The DVD

Guest bluejean

Who knows though. Surely Paris must have been filmed for some purpose?

They were testing camera angles ;)

Where is this sheet from please???

That's the official newspaper from Medellín's Mayor. As i said before, the Mayor is a very popular authority in this country (ranked as one of the most popular in the whole country). There were rumors that he paid almost 2 million USD for having the DVD recording in Medellín.

That's the official newspaper from Medellín's Mayor. As i said before, the Mayor is a very popular authority in this country (ranked as one of the most popular in the whole country). There were rumors that he paid almost 2 million USD for having the DVD recording in Medellín.

:rotfl: I love Moneydonna!

$$$$$$$

I just hope that with this dvd we're getting more close-ups than we did with S&S

I don't expect to get the magnificence of a CT dvd in terms of capturing her face but def more of them

I guess 2008 was a pivotal transitional year for many reasons. Her face looks damn fine now

I just hope that with this dvd we're getting more close-ups than we did with S&S

I don't expect to get the magnificence of a CT dvd in terms of capturing her face but def more of them

I guess 2008 was a pivotal transitional year for many reasons. Her face looks damn fine now

They should go for something in between S&S and CT. S&S captured the feeling of a live concert but had no close ups (:chuckle:) while CT feels too retouched and movie-like.

Okay. I have more info. A friend of mine who's working in Medellín's Mayor told me that 2 weeks ago the director of the DVD and his crew were at the stadium doing some technical planes. He can't remember the name of this dude (My friend is not even a Madonna fan jajaja). Also he said that Madonna is planning a big surprise for Medellín show :wow:

They should go for something in between S&S and CT. S&S captured the feeling of a live concert but had no close ups ( :chuckle:) while CT feels too retouched and movie-like.

Yes I agree totally! A mixture of good close-ups and camera work taking in the overall movement going on. The great thing about the CT dvd was the abundance of amazing close-ups but yes too many effects in general gluing one scene to the next, adding unnecessary stuff. S&S was indeed great for capturing the show as a whole and the athleticism of it

Okay. I have more info. A friend of mine who's working in Medellín's Mayor told me that 2 weeks ago the director of the DVD and his crew were at the stadium doing some technical planes. He can't remember the name of this dude (My friend is not even a Madonna fan jajaja). Also he said that Madonna is planning a big surprise for Medellín show :wow:

Thank you Jairo for the amazing news! I want a perfect Blu Ray that does justice to one of the two most fantastic productions Madonna has been involved in, live performance wise.

Thank you Jairo for the amazing news! I want a perfect Blu Ray that does justice to one of the two most fantastic productions Madonna has been involved in, live performance wise.

I'm beyond excited. First time i'm seeing a Madonna show in my life and will be recorded for her new DVD. I'm like walking on clouds :wow:

Guest bluejean

I'm sure the DVD will be amazing. Please, no fake live vocals. Olympia is raw as fuck yet I just prefer it that way. It's real.

IF they insist on fake live vocals it needs to be done properly. Redo everything in the studio but please, no pitch correction. It just ruins it. Don't Cry For Me Argentina on Sticky for eg with all the pitch correction is just so annoying.

Even though I'm really happy we'll get a DVD of the full show, I wish they would have filmed the show earlier. M seemed to have lost a bit of energy now.

Don't understand me wrong, she still dances great (especially in Celebration), but her moves were more distinct and stronger during the European leg and the first American shows. If you compare videos of, for example, Paris with the current shows, it's quite obvious (especially in the first segment and EY).

my opinion is that MDNA deserve something like CT DVD more...than S&S

the show is to cinematic or theatrical to be recorded flat like S&S was...there should be some deeper reflections and more movie like recording...

it would be great that MDNA tour DVD is imax and have promotion in theaters :D why not? i would like to see it on big screen! and i m not sure was a pop concert distributet ever in cinemas?

I'm beyond excited. First time i'm seeing a Madonna show in my life and will be recorded for her new DVD. I'm like walking on clouds :wow:

WHAT?????

How old are you?

Guest bluejean

my opinion is that MDNA deserve something like CT DVD more...than S&S

the show is to cinematic or theatrical to be recorded flat like S&S was...there should be some deeper reflections and more movie like recording...

it would be great that MDNA tour DVD is imax and have promotion in theaters :D why not? i would like to see it on big screen! and i m not sure was a pop concert distributet ever in cinemas?

Many have. U2, Jonas Brothers, Kylie Minogue, Prince (in the 80's)

I would love to see MDNA in a cinema.

We all would....but how well have the IMAX and pop concerts (in theaters) done boxoffice wise? Wasn't the U2 360 IMAX a major flop despite its massive success as an actual tour? People are not interested to pay IMAX, or even standard cinema prices for something they can watch at home.....OR seen live when the show was on the road.

We all would....but how well have the IMAX and pop concerts (in theaters) done boxoffice wise? Wasn't the U2 360 IMAX a major flop despite its massive success as an actual tour? People are not interested to pay IMAX, or even standard cinema prices for something they can watch at home.....OR seen live when the show was on the road.

True! I mean Glee, Kylie, JLS ect in the UK were 1 night only events. Kylie was £15! and sold out. I dont think they were full releases like U2.

pardon.....i must ask now...do you think 360 tour is better than mdna tour? or should i ask which show is more theatrical? and do you think U2 fans are better than M fans?

one night in each city would be sold and very good untraditional promotion for dvd...they could sell it also and tour books to...

$200+ vs $17

With Madonna on board, I'd take the $17 dollar ticket.

With how intricate and elaborate the show is, I'm there would be alot of talk annd promo about all the technical stuff. It's a show everyone must see. I'm sure M's people are aware if how IMAX fares at the box office, but it's an opportunity that can't go to waste cause its a chance for the show to reach a more wider audience. Films get more exposure and promo than a music record.

pardon.....i must ask now...do you think 360 tour is better than mdna tour? or should i ask which show is more theatrical? and do you think U2 fans are better than M fans?

one night in each city would be sold and very good untraditional promotion for dvd...they could sell it also and tour books to...

Who are you asking babe? I havent even seen the U2 tour. x