Madonna featured on Quavo track 'Champagne Rosé'

BatBro

10 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Madonna doesn’t even sing. She mumble raps:

Mariah: iiiiIiiiiiiIiiiiiIIIIIIIIIiiiii, don’t want a lot for Xmas (Madonna: no i don’t), there is just one thing I need (M: u know what it is)

*beat drops* 

Madonna: its MDNA skin bitch/ mist my rose all day/ got serums in my bag bitch/ spread that shit with clay

😭😂😂😂😭😭😭

I'm obsessed, can't stop listening to it!!  I love how they use her voice as basically a part of the beat of the song. Against the actual beat it does indeed sound hypnotizing. 

Let's hope the lead single from her album gets this sort of positive reaction as well. Love how this is exposing her to a new audience!! 

14 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm obsessed, can't stop listening to it!!  I love how they use her voice as basically a part of the beat of the song. Against the actual beat it does indeed sound hypnotizing. 

Let's hope the lead single from her album gets this sort of positive reaction as well. Love how this is exposing her to a new audience!! 

I love the song but I expect a lot more positive reaction and recognition from her lead single! I expect M14 to hit number one! I know I shouldn’t set my expectations too high, but I do have faith it’s possible! And I also know it will perform better than Champagne Rosé! Again, love the song and been playing it nonstop, but M14 will be way on top of the charts! People are thirsty for new music from the Queen! 

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I love the song but I expect a lot more positive reaction and recognition from her lead single! I expect M14 to hit number one! I know I shouldn’t set my expectations too high, but I do have faith it’s possible! And I also know it will perform better than Champagne Rosé! Again, love the song and been playing it nonstop, but M14 will be way on top of the charts! People are thirsty for new music from the Queen! 

I hope you're right! Would amazing to see her get some props again. Even if the songs don't fly to the top of the charts, just some good word of mouth like this would do wonders for the album. I know she can get a number one album again but it'd be amazing to see it sustain in the top 20 or even top 40 for a long time instead of just dropping like a stone as most albums that debut high tend to do these days.

Still hoping that Champagne Rose will see single/video treatment. I'm certain it would be at least a top 40 hit and would be the perfect launching pad for the album! 

Guest eroticerotic

I think champagne rose has great live potential, at a major awards show. Cardi migos madonna and perhaps others on stage ? That would be great momentum for the album.

not one person I know has a bad word to say about the song; they actually smile and bop or go “ that’s Madonna? Nice!” More or less. Positive  spectrum reactions.

11 hours ago, GOD said:

You know nicki is livid right now.

I doubt it. They met at the VMAS and they were all smiles together. The collaboration happened before the altercation. I don't think Madonna cares about their feud and wants to pick a side.

9 hours ago, Katypatra said:

The Album has a shot for no 1 if she gets some streaming.

The singles success pretty much depends on the featuring artists. With a popular male rapper she might hit top 10.

6 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I doubt it. They met at the VMAS and they were all smiles together. The collaboration happened before the altercation. I don't think Madonna cares about their feud and wants to pick a side.

I can 99.9% bet on Nicki secretly being upset. Why was Madonna removed from her album? No, it was never SAID by Nicki or Madonna that she would appear but it was strongly hinted. Remember this at the Met Gala?

Nicki Minaj and Madonna are up to something. On Monday (May 8), the Young Money queen dished about their upcoming surprise.

“Madonna and I have a secret coming soon,” Minaj told “GMA,” while standing next to Madge on the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit Gala.

Now unless Nicki is featured on Madonna's upcoming album (which I hope NOT btw) this was undoubtedly for Nicki's album Queen. Like I've said many times. I believe that Nicki is upset that Madonna and Cardi have become such good friends. Nicki can't stand Cardi and those two pretty much hate each other. Madonna is a 60yr old mother of 6, I doubt she gives two fucks about Nicki and Cardi fighting. But Nicki cares. Imagine her reaction when she found out Madonna was doing a song with Cardi and not only that, but Cardi disses her on that very song :lmao: and Nicki would have known about this for quite some time. We (us) the regular people just found out about this song a few days ago when it was released. Nicki being in the music business and having the connections she does, has probably known for a while now about this song.

If anything Madonna is innocently squeezed in the middle. She honestly probably has no idea what's going on between Nicki and Cardi.

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

I hope there’s a nice official relaunch on YouTube!

That's what I was thinking! Fingers crossed. Makes no sense to randomly pull it there must have been a good reason for it.

24 minutes ago, Barbie said:

That's what I was thinking! Fingers crossed. Makes no sense to randomly pull it there must have been a good reason for it.

videi comin

31 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I can 99.9% bet on Nicki secretly being upset. Why was Madonna removed from her album? No, it was never SAID by Nicki or Madonna that she would appear but it was strongly hinted. Remember this at the Met Gala?

Now unless Nicki is featured on Madonna's upcoming album (which I hope NOT btw) this was undoubtedly for Nicki's album Queen. Like I've said many times. I believe that Nicki is upset that Madonna and Cardi have become such good friends. Nicki can't stand Cardi and those two pretty much hate each other. Madonna is a 60yr old mother of 6, I doubt she gives two fucks about Nicki and Cardi fighting. But Nicki cares. Imagine her reaction when she found out Madonna was doing a song with Cardi and not only that, but Cardi disses her on that very song :lmao: and Nicki would have known about this for quite some time. We (us) the regular people just found out about this song a few days ago when it was released. Nicki being in the music business and having the connections she does, has probably known for a while now about this song.

If anything Madonna is innocently squeezed in the middle. She honestly probably has no idea what's going on between Nicki and Cardi.

That doesn’t seem far fetched tbh. Unless proven otherwise I will settle with this scenario. 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Couldnt the secret Nicki was talking about just be that Madonna was performing at the Met Gala? I think most of you are overthinking things.

No Nicki clearly was saying it was something with them together. 

Also, it really wasn't a secret that Madonna was going to perform as it was leaked to the press shortly before red carpet started and this forum knew about it before it was even going to happen.

I am trying hard to say something positive bout Champagne Rose, but seeing that the posts above are bout Micky Menage , it is becoming more and more dificile.

Honestly i kinda like her verse( i ll take for a riiiiiide 😁) but the sampling of the CR lines , and counting puts me off

I prefer Back That Up anyday of the week.

It's a really great god damn song, isn't? 

And it absolutely gets in your head. 

It's telling that at 60 years old, nearly 40 years into her career, that Madonna is still being featured on a current rappers song. No matter what anyone says, Madonna will always have a street cred and an effortless kind of 'coolness' that no other pop star has. And she totally has it on this song. 

A BOP. 

11 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

It's telling that at 60 years old, nearly 40 years into her career, that Madonna is still being featured on a current rappers song. No matter what anyone says, Madonna will always have a street cred and an effortless kind of 'coolness' that no other pop star has. And she totally has it on this song. 

A BOP. 

This!

35 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

A BOP. 

Yes, this is true. Maybe we don't like it, maybe we are getting older, too and don't adapt to current trends, but that's exactly what I thought: Madonna will always be this kind of star, at any age, "Madonna and the rest..." and attract every new generation until she dies. 

46 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

A BOP. 

Yes and

8 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Yes, this is true. Maybe we don't like it, maybe we are getting older, too and don't adapt to current trends, but that's exactly what I thought: Madonna will always be this kind of star, at any age, "Madonna and the rest..." and attract every new generation until she dies. 

yes..she is unique 🙂 you can like or not the song but you have to admit that she has these incredible social skills that allow her to make connections with people very different.. she is a survivor and these skills helped her to arrive alive today 🙂