Gaga slams Madonna comparisons

realityisalways

Edit: This was during the Andy Cohen interview:

And between her music and boundary-pushing ways, Gaga's been known to draw up a few comparisons to none other than Madonna over the years.

"Who's to say I'm anything like her at all? Who's to say that my ambitions are even the same as hers? Who's to say I'm not an entirely different person?" Gaga questioned. "Because I am. You have to understand, I was a waitress five years ago."

"My ambition was never to rule the world. It was always to change the world."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/475210/lady-gaga-is-glamour-s-woman-of-the-year-says-she-s-not-conventionally-beautiful

ok...she doesn't want to be madonna...let's take a look at this quote

Who's to say I'm anything like her at all she's not me

my ambitions blond ambition

Because I am i am because we are

My ambition blond ambition

to rule the world to rule the world

all this in three lines.... :chuckle:

Guest Xanthium

Even though I love her music, I just have no interest in Gaga as a person. She talks a good game in interviews but once you realize she does not have a consistent identity nor train of thought, you realize it's all spur of the moment and it's done for attention and/or to sound good. She's constantly contradicting herself. It's like she has short term memory loss or is a pathological liar who can't keep her story straight. One thing she is consistent about though is her constant need to thank her fans, which is quite annoying.

who said that? did she say that herself? oh dear :rotfl:

because she's known to occasionally talk in the third person

and if the magazine wrote that, they're even more pathetic than the cover girl herself

No it was one of her monsters .

Also, wasnt Madonna a waiter in Dunkin Donuts? So I dont see how this job really differeniciates Gaga from Madge? And also if one has to have an image of someone struggling before becoming famous: that image should be Madonna who actually had to eat from trash cans, not Gaga.

Also, wasnt Madonna a waiter in Dunkin Donuts? So I dont see how this job really differeniciates Gaga from Madge? And also if one has to have an image of someone struggling before becoming famous: that image should be Madonna who actually had to eat from trash cans, not Gaga.

Yes, she was! And she supposedly checked coats at Russian Tea Room and I've heard she worked at Burger King during those years.....probably among many many other jobs for survival that we will never know because SHE DOESN'T AND NEVER HAS RAN HER MOUTH ABOUT IT TRYING TO GET SYMPATHY FROM PEOPLE!!

Nobody is ever gonna call this bitch out on her stupid shit......I just don't understand how she gets away with so much. And aren't her fans screaming right now how she's a victim of media abuse?? WTF! This bitch hasn't seen nothing at this point. The woman has a predominately young fanbase, many whom aren't adults and yet she does drugs on stage (I'm FAR from anti pot but I mean....come on, I never heard ANYTHING about this in the media), she's shown up very OBVIOUSLY out of her skull on SOMETHING at virtually every appearance she's made this era. UGH.....she just pisses me off!! lol

I mean let's think about this......Madonna makes headlines for being an old, grumpy bitch because she asked a fan to put a cig out. Gaga does drugs on stage in front of an audience of kids and NOTHING.

Madonna pulls a tit out at her concert and she's old, desperate, on the cover of newspapers getting BLASTED.

Gaga takes ALL her clothes off on stage and if I didn't read the "Lady Gaga" thread here at MNation, I would NEVER have even heard about it.

WHY does this bitch get different treatment!?!? UGH!!!

The condescending, pandering, manipulative bullshitter that she is...and the fact that she gets away with it, STILL, is actually disturbing.

She is literally the "single white female" of pop music.

I have never wanted to see someone FAIL so miserably in life - in front of the WHOLE WORLD - as I do this girl.

She deserves it. She TRULY deserves it.

The condescending, pandering, manipulative bullshitter that she is...and the fact that she gets away with it, STILL, is actually disturbing.

I have never wanted to see someone FAIL so miserably in life - in front of the WHOLE WORLD - as I do this girl.

Obviously, she has A LOT of $$$ backing her/protecting her right now. They are REALLY trying to make this Artpop era work, but so far it's being handled even sloppier than BTW era. The bad part about it is, no matter how she performs, her fans and the media will find a way to justify if she underperforms. They will say that Artpop is "art" and too far left for mainstream so the fact that she's flopping shows how brave she is as an artist to put her commercial success on the line by releasing something so "avante garde". If she gains weight they will say that because she's SUCH A PROFESSIONAL, she got back to work way too soon after her "hip surgery" and didn't give herself sufficient time to heal.....you know, because she loves her fans so much and just couldn't WAIT to get back to work. I mean......the fucking media comes up with ANYTHING to protect her.

I've come to realize that I actually don't hate HER as much as her fans and the media that feels the need to protect her. Don't get me wrong, she's fake and full of shit 95% of the time but without the $$$ from media and delusion from her fans, she wouldn't be able to carry on like this for so long.

True.

I love Madonna so much in this interview.

Just love the way she says "No! Because she's she. And I'm me."

Then with a naughty wink to the camera "Look it up" peering up with big eyes from behind the teacup.

So charismatic. So playful. So beautiful. So effortlessly charming.

Things Goober will never be.

