What's Next??

ashtangi74

I can't believe all the people on board for a Daft Punk collab. They are soo overrated now just because they had a hit with Pharrell. I would like her to work with someone totally unknown that will blow everyone away. If she does end up working with producers more known, then I wish it would be ratatat

ratatat9.jpg

Guest Xanthium

Very disappointed in her musical choices. Therefore I'm into her films more so. Daft Punk is sickeningly top 40 and trendy now. Shame on her.

Actually the new Daft Punk album is quite left-of-center, uncommercial and experimental. It's nothing like the singles. Have you heard the album?

Guest Xanthium

I find it rather ironic that people are complaining about a commercial artist working with other commercial artists. If Madonna herself was underground or indie, your argument might have a leg to stand on.

Guest Xanthium

I can't believe all the people on board for a Daft Punk collab. They are soo overrated now just because they had a hit with Pharrell. I would like her to work with someone totally unknown that will blow everyone away. If she does end up working with producers more known, then I wish it would be ratatat

ratatat9.jpg

How does totally unknown equate quality?

Actually the new Daft Punk album is quite left-of-center, uncommercial and experimental. It's nothing like the singles. Have you heard the album?

Exactly. Top 40 isn't exactly what I think of listening to their album. I love their album and feel like they actually pushed themselves to do something a bit different, yet stay true to their sound.

How does totally unknown equate quality?

I didn't say it did, but in the past with Madonna that's exactly what it was. She is was known for being ahead of the game and discovering new things, not working with who's hot at the time.

Guest Xanthium

I didn't say it did, but in the past with Madonna that's exactly what it was. She is was known for being ahead of the game and discovering new things, not working with who's hot at the time.

I understand what your saying but Madonna has had successful, quality music with known/popular producers before. If you listen to Daft Punk's new album, you'd see that they are hardly the mainstream artists people think they've become with a couple a Pharrell-backed tunes. They're having some fun with a little mainstream disco right now, that's all. Madonna would probably make great music with them. It's not like she's seeking out Max Martin or Dr. Luke.

Yes, what is this obsession M fans have with "unknown producers"?? The producers of both LAP and ROL were definitely not "unknown" when those albums were released, critically acclaimed and conquered the charts. The fact that Orbit is often cited as one of her "unknown" producers when discussing their work together on ROL is more a sign of those times than anything else. If that were now, people would be bitching about how she's worked with him on remixes for almost 10 years and that his sound is tired. In the age of YouTube, it's going to be very very hard for her to find an "unknown producer" in the way many of us considered Orbit or Mirwais to be.

Part of the problem when she makes an album now IMO is that we know too much. We know every last detail of what goes on and we never used to. All the things people complained about with HC and MDNA have happened many many many times throughout the course of her career. I can only imagine the meltdowns if we had MNAtion when LAP was being made...."OMG she's working with Leonard.....AGAIN!"

Guest Xanthium

Exactly. Top 40 isn't exactly what I think of listening to their album. I love their album and feel like they actually pushed themselves to do something a bit different, yet stay true to their sound.

Yes! So that's why it's so odd that people are gasping about them. These critics obviously only heard "Get Lucky".

This probably won't be popular but I'd love a modern take on Confessions where she works with one cutting edge DJ or producer and stays within the dance genre but experimental like Bedtime Story or Ray of Light and juxtaposes some mature and deep lyrics with powerful vocals against some hardcore dance music, a little like Kelis's Flesh Tones and her own Ray of Light where her singing just soars through the music and sounds beautiful but the sound is club. I think an updated Confessions and the examples i used above is probably the best way to imagine what I'm trying to say. I don't want a straight up pop record or an album of Falling Free's mixed with a few dance cuts like MDNA or Music. I want hardcore club music but without the silly lyrics.

I'm open to M working with Daft Punk, but some other newer artist might be more interesting. Their latest album is very good & agree not very commercial besides huge Pharrell hit. The album is one of my favorites from this year.

Yes! So that's why it's so odd that people are gasping about them. These critics obviously only heard "Get Lucky".

Quite frankly, even if the Daft Punk album were full of "Get Lucky's", that song STILL sounds fresh and unique in comparison to what's hot on Top 40 radio right now. I know the sound is definitely not new, but it's certainly been pushed to the back burner for many many years now.

