The DVD

Guest bluejean

She's the only female I know of that has done concert recordings before. (No Doubt, Gwen)

Really? I only know her music videos, which are amazing. I've thought since march that she would be a great fit for a slower video from this album, Love Spent, Masterpiece or Falling Free

the people in the pit and in the front section will make for a good audience, it's the empty seats and people leaving early at the top and sides that they will have to work their way around- probably not a huge deal... I think we all agree the 2nd show looked much better, and this sort of forces them to use mostly 2nd show footage so that's good...

Really? I only know her music videos, which are amazing. I've thought since march that she would be a great fit for a slower video from this album, Love Spent, Masterpiece or Falling Free

Sophie Muller would be amazing. As long as its on FILM digital or not....The Monster Ball DVD looks like a cheap hooker.

Guest bluejean

Yes well that was the show itself probably :lol:/>

I just want something that looks and sounds less like a music video and more like a real live concert. The Paris Olympia show was good, hopefully it's like that. Actual real live vocals, less effects and just the show which stands up on It's own minus editing gimmicks.

I just want something that looks and sounds less like a music video and more like a real live concert. The Paris Olympia show was good, hopefully it's like that. Actual real live vocals, less effects and just the show which stands up on It's own minus editing gimmicks.

that :thumbsup:

I haven't seen Madonna live, but I enjoy the s&s DVD more than Confessions because of the crowd. I get goosebumps of those big crowd shots during Miles Away, LAP, GI2M. Also, why doesn't the DC4MA performance get a mention here? It's the BEST.

I think in actual real life I would have preferred to see confessions, but the English crowd is just so bland for the recording.

A good crowd makes a good concert DVD. The crowd and performer FEED off each others energy.

Isn't miami full of retirees and God botherers? Why film the concert THERE? The mind boggles.

Guest bluejean

We need to tweet to Guy. I do think he really listens to fans where he can. Fake live vocals is just not wanted. And even pitch correction ruins it. I'd rather have flat vocals than fake. I love her live voice. I mean listen to Love Spent live. Classic Madonna voice right there.

For eg DCFMA live irks me because it just sounds so tweaked.

Definitely, but I think it's unlikely we'll get that. The fake, over-processed look that destroys the live atmosphere seems to be the in thing these days. I would like something like the Girlie Show DVD - live undubbed vocals, great sound, no effects, no filmizing, shots longer than 2 seconds etc. I wonder why Madonna didn't like how that show was filmed.

I wouldn't mind if they just recorded her performing to an empty arena.

Agreed.

i hope the DVD is very fake , perfect , with phantom madonnas , and phantom backdrops just like the CT dvd

I want an epic blu-ray experience that triggers any LSD remaining in my system. EM DEE EN AAYYYYY

Guest bluejean

Definitely, but I think it's unlikely we'll get that. The fake, over-processed look that destroys the live atmosphere seems to be the in thing these days. I would like something like the Girlie Show DVD - live undubbed vocals, great sound, no effects, no filmizing, shots longer than 2 seconds etc. I wonder why Madonna didn't like how that show was filmed.

Well I don't think it's about that, I think it's just how technology has evolved and you said, it's the done thing. The main thing is that I'd prefer real live vocals. It IS a different director so I'm hopeful.

LOL agree..why do people make it seem that audience don't matter? I dont necesarily need to see people's face, but the roar of a crazy massive stadium jumping looks amazing

Agree!

Live performance is an exchange of energy between the performer and the audience. Who can deny the artist gives a better performance with a fanatical audience.

Guest bluejean

I know. Seriously?

Confessions DVD is okay but sometimes I wish I had a bootleg so I could enjoy the show as it actually happened.

Guest bluejean

Of course the audience makes a different, but there's no point crying over spilt milk. And I am sure the triangle bitches will do a great job.

i think the dvd will buy all those people that have seen the show live...so live experience is not something important...it will be more CT than S&S couse recording in arena is all about that...and clombia wasn t recorded just because the rain..isn t it?

it would be nice if they record Rio for TV broadcast and then you ll have great live crowd - but for DVD/BR there should be some cinematic and less concert style recording couse it is just to much production and visuals and everything that could be very nice used....i want all kind of those special effects. and that dvd should get some prices around.

it would be nice if they record Rio for TV broadcast and then you ll have great live crowd

I'm afraid they scrapped this broadcast... its been months since we last heard about it... i guess it won't happen afterall. oh well. :(

So I was watching youtube videos from several shows (GIRL GONE WILD performace only), which I'm obsessed with.

Anyway... Has anybody noticed how she dances and moves much better with the previous pants than the vynil ones during the first segment?

for example this show:

against this one:

I HOPE this doesn't happen in the official DVD.

is it possible that DVD making has the most unexpected deadline that we could imagine??? and that we are going to get it earlier than we think???

like in february just before second leg in australia and japan? :D oooooo madonna pleaseeeee do that.....please please please we dont wont MDNA to stop now!

So I was watching youtube videos from several shows (GIRL GONE WILD performace only), which I'm obsessed with.

Anyway... Has anybody noticed how she dances and moves much better with the previous pants than the vynil ones during the first segment?

for example this show:

against this one:

I HOPE this doesn't happen in the official DVD.

Yes she def. moves more fluidly in the jeans! You're so right, I just noticed watching the mexico footage of it! Idk, I hope we get the first version of this! This is all getting way to messy!

Guest KingOfLies

Yes she def. moves more fluidly in the jeans! You're so right, I just noticed watching the mexico footage of it! Idk, I hope we get the first version of this! This is all getting way to messy!

I really think we shouldnt think about it, they will make it look good, im sure of that