Madonna Instagram Thread (June/July 2014)

Apples388

In Christopher's book, he says that he suggested getting a private plane to Madonna, and she said, "That's too expensive! And I don't have to. I can just use the Warner jet." I guess Live Nation doesn't have a jet of their own!

She's very thrifty our Madonna. Remember when she complained about having to pay a £5 fee every time she went home. :rotfl:

4.20-5.00

Never in a million years would i have had pictured Madonna as the kind of person who has stuffed animals on her bed.

:lol: I remember reading about Madonna when she first come to New York. She had only her suitcase and carried a giant baby doll under her arm around with her. I have read about that several times and always wondered if it was a present from her mother or something sentimental that people keep from childhood. Either way, always sounded sweet.

She's very thrifty our Madonna. Remember when she complained about having to pay a £5 fee every time she went home. :rotfl:

4.20-5.00

Love thrifty donna :rotfl:

She could very well afford one, that's for sure and many times over too

There's people who are worth a fraction of what she is worth who do go around by private plane

She's always been so smart

4.20-5.00

what a strange interview

I feel like she was very self conscious about what was happening to her image and to the album

The whole interview is strange!

You can tell the flop of Amercian Life has got to her. She seems uneasy all the way trough!

Something died in her in 2003. And to a certain extent she has chased commercial success ever since.....but part of the issue is "expectation" and the failure of that album in commercial terms somehow ment a failure of her as an artist.

The interview is fantastic, but she just sat her ass down after a horrible performance.

She even gives the band a face when she walks to the sofa.

The whole interview is strange!

You can tell the flop of Amercian Life has got to her. She seems uneasy all the way trough!

Something died in her in 2003. And to a certain extent she has chased commercial success ever since.....but part of the issue is "expectation" and the failure of that album in commercial terms somehow ment a failure of her as an artist.

What died in her ? You really think having an album that did not sell as many copies ( no matter how great it was ) would affect her that much ? We are talking Madonna here, and she went through much worse of a backlash with the Erotica/Sex era. She has more depth than to sit around worrying about album sales. You are making her out to be like Gaga - saying about chasing commercial success etc. This is Madonna - she always gets back up and moves on with life.

Hmmm

Well post-erotica she made Evita, Bedtime Stories that ultimately laied the "electronic" sees for Ray of Light...

Post-American Life saw a Britney Spear duet, averts for Jeans, an ABBA sample AND making Hard Candy.

I'm NOT dissing anything here, just saying that you can't deny some of Madonnas decisions after the American Life flop WERE made to claw back something....

Would she of taken the same route had American Life enjoyed the same welcoming as it's predecessor Music?

I don't think she would of done a lot.

So yes, I think in a post-2003 world Madonna changed.

What died in her ? You really think having an album that did not sell as many copies ( no matter how great it was ) would affect her that much ? We are talking Madonna here, and she went through much worse of a backlash with the Erotica/Sex era. She has more depth than to sit around worrying about album sales. You are making her out to be like Gaga - saying about chasing commercial success etc. This is Madonna - she always gets back up and moves on with life.

Spot on, my Jazzy friend! I'm reading some the comments and am like, What are these ppl talking about? M was fine b4 2003 and she was fine after lol

Hmmm

Well post-erotica she made Evita, Bedtime Stories that ultimately laied the "electronic" sees for Ray of Light...

Post-American Life saw a Britney Spear duet, averts for Jeans, an ABBA sample AND making Hard Candy.

I'm NOT dissing anything here, just saying that you can't deny some of Madonnas decisions after the American Life flop WERE made to claw back something....

Would she of taken the same route had American Life enjoyed the same welcoming as it's predecessor Music?

I don't think she would of done a lot.

So yes, I think in a post-2003 world Madonna changed.

Dumbass alert!!!!!

Why a dumbass?

It's an opinion that's all!

I love Madonna in any year!

BUT when I said "she changed post-2003, that's my opinion!

Following American Life I think she made decisions in her career she never would of done had the album not been a commercial failure.

As for all the talk that "she doesn't care" about sales, that's simply not true!

She might not "brag" about sales....but she's always intrested in being successful in music....of she wasn't, she would release her music for free through madonna.com.

Peace! ✌️

Madonna cares about commercial success, why be part of the music industry if you dont give a shit? why bother? why would interscope sign her? ...does she brag? does she whine about it?

no but that doesn't mean she ignores the good and the bad when it comes to sales figures. if she didnt care she wouldn't have signed the live nation deal. she still loves music/making music part of the fun of that is being successful...watch the Matt Lauer interview from 03...she tells him the same thing.

after a low selling album she does act like it never happened...she is resilient and takes it for what it is but that doesn't mean she doesn't care or is somehow beyond disappointment. BTW Hard Candy was a direct 'chase' of the American audience.

Madonna cares about commercial success, why be part of the music industry if you dont give a shit? why bother? why would interscope sign her? ...does she brag? does she whine about it?

no but that doesn't mean she ignores the good and the bad when it comes to sales figures. if she didnt care she wouldn't have signed the live nation deal. she still loves music/making music part of the fun of that is being successful...watch the Matt Lauer interview from 03...she tells him the same thing.

after a low selling album she does act like it never happened...she is resilient and takes it for what it is but that doesn't mean she doesn't care or is somehow beyond disappointment. BTW Hard Candy was a direct 'chase' of the American audience.

I did not say she does not care about commercial success and I think every musician and artist does - they want their work to be appreciated and noticed. Otherwise they would never try and make it.

However, I was commenting on the post that said something died in her and she has since been chasing commercial success. Saying something died in her is such a dreadful exaggeration and I find it hard to fathom that a fan of Madonna can look at her and think that. People really have to get over Hard Candy as well. This continual bringing it up as if she only did it for American success and selling out etc has become boring. Madonna has always changed her music styles with each album. If she was obsessed with chasing American success, she most likely would have kept making the same music as Like a Virgin all of those years ago, considering that the album turned her into a superstar and was massively popular.