There are some amazing soundscapes on the Daft Punk album, I'd definitely say it's their most ambitious project.

Guest Xanthium

Yes, what is this obsession M fans have with "unknown producers"?? The producers of both LAP and ROL were definitely not "unknown" when those albums were released, critically acclaimed and conquered the charts. The fact that Orbit is often cited as one of her "unknown" producers when discussing their work together on ROL is more a sign of those times than anything else. If that were now, people would be bitching about how she's worked with him on remixes for almost 10 years and that his sound is tired. In the age of YouTube, it's going to be very very hard for her to find an "unknown producer" in the way many of us considered Orbit or Mirwais to be.

Part of the problem when she makes an album now IMO is that we know too much. We know every last detail of what goes on and we never used to. All the things people complained about with HC and MDNA have happened many many many times throughout the course of her career. I can only imagine the meltdowns if we had MNAtion when LAP was being made...."OMG she's working with Leonard.....AGAIN!"

Definitely agree with the fact that the internet had basically eliminated the "unknown" producer or artist. It's also very difficult to find new sounds. Everything's been done thirty times over. Unless you want Madonna to do some bizarre avant-garde ukulele bird noise performance art shit, she's not going to usher in some revolutionary or unheard of sound before. Those times are over.

Guest Xanthium

Quite frankly, even if the Daft Punk album were full of "Get Lucky's", that song STILL sounds fresh and unique in comparison to what's hot on Top 40 radio right now. I know the sound is definitely not new, but it's certainly been pushed to the back burner for many many years now.

There are some amazing soundscapes on the Daft Punk album, I'd definitely say it's their most ambitious project.

Now I have to go listen to the album :D "Touch" makes me all emotional and sad :(

No I have the entire album on my phone. I like maybe 3 or 4 songs from it, but it's not really that special to me. As I said I prefer Ratatat.

Now I have to go listen to the album :D "Touch" makes me all emotional and sad :(

Touch is gorgeous!! I love the album so much that I find I can't just listen to one song.....it's one of those albums where I have to take the time to listen to all of it when I get the itch to hear it! It flows perfectly.

Guest Xanthium

No I have the entire album on my phone. I like maybe 3 or 4 songs from it, but it's not really that special to me. As I said I prefer Ratatat.

I personally would campaign for her to work with Gesaffelstein. His new album is amazing. Very eclectic and diversified. He's a French Jew so she should technically be all over that lol.

Guest Xanthium

Touch is gorgeous!! I love the album so much that I find I can't just listen to one song.....it's one of those albums where I have to take the time to listen to all of it when I get the itch to hear it! It flows perfectly.

Oh yes it's definitely a start-to-finish type of album. It's a journey.

I personally would campaign for her to work with Gesaffelstein. His new album is amazing. Very eclectic and diversified. He's a French Jew so she should technically be all over that lol.

Honestly I would like maybe 2 or 3 songs with Daft and then the rest with other producers. Just not an entire album if that makes sense.

In fairness though, the earliest Madonna is prob gonna start working on an album at this point is early 2014, which means it wouldn't be til about spring 2015 before she releases it. By then Ratatat may be old news to you. That's what sucks now, everything goes so fast that even if she started working on something this afternoon, by the time it's released a year from now people are gonna say it's "old".

I'm trying to think of anyone who has truly pushed the boundaries of pop music in recent years and I just can't. I'll willingly admit, I'm not the 21 year old on top of everything anymore.....lol......but Madonna was right, every record DOES sound the same and it has for a while. Ironically, Get Lucky is the first time anything has sounded fresh to me on Top 40 radio in ages and that's just old sounds brought back really.

It is kinda silly to invest so much into these "she should work with!" brigades. We all know she is gonna do whatever the hell she wants at the end of the day.. So who cares.

iv2OaG3Ci5Guk.gif

Exactly. This "create your own pizza" discussion is tiring. We should be happy that she's at least making another album. Isn't that what we want after all, new music?

Guest HaveASit

Daft Punk can deliver different types of music besides their tipical EDM . They work together with Kanye West and the result was fantastic.