I think the reductive comment was really the start of Gaga's free fall. Then came M's Super Bowl performance which just demonstrated Madonna's VAST superiority as a performer and cemented her position as Queen of Pop. After that, nothing Gaga did could overshadow that performance. The general public realized that she was just another wannabe who was never ever gonnabe. And that's when Gaga panicked & became desperate and started shooting her mouth off and tried every trick in the book to outdo Madonna but she failed. Madonna's tour pummeled hers to pieces and now she's become even more desperate. And I'm pretty sure her desperation & insecurity has led to drugs which has led to the utter mess she's become today.

The real problem that Gaga and her record company has is not really how well Artpop sells but how are they going to launch a successful tour afterwards. Gaga doesn't have a deal with a touring company like Madonna so I'm sure (like most new artists), her deal with Interscope includes a cut in the more lucrative aspect of today's music industry - touring. That's why Interscope is still pouring money in promoting her in hopes that if the album is a success, a successful tour will follow. There is not much money to be made in record sales anymore so it doesn't make sense for record companies to invest so much on their artists unless they get a cut in the much bigger pie - tours. Problem for Gaga is, if the BTW tour was a bust, can you imagine what the Artpoop tour will be like when she is considerably less popular now than she was 2 years ago. Madonna may not sell millions of albums anymore but she's raking in on her tours & will continue to do so. She has been untouchable in that respect & to think Madonna has not even launched a greatest hits tour yet. Gaga on the other hand, will be hard pressed to sell out arenas, much less stadiums. Interscope is making a last ditch effort to prop her up in the hopes that she could again become as big as she was 3 years ago but nothing Gaga or Interscope have done so far has reversed the downward slide. Sooner or later, Interscope will realize that she is just a bad investment and then....THUD!

The real problem that Gaga and her record company has is not really how well Artpop sells but how are they going to launch a successful tour afterwards.

Exactly. To add fuel to the fire we already know that Live Nation is going after Miley Cyrus for their next big tour investment. Interscope and Joanne are so fucked.

I think the reductive comment was really the start of Gaga's free fall. Then came M's Super Bowl performance which just demonstrated Madonna's VAST superiority as a performer and cemented her position as Queen of Pop. After that, nothing Gaga did could overshadow that performance. The general public realized that she was just another wannabe who was never ever gonnabe. And that's when Gaga panicked & became desperate and started shooting her mouth off and tried every trick in the book to outdo Madonna but she failed. Madonna's tour pummeled hers to pieces and now she's become even more desperate. And I'm pretty sure her desperation & insecurity has led to drugs which has led to the utter mess she's become today.

The real problem that Gaga and her record company has is not really how well Artpop sells but how are they going to launch a successful tour afterwards. Gaga doesn't have a deal with a touring company like Madonna so I'm sure (like most new artists), her deal with Interscope includes a cut in the more lucrative aspect of today's music industry - touring. That's why Interscope is still pouring money in promoting her in hopes that if the album is a success, a successful tour will follow. There is not much money to be made in record sales anymore so it doesn't make sense for record companies to invest so much on their artists unless they get a cut in the much bigger pie - tours. Problem for Gaga is, if the BTW tour was a bust, can you imagine what the Artpoop tour will be like when she is considerably less popular now than she was 2 years ago. Madonna may not sell millions of albums anymore but she's raking in on her tours & will continue to do so. She has been untouchable in that respect & to think Madonna has not even launched a greatest hits tour yet. Gaga on the other hand, will be hard pressed to sell out arenas, much less stadiums. Interscope is making a last ditch effort to prop her up in the hopes that she could again become as big as she was 3 years ago but nothing Gaga or Interscope have done so far has reversed the downward slide. Sooner or later, Interscope will realize that she is just a bad investment and then....THUD!

This is great and so true

Oh wow, hypocracy aside, that's actually a well deliberated response from team gaga,

as far as recyclable soundbite qoutes r concerned, it's PR 101.

Tapping in2 the perception that M is this rich lady who has it easy, while she is still young & had 2 earn her way...

The truth doesn't matter...

Well played. :popcorn2:

Oh wow, hypocracy aside, that's actually a well deliberated response from team gaga,

Tapping in2 the perception that M is this rich lady who has it easy, while she is still young & had 2 earn her way...

But... lie enough and nothing you say makes an impact anymore. We're witnessing that now with Gaga.

Contrarily, because Madonna most usually tells the truth, even when detrimental to her, when she says something like "It felt reductive", it carries 100 times more weight because of that credibility - even if it's all happening on a subconscious level.

Also, lest we forget, this is the PR team that crafted "I'm every icon" as a response to Gaga's constant copying. :huh:

But... lie enough and nothing you say makes an impact anymore. We're witnessing that now with Gaga.

Contrarily, because Madonna most usually tells the truth, even when detrimental to her, when she says something like "It felt reductive", it carries 100 times more weight because of that credibility - even if it's all happening on a subconscious level.

Also, lest we forget, this is the PR team that crafted "I'm every icon" as a response to Gaga's constant copying. :huh:

The problem is the people who don't know she's lying don't care and those who still care enough (even in a negative way) know she's lying. Either way, she's busted!

Guest bluejean

Meanwhile though her 3rd album is flopping