mean, don't expect me to say anything nice about Hard Candy for example, not now...not ever.¬†ūüėā

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

He's basically pulling the "I can't be racist because I have black friends" card. I didn't follow the controversy around those supposed homophobic statements they made (trashy trip hop music groups don't get me interested), but that is a ridiculous excuse. 

I'm looking forward to the performance regardless of what she decides to play, however I absolutely stick to what I said earlier - I expect nothing short of a great professional performance since Eurovision could very well mean a turning point for her further success in Europe. If done right, it could greatly boost her popularity among the general public again as the potential in most European countries is still absolutely there. If not, she's going to cement the trend of declining interests. Sorry but that's how I feel about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you read the title? 

Not where he apologizes. Not where he says he hates that people have to hide themselves? Not where he says sexuality is irrelevant if you have a good heart? 

 

THESE type of responses are just as bad homophobic ones. We don't allow people to GROW. and clearly that goes for ourselves. Such a shame. 

 

Why is it acceptable when guy o seary says something like that but not someone else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, runa said:

oh shut up - you're so fucking predictable. When is the last time you liked something she did ? You refuse to answer that simple question because it's been so long you don't even remember. 

Um, I like pretty much everything she does and defend her a lot on this forum. So much that I got flack for it as well. You really have a skewed idea of me and have been making remarks for months now. It’s very unfair because I’m a big fan. Having a few critical thoughts or concerns should be fine. And no, I dont think it’s a good thing to celebrate the fact that she’s singing a song on eurovision in israel (which is gonna cause controversy too) with a known homophobe - but most of all, a terrible artist. It’s more a voice of concern. Just like every fan I just want this performance to elevate and promote madonna’s career again for 200 million people, not the opposite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andra said:

:rotfl:@ everyone HATING on the term "disco stomper" now

Well in the context of the era so far, and the songs we know are being released, the idea doesn't really...resonate.. anymore does it?

I mean, I'm sure there will be some dance songs on the album (and maybe she'll even sing a dance version of LAP) but the idea that Madonna and her team would grasp the possibilities of Eurovision and use it to their best advantage in a promo sense was always a long shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well in the context of the era so far, and the songs we know are being released, the idea doesn't really...resonate.. anymore does it?

I mean, I'm sure there will be some dance songs on the album (and maybe she'll even sing a dance version of LAP) but the idea that Madonna and her team would grasp the possibilities of Eurovision and use it to their best advantage in a promo sense was always a long shot.

:lol2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know guys, I don't want to spread negativity but bringing Quavo to an event so close to the lgbt community doesn't seem like a good idea. I hope Madonna has played her cards well because Eurovision is a springboard, but there must be the surprise factor and her performance must leave a mark. Do you think she will perform the classic version of LAP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kim said:

butÔĽŅ¬†the idea that Madonna and her team would grasp the poÔĽŅssibilities of Eurovision and use it to their best advantage in a promo senÔĽŅse was always a longÔĽŅ shot.

The only thing I’m really afraid of is her possibly thinking this is just another BBMA performance, when in fact this is SuperBowl only twice as big. 

I don’t criticize her song choices since I’ve only listened to Medellín and I Rise so far. Frankly both songs have done very little for me personally but I still have high hopes for the rest of the album. 

But I’m not sure if her performance (stage production, general effort and energy) will match the high expectations of Eurovision viewers and fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

But I’m not sure if her performance (stage production, general effort and energy) will match the high expectations of Eurovision viewers and fans.

To match what? the camp? The trash? Did you see Timberlake's performance? He did his thing, she will do hers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, systemvalues said:

To match what? the camp? The trash? Did you see Timberlake's performance? He did his thing, she will do hers.

Well I’d expect her to completely dominate this event, with her artistry and sheer superstar presence. I don’t care what Justin did. No one thought his appearance was gonna be something mind blowing anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Well I’d expect her to completely dominate this event, with her artistry and sheer superstar presence. I don’t care what Justin did. No one thought his appearance was gonna be something mind blowing anyway. 

That's why I wrote he did his thing and she'll do hers. But if we are doubting the stage presence of Madonna which is analyzed in several threads on this forum, we have to doubt what the water is made of.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lolo said:

The only thing I’m really afraid of is her possibly thinking this is just another BBMA performance, when in fact this is SuperBowl only twice as big. 

I don’t criticize her song choices since I’ve only listened to Medellín and I Rise so far. Frankly both songs have done very little for me personally but I still have high hopes for the rest of the album. 

