The DVD

Guest bluejean

The lighting for this tour is excellent and shows up beautifully in all the arena footage i've seen but very hit and miss outdoors. It relies on the ambient settings being just right with the fog/smoke machines etc. The slightest bit of wind and the whole thing is thrown out of whack with some of the lighting effects not even showing up. For this reason they should have gone with the controlled environment of an arena despite how good a packed stadium audience looks

22 years. And i'm from Barranquilla, Colombia. This is the first time that Madonna is performing here.

So glad about your first with Madonna :laugh:

She does a show like no others

Regarding other posts mentioning U2's 360 tour, well basically they found a gimmick with that claw to have more available space to sell, I saw it and it was not as good a show as others they have done, plus in the end I think they probably earned barely half of that $700m figure, once you take out production costs. There was an article in the WSJ saying how the tour was not expected to break even until the conclusion of the second leg.

Let's face it they already filmed many dates! I think they should put the DVD out in mid December (or a live TV presentation with the DVD to shortly follow in January) with Gang Bang as the video and single w/ remixes. Why wait. Strike while it's hot!!!!!!

Why wait. Strike while it's hot!!!!!!

This is exactly what Coldplay is doing and I think it's great. However, I don't think it's going to be the case with MDNA.

Guest bluejean

There's no way that'll happen. Going by past history the earliest we'd get a DVD would be March or April but it could even be June/July.

Hopefully we're get a full show broadcast on TV next month? So we won't have to wait forever before we see the show like we did with Sticky and Sweet.

Let's face it they already filmed many dates! I think they should put the DVD out in mid December (or a live TV presentation with the DVD to shortly follow in January) with Gang Bang as the video and single w/ remixes. Why wait. Strike while it's hot!!!!!!

Yeah, but if you look at past Madonna concerts (at least in the last few years), she has a lot of post-production done to the film. Subtle effects and screen overlays. I don't see that changing anytime soon. To her credit, she seems to want to make the show even more cinematic on DVD than it is in real life. I know there are mixed opinions on that in here.

I really don't think we will get the DVD before April 2013.

Guest bluejean

Yeah, but if you look at past Madonna concerts (at least in the last few years), she has a lot of post-production done to the film. Subtle effects and screen overlays. I don't see that changing anytime soon. To her credit, she seems to want to make the show even more cinematic on DVD than it is in real life. I know there are mixed opinions on that in here.

Very true. However aren't they broadcasting a show next month? Like a live broadcast or something?

Hopefully we get something more like Girlie Show/Drowned World without all the effects for the broadcast. Then they can do something more fancy/polished for the DVD release.

That's not an excuse anyway because Coldplay, for instance, recorded the Stade de France show in September and just two months afterwards the whole thing has been postproduced and instagramed to death, was premiered in 3D cinemas worldwide, airs tomorrow on TV and gets released on CD/DVD/BD next week.

I'm sure if Madonna wants to she can pull it off.

We are happy to announce that Madonna's MDNA Tour DVD will be filmed in Miami on November 19th & 20th!

If you are to attend one of Miami shows, get ready "to dance & sing, to get up and do your thing" as you could make it in the final cut. . .

Fan club members: We are to launch the devoted Golden Triangle contest very soon. This time, we will pick winners out of the most amazing/fun looks, so go ahead and surprise us!

from Madonnas offical facebook