Madonna Instagram Thread (June/July 2014)

Apples388

I did not say she does not care about commercial success and I think every musician and artist does - they want their work to be appreciated and noticed. Otherwise they would never try and make it.

However, I was commenting on the post that said something died in her and she has since been chasing commercial success. Saying something died in her is such a dreadful exaggeration and I find it hard to fathom that a fan of Madonna can look at her and think that. People really have to get over Hard Candy as well. This continual bringing it up as if she only did it for American success and selling out etc has become boring. Madonna has always changed her music styles with each album. If she was obsessed with chasing American success, she most likely would have kept making the same music as Like a Virgin all of those years ago, considering that the album turned her into a superstar and was massively popular.

Tell it like it is, sister!

The whole interview is strange!

You can tell the flop of Amercian Life has got to her. She seems uneasy all the way trough!

Something died in her in 2003. And to a certain extent she has chased commercial success ever since.....but part of the issue is "expectation" and the failure of that album in commercial terms somehow ment a failure of her as an artist.

Such a boring, and frankly ignorant, comment.

totally! i absolutely love the interview! she's just a bit more down to earth in it compared to most of her interviews. she seemed in a great mood for a simple/lovely/funny chat. nothing more or less.

Ignorant of what? Just my personal take on that time in her career!

I don't want to get mis-quoted....all I ment was that her decisions following AL I feel we're made on the back of the album commercially failing.

Had AL been a commercial success I don't think she would of done a duet with Britney Spears...and I do think she has "avoided" being THAT different or experimental since and instead has concentrated on very commercial "lead singles" ect.

I just feel she has lost her creative edge somewhat since 2003 in SOME aspects....mainly her musical output!

That's all! PEACE ✌️

Her only different and experimental album was ROL and let's keep in mind that American Life failed both commercially and artistically.

It's good actually for a true artist to fail every now and then because they try even more ,M released COADF after AL which is a brilliant album ,that's why it was a huge success on every level.

In my opinion for a singer after the age of 40 ,to be able for such a comeback ,is simply extraordinary

Anyway we post in the wrong thread!!!

I would agree with you about ROL being her most "different" album on the whole BUT Erotica AND Bedtime Stories that came before it explored "different" sounds that was her first step AWAY from the mainstream.

I agree with you about Confessions, she went out ad along with Warner Brothers, really worked the entire launch and era.....it was a DIRECT response to the commercial failure of AL.

But Madonna has always been the queen of the comeback, nobody expected ROL in 1998....it knocked critics off there feet aswell as the general public!

Ignorant of what? Just my personal take on that time in her career!

I don't want to get mis-quoted....all I ment was that her decisions following AL I feel we're made on the back of the album commercially failing.

Had AL been a commercial success I don't think she would of done a duet with Britney Spears...and I do think she has "avoided" being THAT different or experimental since and instead has concentrated on very commercial "lead singles" ect.

I just feel she has lost her creative edge somewhat since 2003 in SOME aspects....mainly her musical output!

That's all! PEACE ✌️

Maybe her immediate reaction to it was that of recovery mode/damage control but to say that something in her died creatively and that it's still informing her albums creatively henceforth is a bit inaccurate. If that's how you feel, I respect that. I just don't agree. :-)

Maybe her immediate reaction to it was that of recovery mode/damage control but to say that something in her died creatively and that it's still informing her albums creatively henceforth is a bit inaccurate. If that's how you feel, I respect that. I just don't agree. :-)

💋 I agree to disagree!

But yes, I agree with you, it WAS damage control....in my opinion her musical output since 2003 AND her "choices" have changed...have it's her being modern....pop is ALL about collaboration now, but she never used to do that.

That's all I ment! I love to agree to disagree!

Her only different and experimental album was ROL and let's keep in mind that American Life failed both commercially and artistically.

It's good actually for a true artist to fail every now and then because they try even more ,M released COADF after AL which is a brilliant album ,that's why it was a huge success on every level.

In my opinion for a singer after the age of 40 ,to be able for such a comeback ,is simply extraordinary

Anyway we post in the wrong thread!!!

I respectfully disagree...American Life was experimental-she didn't play it safe at all and for that I give her artistic credit.