But I’m not sure if her performance (stage production, general effort and energy) will match the high expectations of Eurovision viewers and fans. 

Somehow I agree. Madonna being American may be absolutely unaware of the exposure of the festival? 

On the other hand, unlike the Superbowl, the interlude in Eurovision has been usually the time to have a fag or run for ice. I don't think I've ever payed attention, not even to Caetano Veloso last year :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Somehow I agree. Madonna being American may be absolutely unaware of the exposure of the festival? 

On the other hand, unlike the Superbowl, the interlude in Eurovision has been usually the time to have a fag or run for ice. I don't think I've ever payed attention, not even to Caetano Veloso last year :lol:

I remember her appearance at Live8 and live Earth  in UK and she was fantastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Somehow I agree. Madonna being American may be absolutely unaware of the exposure of the festival? 

On the other hand, unlike the Superbowl, the interlude in Eurovision has been usually the time to have a fag or run for ice. I don't think I've ever payed attention, not even to Caetano Veloso last year :lol:

I’m sure the majority of viewers would be very curious and of course watch her performance. I mean this deal works both ways, this also means exposure for ESC and I’m sure many hard core ESC fans feel flattered with such a legendary name performing at this event that’s totally obscure outside the competing countries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Somehow I agree. Madonna being American may be absolutely unaware of the exposure of the festival? 

That's why she has a team of advisors who - I assume - have explained that to her...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

That's why she has a team of advisors who - I assume - have explained that to her...

And seem to be mostly gay men/ allys. She lived in the UK enough to know about Eurovision. And she sample abba fgs. Haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, luluthecat said:

Can you point me to the confirmation that it's "a dancehall track"?

Official press release. 

"Singing in Portuguese, Spanish and English, highlights on the album include Medellín, which was co-produced by Mirwais and captures the spirit of Maluma’s hometown, the anthemic song I Rise, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of Future featuring Quavo, and co-produced by Diplo, as well as the sonically innovative Mirwais produced Dark Ballet."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0417/1043255-madonna-announces-full-details-of-new-album-madame-x/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Official press release. 

"Singing in Portuguese, Spanish and English, highlights on the album include Medellín, which was co-produced by Mirwais and captures the spirit of Maluma’s hometown, the anthemic song I Rise, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of Future featuring Quavo, and co-produced by Diplo, as well as the sonically innovative Mirwais produced Dark Ballet."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0417/1043255-madonna-announces-full-details-of-new-album-madame-x/

Cheers luv!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kim said:

She's doing Eurovision because she has an album to promote and she's being paid handsomely by a private Israeli backer, so let's not wax too lyrical.

She has made it clear she IS interested in doing well commercially (and why shouldn't she?) so one would hope her song selection does the job of selling the album, and we'll find out soon enough.

I agree but if she is not going to perform a single then it's a wasted opportunity. Performing an album track is she really ?

Unless Future is getting the full on single treatment with a video and service to radio on the back of this performance.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nonoka said:

That's why she has a team of advisors who - I assume - have explained that to her...

One would hope ... but then, she seemed unaware that only one person before her had received the Advocate for Change Award from GLAAD ... and she had to ask who it was. I was a little surprised by that, because I‚Äôd read that several times on this forum. Her PR people (or anyone else on the ‚Äúmanagement team‚ÄĚ)¬†didn‚Äôt brief her on that?

Sorry to pipe up only on something somewhat negative. Just remembered that moment in the Today Show interview and thought this sounded similar...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, peter said:

One would hope ... but then, she seemed unaware that only one person before her had received the Advocate for Change Award from GLAAD ... and she had to ask who it was. I was a little surprised by that, because I‚Äôd read that several times on this forum. Her PR people (or anyone else on the ‚Äúmanagement team‚ÄĚ)¬†didn‚Äôt brief her on that?

Sorry to pipe up only on something somewhat negative. Just remembered that moment in the Today Show interview and thought this sounded similar...

I think she knew but she made out she didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's starting to feel like promo this era is more about pushing the album, Madonna herself and the tour as opposed to one or two individual singles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

I agree but if she is not going to perform a single then it's a wasted opportunity. Performing an album track is she really ?

Unless Future is getting the full on single treatment with a video and service to radio on the back of this performance.....

But does it matter if its a single or not? If the performance is good then people will preorder the album and buy tickets to her show. Thats the ultimate goal. They dont care about the song peaking in the top 50 of itunes for a few days and then dropping. Which would happen with any song including the official singles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...