Madonna featured on Quavo track 'Champagne Rosé'

BatBro

On 10/12/2018 at 12:34 AM, dcbyebyebaby said:

You can tell who here listens to rap and who doesn't. They always have samples  that are distorted to sound weird sort of like her voice in this song.

Madonna’s voice here sounds a lot like Nobody’s Knows Me and Die Another Day

I just want to point out Quavo is getting just as much exposure from her fans/her name as she is getting from him.

Nearly every article about the album mentions the song/Madonna feature as a highlight with a link to listen to it.

Regardless if you like the song, the overwhelming reaction from the general public has been extremely positive. (That's a good thing BTW.)

8 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

I just want to point out Quavo is getting just as much exposure from her fans/her name as she is getting from him.

Nearly every article about the album mentions the song/Madonna feature as a highlight with a link to listen to it.

Regardless if you like the song, the overwhelming reaction from the general public has been extremely positive. (That's a good thing BTW.)

Great!

6 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

It got 830,558 plays on Spotify the first day. Was hoping for more honestly but thats the highest Madonnas ever got in a day. We take what we can get.

Overall, the first of the three singles released from the album hit #52 in the US and the other two didn't chart at all, so I don't know if we should expect an album track to become a top ten hit even if it does get good reviews.

6 minutes ago, Foolio said:

Overall, the first of the three singles released from the album hit #52 in the US and the other two didn't chart at all, so I don't know if we should expect an album track to become a top ten hit even if it does get good reviews.

Yeah youre right. Its also not on any playlists on Spotify so its not going to do much.

15 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

It got 830,558 plays on Spotify the first day. Was hoping for more honestly but thats the highest Madonnas ever got in a day. We take what we can get.

edit: actually thats probably Thursday and Friday. Im not sure though.

That's just on Spotify. Doesn't count the other streaming platforms. That's a good number tbh. Especially for a non-single/random album track.

I'm happy that she's trying out new music genre and not stucking in the same old genre or repeating the same formula forever like Pariah.

It may sound shit to some but these are the shit that appeals the current audience.

20 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

edit: actually thats probably Thursday and Friday. Im not sure though.

Where are you getting those figures? ... I’m one of the old ones, I don’t know what I’m doing. What’s a trap? 🤪

2 minutes ago, Toni said:

Where are you getting those figures? ... I’m one of the old ones, I don’t know what I’m doing. What’s a trap? 🤪

Haha on Spotify. If you run your mouse over the song you can see its total plays.  

And Im 25 and dont even know what trap music means.

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Haha on Spotify. If you run your mouse over the song you can see its total plays.  

You want me to send my mouse down the fucking trap!?! :nervous:😆

Thank you! 😁

11 hours ago, Lolo said:

I leave this here too.

By the way, the way she pronounces champagne is exactly like we say it in German. Champagner. Sounds a little weird to me. 

They LOVE IT and they love MADONNA on it:inlove::wow:

Still listening to it on repeat today with the headphones.

45 minutes ago, horn said:

I'm happy that she's trying out new music genre and not stucking in the same old genre or repeating the same formula forever like Pariah.

It may sound shit to some but these are the shit that appeals the current audience.

this song it´s an ok album track, but I don´t really think is single material. It doesn´t sound as shit to me, but if it wasn´´madonna in it, I wouldn´t pay a euro for it.I hope she doesnñt follow this trend in her album, and if that means I´m stuck in the past...it´s ok to me, that past has made her the queen. But about appealing to the current audience, I, well, I bet they are streaming the song because of the rapper and MIA more than because of madonna.

And it´s not the rythm, the melody, the rappers...it´s the voice! I want to hear it in all its glory

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Ah,  you're 25...well,  you have time to open your mind 🙂

It's charming to be enthusiastic but some of you are still inventing stories that will end with a bitter disappointment.. This song has no chance of being top 10. If it becomes a single, it will probably enter the top 100 but no more. There is no buzz around the Quavo solo project so the large audience of Migos does not seem to answer the call. 2 of the 3 singles of the album have not even entered the Top 100. Why not enjoy this surprise collaboration without worrying about the charts?