I respectfully disagree...American Life was experimental-she didn't play it safe at all and for that I give her artistic credit.

Come on, she played it really safe by hiring her former record's co-producer and trying to please her husband's taste.

COADF, Hard Candy and even MDNA are more creative than American Life.

Come on, she played it really safe by hiring her former record's co-producer and trying to please her husband's taste.

says the man with the che avatar...

AL sounds different to me than MUSIC....two distinct albums...I think there is a ton more sophistication in the lyrics,vocals and music in AL than HC or MDNA

The trouble with AL is that if had no singles.

And for me it sounds unfinished, and doesn't have the usual might!

Personally, when people say it was her "2nd" LAP I just don't get it.....THAT album was packed with great song after great song after great song.

I don't see AL like that at all!

I did not say she does not care about commercial success and I think every musician and artist does - they want their work to be appreciated and noticed. Otherwise they would never try and make it.

However, I was commenting on the post that said something died in her and she has since been chasing commercial success. Saying something died in her is such a dreadful exaggeration and I find it hard to fathom that a fan of Madonna can look at her and think that. People really have to get over Hard Candy as well. This continual bringing it up as if she only did it for American success and selling out etc has become boring. Madonna has always changed her music styles with each album. If she was obsessed with chasing American success, she most likely would have kept making the same music as Like a Virgin all of those years ago, considering that the album turned her into a superstar and was massively popular.

:clap::clap::clap:

Come on, she played it really safe by hiring her former record's co-producer and trying to please her husband's taste. COADF, Hard Candy and even MDNA are more creative than American Life.

So AL wasn't a creative endeavour on her part?

She was trying to please her husband? :lmao:

Can I just ask what some of you smoke?

No seriously, give me the number of your drug dealer

caresse_henry_rip.jpg

lol i doubt he liked that she walked around in a leotard. ;) im sure he did inspire her with some folk ish songs though. but i think that's a good thing :)

So AL wasn't a creative endeavour on her part?

She was trying to please her husband? :lmao:

Can I just ask what some of you smoke?

No seriously, give me the number of your drug dealer

caresse_henry_rip.jpg

IKR!! There's so many dumb comment on this board, these days...!! Holy shit!!

From ROL to MDNA, AL is the most non-Typical madonna album she made. Whoever thinks she played it safe there can eat it! (And drink soy latte).

:clap::clap:

One of Madonna's most experimental, eclectic and original albums out there

I think that many people's view of that era is simply tainted by the fact that she kept Mirwais for a second time in a row, that she pulled her own video, the children's book, the very promotionally fitting VMA thing with the two starlets (not in terms of her current album sales but of herself, Madonna to the eyes of a younger generation), MATM etc etc But it's undeniable that from a mere musical perspective that album was Madonna at one of her finest moments.

And on a sidenote I have to keep laughing at the Madonna fans who have blamed and still blame Guy Ritchie or the fact that she deliberately chose to live in Britain part time for 10 years for everything that might have gone "wrong" in her life :rotfl:

Yeah. As if Guy put a gun to her head and forced her to live there. Madonna is an adult who can make her own decisions and knows how to be accountable. Sure, the people at certain points in her life may influence her decision but she's not a dummy who is not in control of her life.

From ROL to MDNA, AL is the most non-Typical madonna album she made. Whoever thinks she played it safe there can eat it! (And drink soy latte)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap::clap:

One of Madonna's most experimental, eclectic and original albums out there

I think that many people's view of that era is simply tainted by the fact that she kept Mirwais for a second time in a row, that she pulled her own video, the children's book, the very promotionally fitting VMA thing with the two starlets (not in terms of her current album sales but of herself, Madonna to the eyes of a younger generation), MATM etc etc.

But it's undeniable that from a mere musical perspective that album was Madonna at one of her finest moments.

:clap: Well said.

And on a sidenote I have to keep laughing at the Madonna fans who have blamed and still blame Guy Ritchie or the fact that she deliberately chose to live in Britain part time for 10 years for everything that might have gone "wrong" in her life :rotfl:

It's utterly ridiculous... :huh::doh: