MDNA Tour To Premiere On Epix June 22

Guest groovyguy

New video. Why are they calling it a documentary film. Looks like it"s not a straightaway concert film. And who"s the Asian guy in the end & did that girl in the beginning become one of her dancers. She doesn't look familiar.

http://music-mix.ew....cumentary-epix/

Love this new video!

The guy was supposed to be the violin player. She went to watch his concert at Moma in 2011.

New video. Why are they calling it a documentary film. Looks like it"s not a straightaway concert film. And who"s the Asian guy in the end & did that girl in the beginning become one of her dancers. She doesn't look familiar.

http://music-mix.ew....cumentary-epix/

Interesting. Thanks for posting. So it is more like a documentary or just a straight filming of a concert? Because she is doing all this promotion for it and also because it took so long to edit, I think it more like a documentary than just a filming of one concert. She's never done any promotion of just a plain concert DVD before.

Guest Not4Pussies

So wait, its a doc? And I'm shocked EW has given her some promo. They usually diss her or ignore her accomplishments. Also in the last EW magazine, they list the MDNA tour from 8 to 9 pm

So wait, its a doc? And I'm shocked EW has given her some promo. They usually diss her or ignore her accomplishments. Also in the last EW magazine, they list the MDNA tour from 8 to 9 pm

Do they mean it's a full length documentary like Truth or Dare and I'm Going to Tell You a Secret or do they mean a shorter documentary as one of the bonus extras on the DVD after the showing of the concert. It isn't clear from this article.

Mad guess but if its 2 hours they might've mixed in the 20 min doc with the concert, maybe cut out im a sinner for added time. Theres been no clips of it. This is a BIG guess, im probably totally wrong.

Wait...please tell me we're gonna see her in concert! It was always promoted as the MDNA Tour. They even said it would be the full concert on twitter and now we see all this stuff?

God i don't want all this?! Why not just extras on a DVD?

Didn't they originally say it was a full 90 min concert. Then Epix backtracked and said it would be on for 2 hours, no commercials?

Do they mean it's a full length documentary like Truth or Dare and I'm Going to Tell You a Secret or do they mean a shorter documentary as one of the bonus extras on the DVD after the showing of the concert. It isn't clear from this article.

According to what Madonnarama wrote 6 weeks ago, The MDNA Workshop is an 18-minute documentary featuring footage from the dancers' auditions and some of the very first rehearsals.

I think it will be included as an extra on the Blu-Ray and DVD, but I have a feeling that Epix will air it right before they broadcast the show itself. Or maybe after?

I don't think it will be a doc like TOD or Secret which was more of a doc with concert footage. I think this one is more of a concert film with maybe a few behind the scenes inserted here & there. I doubt it will be much. If ther's any cutting, I hope it will just be cutting the Best Friend interlude shorter. Everything else should stay in.

I'm expecting it will be a full concert with some behind the scenes footage interspersed. The show was about 1 hour 50 but I'm sure it's easy enough to chop another ten minutes of downtime.

Are all her dancers French or what? lol

No, only half of them :chuckle:

Wow! Like a Prayer with shots from 50 cities! That sounds epic!

My guess is that they're going to insert some behind the scenes in between sections.

Or are we getting both The MDNA Tour: Live from Miami and The MDNA Tour: The Film? :wow:

As already mentioned, there an 18-20 minutes documentary about the behind the scenes/rehearsals for the tour. It'll be a bonus feature on the DVD.

As already mentioned, there an 18-20 minutes documentary about the behind the scenes/rehearsals for the tour. It'll be a bonus feature on the DVD.

:yes:

I guess if the other docs will be included, too... After all, Inside the DNA of MDNA was directed by the same people as the concert footage.

And then there's also the TAIT documentary, but I suppose that's an AXS exclusive...

Guest Xanthium

I just found out my cable provider, Brighthouse, doesn't carry Epix :( I signed up for the free Epix trial but that's just for online. Will they air the tour online or is it just for TV subscribers?

I just found out my cable provider, Brighthouse, doesn't carry Epix :( I signed up for the free Epix trial but that's just for online. Will they air the tour online or is it just for TV subscribers?

You should be able to stream it live on any device, so just use your computer. That's how I'm doing it.