The DVD

Guest bluejean

I wish they were doing more than one DVD, but that's probably totally out of the question. I think a more music video type DVD for an arena with some cool effects (a la CT but grander) and maybe a more traditional concert type DVD (a la SST) for a stadium would be cool especially in Latin America.

Guest sambassile

Best news ever. I hope they post produce the DVD to death. I want a Confessions Tour type of show with all the added special effects and face close ups.

Edited by sambassile

That's not an excuse anyway because Coldplay, for instance, recorded the Stade de France show in September and just two months afterwards the whole thing has been postproduced and instagramed to death, was premiered in 3D cinemas worldwide, airs tomorrow on TV and gets released on CD/DVD/BD next week.

I'm sure if Madonna wants to she can pull it off.

Well, she could but judging from the past DVD's, I am guessing she won't. Besides, Coldplay are not control freaks like M. I am sure they just let their management make all the calls. Madonna is a taskmaster when it comes to her image. She will take the time to go over the post-production herself with the director. Also, Madonna has ZERO time while she's on the road with her kids. She won't be going into a video editing suite anytime soon.

Well, she could but judging from the past DVD's, I am guessing she won't. Besides, Coldplay are not control freaks like M. I am sure they just let their management make all the calls. Madonna is a taskmaster when it comes to her image. She will take the time to go over the post-production herself with the director. Also, Madonna has ZERO time while she's on the road with her kids. She won't be going into a video editing suite anytime soon.

Madonna didn't have any creative input in the S&S DVD because she was busy with W.E. and that took forever to be released...it has nothing to do with her being a control freak or not.

Her management simply sucks!

An artist of her magnitude doesn't have all her concerts and music videos in Blu-Ray, doesn't have some 80's albums remastered. Her career just turned 30 and there's nothing happening, etc...

Actually, Celebration DVD shows us that those videos look just like they came out of a very good VHS...which was embarassing!

Lots of South Americans are going into meltdown on Facebook. You'd think Madonna had cancelled the SA leg....!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the two stages? Is it just the huge screens?

Lots of South Americans are going into meltdown on Facebook. You'd think Madonna had cancelled the SA leg....!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the two stages? Is it just the huge screens?

The stadium stage has the big roof of iconica.

Color me surprised that she's filming in Miami - in an arena no less (she could have done Dolphins Stadium!) but whateva.

The South Americans having a meltdown need to suck a cock. They got a beautiful DVD from Argentina last time around. There are countries (COUGH :lol: ) that didn't even get visited this time. Suck it up peeps. At least she's not filming somewhere shit like LA or god forbid in the UK again.

Anyway, we all know Madonna loves MIAMI, FLORIDA :queenbitch:

This is my hometown...I spent so much on my Denver floor seats in case I didn't win GT, so it was my one and only MDNA splurge. Thank God I won GT, front and freaking center, so I have that incredible experience forever....now I hear the DVD is being filmed here...FUCK....now I have to break my promise and already broken bank account and score seats to at least one of the two shows. GT is gonna be impossible this time around I imagine.....

True. I was watching my fav movie of all time, STEP UP 4; MIAMI HEAT, and i thought to myself "i can move as good as that! why don't i got there since my fav movie is STEP UP 4: MIAMI HEAT!?".

I should have stopped by after i saw Madonna in Detroit last week. I would love to be on the street and then randomly see 100 people jump out of their cars and start doing hip hop dancing.

They wouldn't know what hit them if i got there!

StepUp2.gif

Madonna didn't have any creative input in the S&S DVD because she was busy with W.E. and that took forever to be released...it has nothing to do with her being a control freak or not.

Her management simply sucks!

W.E. had no bearing on the S&S DVD. She was still working on the script in early 2009...the movie wasn't even cast yet.

Madonna.com posted (on May 19, 2009) 10 of the performances from the DVD that were available as streaming video for owners of AT&T's Blackberry Bold phone. So obviously the post-production was done before the second leg of S&S even began.

W.E. had no bearing on the S&S DVD. She was still working on the script in early 2009...the movie wasn't even cast yet.

Madonna.com posted (on May 19, 2009) 10 of the performances from the DVD that were available as streaming video for owners of AT&T's Blackberry Bold phone. So obviously the post-production was done before the second leg of S&S even began.

Interview Magazine 2010

I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career because this movie has just consumed every inch of me. Between that and my four children, I don't have the time or the energy for anything else. For example, I do appreciate that lots of people worked long and hard putting together things like the DVD of the Sticky & Sweet tour that we just released, and I have seen the finished product, but I have got no idea how people are going to find out about it or how it's going to be sold.

VAN SANT: They'll find it. [laughs]

MADONNA: Hopefully. I think I have a fan club- well, that's what they say.

Interview Magazine 2010

I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career because this movie has just consumed every inch of me. Between that and my four children, I don't have the time or the energy for anything else. For example, I do appreciate that lots of people worked long and hard putting together things like the DVD of the Sticky & Sweet tour that we just released, and I have seen the finished product, but I have got no idea how people are going to find out about it or how it's going to be sold.

VAN SANT: They'll find it. [laughs]

MADONNA: Hopefully. I think I have a fan club- well, that's what they say.

Even when she outsources the deal, it still comes out 6 months after the tour. And honestly, I think she is talking about distribution here.