The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

We've been so driven by Madonna's past success in making big bucks on tours that we have an expectation for her to surpass this every time. It's a fun discussion but has never really been something I've been fascinated by because ultimately, she has nothing left to prove. She still holds the title for highest grossing tour for a solo artist and will continue to do so for a very long time to come.

We've been so driven by Madonna's past success in making big bucks on tours that we have an expectation for her to surpass this every time. It's a fun discussion but has never really been something I've been fascinated by because ultimately, she has nothing left to prove. She still holds the title for highest grossing tour for a solo artist and will continue to do so for a very long time to come.

Actually roger walters beat her record , doing 3, 4 times more shows

I hope Madonna never ever does a Greatest Hits Tour. I prefer to get the new material each Tour and to have a tour that matches the theme of the album.

She's a constant involving relevant artist, those who want a greatest hits tour aren't real fans in my opinion. I hope she never stops making new music and promoting it the way she wants to

So..

DWT $76 million (47 shows)

RIT $125 million (56 shows)

CT $194 million (60 shows)

S&S $408 million (85 shows)

MDNA $305 Million (88 shows)

RBT $88 million so far.. (81 shows, 32 shows left)

It seems this tour isnt making the money the recent ones did. I dont care (that much anyways..I'm a bit chart nerd) how many million dollars it makes in the end, but I still find it interesting to read the numbers. Absolutely loved the tour and it it has earned rave reviews so it's already a hit Tour.

End total between $140-150 million seems possible.

Why did MDNA make less money than S&S when MDNA had more shows and a more recent tour (which probably means more expensive tickets)?

Why did MDNA make less money than S&S when MDNA had more shows and a more recent tour (which probably means more expensive tickets)?

Attendance of the shows 3,545,899 vs 2,212,345. So the answer is venue capacity

4 Madonna Manchester Arena Manchester, U.K. Dec. 14, 2015 $2,342,186 14,177 /
14,177 1 / 1 $264.89, $60.55 Live Nation Global Touring

5 Madonna Barclaycard Arena Birmingham, U.K. Dec. 16, 2015 $1,863,342 12,119 /
12,119 1 / 1 $262.69, $60.04 Live Nation Global Touring

6 Madonna Hallenstadion Zurich, Switzerland Dec. 12, 2015 $1,773,189 11,306 /
11,306 1 / 1 $254.38, $36.63 Live Nation Global Touring

7 Madonna SSE Hydro Glasgow, U.K. Dec. 20, 2015 $1,574,416 9,665 /
9,665 1 / 1 $260.66, $59.58

I hope Madonna never ever does a Greatest Hits Tour. I prefer to get the new material each Tour and to have a tour that matches the theme of the album.

She's a constant involving relevant artist, those who want a greatest hits tour aren

't real fans in my opinion. I hope she never stops making new music and promoting it the way she wants to

I m with you

A number of shows at venues in which she played the last tour have lower numbers this time around.

€1m in 2012 equalled $1.4m

€1m today equals $1.1m

And anyway there's really a handful of European venues you could make that comparison for as last time around she was mostly playing stadiums in Europe. When you look at multi angle pictures from shows from both NA and European gigs you can tell the venues are packed

Guest bluejean

People complain she isn't doing many hits but she's doing about 10 of them per show. Taylor Swift, Adele and One Direction do not even have 10 big hits in the 1st place :dazed:

People complain she isn't doing many hits but she's doing about 10 of them per show. Taylor Swift, Adele and One Direction do not even have 10 big hits in the 1st place :dazed:

Exactly! And she's getting great reviews from both critics and GP! (Yes 1 or 2 complain but out of thousands who do not) Tour is a SUCCESS!!!

Exactly! And she's getting great reviews from both critics and GP! (Yes 1 or 2 complain but out of thousands who do not) Tour is a SUCCESS!!!

People are complaining about lack of hits? This is the same tour that's giving audiences:

*Burning Up

*Vogue

*True Blue

*Deeper & Deeper

*Love Don't Live Here Anymore

*Like A Virgin

*La Isla Bonita

*The freaking awesome melody of Dress You Up, Into The Groove & Lucky Star

*Acoustic or a capella versions of past hits like Don't Tell Me, Frozen, Secret, Open Your Heart, etc.

*Who's That Girl?

*Music

*Candy Shop :chuckle: (Madonna has included it in the last three tours!)

*Material Girl

*Holiday

And then of course the glorious tracks from Rebel Heart :bow: :bow: :bow:

Glasgow was pretty much sold out, there's no way it was less than 11,000 I would say?

Maybe to do with this whole 'what live nation expects her to sell/what was actually sold' thing?

87m only?

M's gonna lose sleep tonight. :(

And her fans can't make fun of Floppita, Pariah & Kaka's low boxscore anymore since she's on the same level as them now. :(

Maybe it's time to do an "Anti high gross tour".

When the tour eventually wraps in March, she will of grossed at et least 150-180 million.

It will be a completed tour and it next years "top grossing tours" surly she will take the top spot or be in the top 3.

For once she will actually have played more gigs and yet earned less than U2. Her numbers are down whichever way you slice them. And they've hauled her all across the world whilst U2 only did Europe and America.