What's Next??

ashtangi74

Steve Bray, Pat Leonard, Stuart Price & William Orbit

I was thinking M going back to her 13 best producers and tell them: Hey guys let's do it the right way, and create a single with each one... that would certainly be a mess of an album, but every single M fan (past, present and future) would be connected... well whatever!

Madonna just needs to come with something different again. all the pop girls and their electronic/dance/crapop are flopping. it's time for a change and I want Madonna to be the first "mainstream" artist to start that change again.

Madonna just needs to come with something different again. all the pop girls and their electronic/dance/crapop are flopping. it's time for a change and I want Madonna to be the first "mainstream" artist to start that change again.

I hear u... but I agree with nightshade....I betcha avicii will be involved in next album. :Disco_Ball:

^ He was also at the Depeche Mode concert last month. I wish THAT was a harbinger of a future collab.

Depeche Mode's rock-oriented techno was a lovely shade of dark and moody. Although I have a feeling her next record will be lighter and more fun than the anger-tinged MDNA.

if avicci and those kind of djs or producers are on her next album I'm gonna flip. enough with dance/rent-a-dj albums already. lord. :excl::angry: I'm okay with MDNA but she needs to explore new musical grounds again. and invest in better lyrics for all her songs, instead of just a few.

if avicci and those kind of djs or producers are on her next album I'm gonna flip. enough with dance/rent-a-dj albums already. lord. :excl::angry: I'm okay with MDNA but she needs to explore new musical grounds again. and invest in better lyrics for all her songs, instead of just a few.

I know people want something different, but Madonna has always had a dance electronic element to her music. She's always surrounded herself with dj's from the beginning of her career. Why should she not continue doing that? Dance and electronic is a huge part of who she is, always will be. Not all dj's are the same. Avicii's last album is actually quite good. It throws in lots of different influences, rock, country, pop, R&B etc. Not sure how you can be a Madonna fan and think all electronic music is garbage. Isn't that like being a Stones fan and hating rock?

I just hope that anything she does as music style, translate into GREAT performances on tour. Just like MDNA.

Yes, I think it's all about the tour! Live performances are the best for me. Much more exciting than listening to a cd.

I know people want something different, but Madonna has always had a dance electronic element to her music. She's always surrounded herself with dj's from the beginning of her career. Why should she not continue doing that? Dance and electronic is a huge part of who she is, always will be. Not all dj's are the same. Avicii's last album is actually quite good. It throws in lots of different influences, rock, country, pop, R&B etc. Not sure how you can be a Madonna fan and think all electronic music is garbage. Isn't that like being a Stones fan and hating rock?

I'm fine with dance music. I guess I should have elaborated this.. I'm just tired of the solveig/guetta/etc kind of genre we got after HC and for MDNA. orbit is dance music as well, so is Mirwais and most of her past producers. but they're on a whole other level then those DJs we hear on the radio now. they're actual professional producers as well. they get her sound.

Ok, so Shakira is releasing her new single next week. It is her first single under Livenation and Livenation's second major release ever.

Livenation reached a deal with Sony Music to release it. It is going to be interesting to see what's going to happen and if it gets proper promo by the label all around the world and not just in the US.

The thing is that Shakira used to be with Sony so by investing in the new release the label is going to make money by her old catalogue too, something which is not the case with Madonna and Universal. So they have an extra incentive to support new release.

I was reading an article that says Livenation and Sony are going to split all the profits made from Shakira's music sales. That's interesting.

I am still trying to figure out what the relationship between Madonna and Universal is. Do Universal and Livenation split the profits too? If you look at Universal Music's main website where you can see all their artists, Madonna is nowhere to be found.

Universal has become a huge giant. They have most big names. And since MDNA they have become even bigger because they bought EMI. Unfortunately they will never use all their resources to properly promote Madonna worldwide because there are sooo many 100% UNI artists releasing at any given time that need the label's support. Why use their resources for an artist whose catalogue is not theirs and doesn't even fully belongs to the label while they have to promote other 100% fully owned names like Rihanna, Katy, Gaga, Eminem and pretty much more than 40-50% mainstream hits and artists.

