The DVD

Guest bluejean

The dvd was released ages after simply because there was a second leg. In the interview is clear that she didn't work on it at all (but she did the audio commentary for behind the scenes special for sure).

That seems a bit contradictory. I'm not sure what she means by no involvement then.

Anyway, it is a massive arena isn't it?

According to Wiki, it can go up to 20,000 capacity for concerts.

For Confessions and Reinvention she played two dates there at roughly 15,000 per night. I imagine there'll have been similar numbers out for sale for MDNA Tour.

Guest bluejean

Miami is an interesting choice, I don't mind at all. I'm amazed they didn't opt for New York actually.

As much as I like the big stadium stage it definitely sounds like an arena will have a better atmosphere. Sticky on the other hand was made for stadiums.

Anyway, it is a massive arena isn't it?

According to Wiki, it can go up to 20,000 capacity for concerts.

For Confessions and Reinvention she played two dates there at roughly 15,000 per night. I imagine there'll have been similar numbers out for sale for MDNA Tour.

Paris was only shoot for camera testing (and only some songs). Since she did the "nipple" thing over there, I believe some of it will be used in a documentary or making or something like that. Paris had only 1 show, we know they usually shoot two.

Ugh... I was really happy about colombia being filmed. I think the stage looks much better with the giant screens next to it, and the amazing structure of the stage for a stadium.. looks more impressive plus both dates are sold out so it would have been a full house for both nights.. so I still hope they may film that one as well, if only for that tv thing they said they were gonna do..

Miami is an interesting choice, I don't mind at all. I'm amazed they didn't opt for New York actually.

As much as I like the big stadium stage it definitely sounds like an arena will have a better atmosphere. Sticky on the other hand was made for stadiums.

Yes, you are right. The SS Tour was a very typical stadium concert. The MDNA Tour seems more like theater, so it may be more fit to arenas. But either way, too bad we won't see the massive stadium stage on the DVD, on the other hand the lighting will be shining in this one. The film will certainly capture the dramatic sequences better. I hope the crowd doesn't sucks.

I went to RIT and CT on Miami and the crowds were WILD, hope it transfers on to the DVD. Too bad about Colombia, I guess it would have been too expensive to film it there. Also too bad we won't get the stadium stage but I understand when people say this show would look better on an arena. Hoping for an early 2013 release.

I don't care much where this show is filmed. All I care about is that this show is released in multi angle format. The show looks so amazing from all perspectives and you could easily miss out so many cool things. As much as I understand that being close to the stage or being inside the GT is an amazing experience on an emotional scale, this show needs to be seen from a little afar as well to realize the epic proportions of this show, to see how lightning, stage design and effects work together so perfectly. Even a shit song like revolver turned out amazing with the lightning and the backdrop videos.

i agree every single word...hoped from the beginning to have a multing angle dvd, possibly with the real audio from the concert, and possibly from MSG or milan or florence....

I think this is great news, at least now we now for sure that there will be a dvd and that's the only thing that matters. And it's also great to have a US show recorded again after the DWT. Can't wait and hoping for some killer backstage footage also. God, she will look perfect on this one!!

True. I was watching my fav movie of all time, STEP UP 4; MIAMI HEAT, and i thought to myself "i can move as good as that! why don't i got there since my fav movie is STEP UP 4: MIAMI HEAT!?".

I should have stopped by after i saw Madonna in Detroit last week. I would love to be on the street and then randomly see 100 people jump out of their cars and start doing hip hop dancing.

They wouldn't know what hit them if i got there!

StepUp2.gif

:dead:

So maybe the edited GMAYL fan recording will be a bonus on the DVD. Cool.

That's a good point, hopefully there will be some good bonus material, period.

That's a good point, hopefully there will be some good bonus material, period.

They should literally have behind the scenes footage broken into different scenes covering each of the controversies on each date and each change...they could make such a wonderful DVD and piece it together as her "MDNA"

I hope we get the full show (Miami) edited well

A longer-than-30-minutes documentary (40-45 minutes of rehearsals and dates)

A CD

And extras featuring the guest appearance PSY, the changes on tour, and the controversies, with the addition of the Superbowl performance + videos

I know it's a bit much but I'm still dreaming for a great 3D styled cover too! A blu-ray is a must!

I really want a documentary. This is the perfect tour for it, but I don't think they're doing one :'( If they do it's probably just going to be the choreographers and others talking & hardly any M. I want to hear from her, about the creation/evolution of the show and many other things.

I really want a documentary. This is the perfect tour for it, but I don't think they're doing one :'( If they do it's probably just going to be the choreographers and others talking & hardly any M. I want to hear from her, about the creation/evolution of the show and many other things.

I just hope it's not a documentary along the lines of IGTTYAS cause then we won't have the whole show. She should extend her regular 30-min behind the scenes and do a longer one for this tour and make it a behind the scenes documentary of the tour to along with the CD/DVD

They should literally have behind the scenes footage broken into different scenes covering each of the controversies on each date and each change...they could make such a wonderful DVD and piece it together as her "MDNA"

I hope we get the full show (Miami) edited well

A longer-than-30-minutes documentary (40-45 minutes of rehearsals and dates)

A CD

And extras featuring the guest appearance PSY, the changes on tour, and the controversies, with the addition of the Superbowl performance + videos

I know it's a bit much but I'm still dreaming for a great 3D styled cover too! A blu-ray is a must!

:drool:

there are no words to describe how fucking pissed i'm gonna be if there is NO documentary for this tour. pussy riot, marine le pen, boob, ass, malala, guns, her being SUED and almost arrested in russia for promoting gay rights, obama, EVERYTHING. her most controversial (and NOT in a desperate or cheap way like other artists) tour to date!

We are so fucking demanding as fans! It's just that it's too good and yes, I agree, I want to hear her interviewed about the concept of the tour and how it evolved. This era is very celebratory (with her 30 years and the whole Superbowl and MDNA having all these different elements from her past, her referencing Erotica/Sex era at her age and the tour juste being so awesome) that they could really make the DVD worthwhile considering they DIDN'T push the album and everything else that let us down in that department. Guy said this era was for the true fans. I hope they make the DVD a killer compilation of the whole era! It can be done and it's not difficult when you have so much to cover. The last thing I want is a fucking GMAYL performance of all the lucky assholes in the PIT in Miami...sorry but if that's the extra included with a 30 minute behind the scenes, it will be a bit of a let down.