First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

but cancelling hotels isn't that hard.. don't really understand why some people can't cancel. usually they ask for your credit card & ask a small fee & get the big fee the time you're @ the hotel.. airline tickets can he harder but don't people usually buy a ticket with the small cancel fee?

Well, I woke up and was very angry to see my email from ticketmaster about the Atlanta date. I just bought my tickets four days ago. 😑

But I've calmed down. Atlanta will be the first show after she's off for a month for Christmas. So she'll be re energized and ready to kick ass again.

Although I was excited to see the third show of the tour, gotta look on the bright side! ❤️❤️

Edited by benjamin.childers

i know! :inlove:

tumblr_nopqspJLNr1qlycwjo1_500.gif

madonna loves her fans, i dont care what people say about her regarding that. she hates canceling. that woman will show up with arm brace when she had a commitment. somethings wrong and theres a reason she had to postpone.

same. I'm sure she feels like shit about this. she's not mimi. when she says something she means it.

but cancelling hotels isn't that hard.. don't really understand why some people can't cancel. usually they ask for your credit card & ask a small fee & get the big fee the time you're @ the hotel.. airline tickets can he harder but don't people usually buy a ticket with the small cancel fee?

why don't you buy a ticket and try to get a refund? Just to prove us you know better than everyone around here?

Well, I woke up and was very angry to see my email from ticketmaster about the Atlanta date. I just bought my tickets four days ago.

But I've calmed down. Atlanta will be the first show after she's off for a month for Christmas. So she'll be re energized and ready to kick ass again.

Although I was excited to see the third show of the tour, gotta look on the bright side! ❤️❤️

I was exicted about it too but at least we are the first date of the second leg now.

Maybe we will get some changes like how S&S had Frozen in the second leg.

The only reason I can think of for this is that something big in the production isn't ready. Maybe it has something to do with the stage?

Guest Rachelle of London

why don't you buy a ticket and try to get a refund? Just to prove us you know better than everyone around here?

I know. It's so fucking annoying. jamesey and I must enjoy giving hotels thousands of pounds and letting them keep it. :lmao:

Or obviously we're all lying????

I really don't get it. How come all these people booked hotels that got their money so early in advance and with no cancellation policy? Iam going to Prague for her concert and I can cancel my reservation with no charge up until early November!

Guest Hunterlas

It's not the hotels. Typically they have easy cancellation policies. It's the airlines that are problems, especially if one books through a 'package' site like Expedia or Priceline to save money. It's the only way I could afford it.

The hotels too, Ive lost my money for the 3 nights in Miami as well. A reservation I made through the hotels website.

Whatever. NEXT!

She's clearly making shit up. They can't be complaining about production delays 3 months before opening night - a week more isn't gonna make a difference anyways. But hey, maybe this means she can perform at the VMAs after all. :rotfl:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The only reason I can think of for this is that something big in the production isn't ready. Maybe it has something to do with the stage?

she needs more time to produce grills for the giant size sock puppet

Something fishy about this... It would be slightly more believable if the postponed dates were closer to the start date of the tour. 3 months from the tour starting and they are able to predict this, sounds like bullshit to me. If it is to do with the stage then it better be a bloody spectacular show when it starts.

Guest Rachelle of London

She's training REAL BULLS for her LFL number :mellow:

:dead:

It's like confessions and the real horses

The problem relates to so called non-refundable reservations. Those promotional rates usually include discounts up to 40% on the best available rate. Of course those rates have restrictions, i.e. cannot be cancelled, modified without fees anymore. Usually the charge is the whole booking amount. Or 80% or 90%. Hotels may waive those penalties out of courtesy. Only in cases of force majeure the hotel cannot charge or has to refund. But force majeure only applies to earthquakes, tsunamis, vulcanos or a blizzard in the Caribean in summer. As horrible as it sounds, not even a death of a family member is a valid reason to get your money back. The hotels position is always, no one forced you to make a non-refundable booking. You had the chance to book the more expensive best available rate with the option to cancel until 24 hours prior to or even 6 p.m. on arrival date.

Having worked in the hospitaly industry for many years, my advice is to call the hotel directly and explain the situation. Most importantly be nice and look for something that might be an acceptable solution for you and the hotel. Under no circumstances demand anything. Keep in mind, it's not the hotels fault and you are not entiltled to anything. As I said, be friendly. You wil be surprised how cooperative hotels can be. Especially months ahead. Considering their booking situation, it might be even more profitable to change your reservation to another date because they expect the original date to sell at higher rates than what your rate has been.

Then of course, check other options. What about travel insurance? Of course it doesn't cover in cases someone cancels a concert. But it certainly covers sickness, the typical reason why people cannot travel. If you don't have a travel insurance, check your credit card contract for the card you have paid with or guaranteed your reservation with. You might be surprised. I used to have a Gold Card that had a travel insurance as part of it I didn't even know about.

Regarding flights. I think there is a law that you always get back the fees and taxes. The only thing you can't back is the actual fare.

Sorry to all of you who have to deal with this. Hope things get sorted out the best way.

What a gigantic fuckup. I'm truly sorry for all affected! I would be devasted if it happened to me. And for that thing about travelling to see Madonna wtf? If I hadn't I would have only seen two of her shows (S&S and MDNA) and still be more than blessed compared to the rest of the world. The world dosen't stop at the U.S. and major european cities...