For Warner she was always their reliable no1 and highest priority.

Anyway, let's see what's going to happen with Shaki.

^ He was also at the Depeche Mode concert last month. I wish THAT was a harbinger of a future collab.

Depeche Mode's rock-oriented techno was a lovely shade of dark and moody. Although I have a feeling her next record will be lighter and more fun than the anger-tinged MDNA.

A Depeche Mode/Madonna collaboration would be OUT OF THIS WORLD :wow:

MDNA wasn't a dark album LOL

I don't find it particularly lighthearted though. She seems pissed off and sad on a lot of the tracks, then when you factor in the imagery of the tour (which is essentially a live presentation of the album).....I don't know, just doesn't seem like Madonna's most jubilant period. Even though HC had some lyrics that dealt with the dissolution of her marriage, overall it's a much lighter, happier affair. The S&S tour sort of reflects that mood, it's bright, colorful....compare that to the staging of MDNA.

Live Nation Said to Be Near Deal for Management Companies By BEN SISARIO Published: November 12, 2013

Live Nation Entertainment, the giant concert company that includes Ticketmaster, is in advanced negotiations to buy the management companies behind U2 and Madonna, according to several people with direct knowledge of the talks.

If the deal is consummated, it will further strengthen Live Nation’s already deep ties with U2 and Madonna, two of the highest-earning and most durable pop acts of the last 30 years. As part of the deal, Live Nation would pay more than $30 million for both Principle Management, the company of U2’s longtime manager, Paul McGuinness, as well as Maverick, run by Guy Oseary, Madonna’s manager, according to these people, who spoke on the condition that they not be named because they were not authorized to discuss the deal publicly.

In what would be one of the most surprising shifts in years among the forces behind pop megastars, Mr. Oseary, 41, would take over the day-to-day management of U2. Mr. McGuinness, 62, who has managed U2 almost since its inception — and in doing so became one of the most highly esteemed executives in the music business — would become Principle’s chairman, with a role that was not fully clear.

A spokeswoman for Live Nation declined to comment, and Mr. Oseary could not be reached Tuesday afternoon.

In a statement, Mr. McGuinness said: “It could be seen as slightly poor etiquette for a manager to consider retiring before his artist has split, quit or died, but U2 have never subscribed to the rock and roll code of conduct. As I approach the musically relevant age of 64 I have resolved to take a less hands-on role as the band embark on the next cycle of their extraordinary career. I am delighted that Live Nation, who with Arthur Fogel have been our long term touring partners, have joined us in creating this powerful new force in artist management. I have long regarded Guy Oseary as the best manager of his generation and there is no one else I would have considered to take over the day-to-day running of our business.”

According to Pollstar, a concert industry trade magazine, the top 10 highest-grossing tours include four by U2 and one by Madonna. U2’s last tour, called 360, had more than $700 million in ticket sales and was seen by nearly seven million people around the world.

Live Nation, which besides its concert promotion and ticketing business manages the careers of some 200 acts through its Artist Nation division, has had close ties with both U2 and Madonna for years. In 2007, it struck a $120 million deal with Madonna that covered touring and recorded music rights for a decade, and it later sold the recording rights to Universal. In 2008, it made a deal with U2 to handle the band’s touring and merchandising exclusively for 12 years.

Along with other arrangements Live Nation made around that time with Jay Z, Shakira and Nickelback, those deals came to symbolize a major change in the music business, as artists looked to concerts, merchandise and myriad other outlets to make up for lost record sales.

NYtimes

edit: ok never mind, I made it a topic. I think it's definitely worthy of one anyway and I don't need this to get lost or unnoticed.

I want trip hop and dance album written with Pat Leonard! Producer can be Orbit/Price or The Demolition Crew.

Yes to the trip hop part, with only a subtle dance element! Time for something pensive or brooding with a rich sonic landscape to complement it.

tumblr_mtg15etNro1qmemvwo1_500.jpg

You've had enough albums where you just wanna dance and get down! Take a breather.