I can only afford one Rebel Heart ticket and I feel most upset for those fans who equally only could travel to one show and now have lost their money and even won't be able to see Rebel Heart.

I'm glad there are encouragements and tips for people deep in this shit, don't give up until you have tried everything!

I think Madonna and management owes fans a detailed explanation for this.

I called a friend of mine who used to work for customer service at United Airlines and this was her advice. Call the airline directly. Be persistent but be nice & courteous. If the first call doesn't work, call again in a few days until you speak to someone more sympathetic. Speak to a manager if you can. Do not ask for a cancellation but for a credit for a future flight to the US (usually to be used within the year). Beg, plead, cry if you have to. Give a good excuse like you were going to attend the 90th birthday of your grandmother but she suddenly passed away & so the trip is off but you plan to go to the US at a later time for the wedding of your sister but you won't be able to afford another trip if you can't get the credit. My friend said that they may discount the credit, say they'll give you $500 for an $800 - take it. She also said that airfares in January are normally cheaper than in Aug/Sept. so by the time you purchase your ticket & use your credit, you may come out even (that's if you still want to attend the Miami shows in January).

If you want to change the date & city of your flight (to attend the concert at another city), then say something like your sister is getting married but she had to change the date & venue & you can't afford to buy another ticket. Be emotional but not hysterical. My friend said you'd be surprised how their rules are sometimes bent for those who really persist & have very good reasons.

Hope these tips can help someone. These situations are just examples. You may think of even better excuses. Good luck!

Guest Rachelle of London

Thanks Lori. Called BA earlier and they put me through to their call centre in the Phillipines and they were reading off a script and wouldn't budge. Will see what Expedia say, it's gone right up to senior management so hopefully they can do something. Fingers crossed.

I just read through this whole thread! Oh my word. I know it's not much but my heart goes out to my baby chelle, Carly, jamesey, papí, nabguy, and anyone else who has been affected by this mess!

tumblr_na7bp22cPi1qe9t4zo1_400.gif

Her team has to know that this would leave fans love spent, wondering where their funds went!

I had tickets to the Atlanta show, and I fully intend on going. But the thing is, I had a free hotel night that day, so everything worked out perfectly. However, when I called Marriott to see about modifying the dates to January, they said they were booked, so now I'm having to go back, transfer the free night, and find a comparable hotel in the area. I would have liked to be able to walk to the venue, but its looking like I'm gonna have to shell out $30 extra for parking because I'll have to drive. :cries: This is my first Madonna show, and it is turning out to be an experience. :laugh: Hopefully it'll all be worth it come January.

So none of the airlines have so far made good on refunding or offering some sort of credit to those affected by the cancellations?

Live Nation and Madonna should offer the airline refund to all. What an absolute fuck up and so careless to put hard working people in the hole hundreds of dollars!

I want to tell everyone who has lost money from this that I feel really bad for them. I realize some of my comments came off as really insensitive and I do feel really bad that your show got cancelled and I hope you can get your money back.

I just got upset because everyone was hating on Madonna, but I do feel really bad for you all. I hope that you won't think I"m a bad person for my comments. I do realize now that a lot of people do travel to see these shows. Again, sorry to everyone and I hope it all works out for you.

I'm so sorry to hear this guys. My heart goes out to you.

xoxo

I'm so lucky I didn't book anything other than flights. I was a few days off organizing it all.

I cancelled my flight and have a flight credit with Qantas but it must be used by March and for the same country.

I'm busy working from September until mid Jan so I can't do any other U.S. shows. Miami in Jan is a possibility but there was an internship at a spa I wanted to do which throws that out the window and literally my last overseas trip I took was the states in Winter. I feel like it's such a waste spending all that money to go there again, I was really looking forward to summer there. It's especially a waste of all that money to travel if Madonna tours Australia like the next month.

I'm supposed to be flying to Europe in March. The only thing I can think of is to stop off in America on the way for a few weeks holiday.

On the other hand my boss is a frequent business flyer with Qantas and has a "person" he's going to talk to about making an exception for me to use the money towards my Europe flights.

I'm really worried Madonna is not going to tour Australia now and if she does it doesn't look like it will be February anymore and I must leave in March for work.

Ugh I don't know what to do. This is such a mess and I'm so upset. I really need to know about Aus dates so I can make a decision wether to keep or get a refund for my Miami concert ticket. And wtf to do with my flight voucher.

I just read my ticketmaster email and I have until August 29 to refund my concert ticket. At least that gives me time to see what other dates and locations are being added.

Well my heart goes out to everybody who bought tickets and paid for hotels etc,what a total kick in the cunt! I just hope she truly makes it up to everybody by putting on a spectacular show.

This is such a mess. What an unnecessary head-ache and heart-ache for fans. I know that the fans that are travelling from other countries are major Madonna fans - flying to another country and booking tickets to see her. Can understand their frustration and anger. Plus the people in Miami were so excited to see this as an opening night concert and they have been let down. Just dreadful for fans.

Whilst I love the Rebel Heart album and performances etc, the absolute stuff-ups that have gone on this era are dreadful. Not releasing singles with the video clip releases, rush releasing songs in December that were planned as singles. Now this mess with changing dates for concerts to months later. So unprofessional and no fore-sight from her team. I also find Live Nation itself to be very unprofessional.