The DVD

Guest bluejean

Well i don't think it's a matter of repeating herself, it's just a matter of opportunity. They are filming the Rio concert for television so for a financial point of view it makes sense they use it for the DVD rather than having multiple concerts filmed just for one thing or another.

Who said it was being filmed for television in Rio?

Who said it was being filmed for television in Rio?

It is confirmed to be broadcasted by SkyLive.

"Following a new partnership between Sky Brazil and Time For Fun, the largest live entertainment company in Latin America, fans will have the opportunity to watch Madonna's shows LIVE from Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre later this year!

We still don't know anything about online streaming, but stay tuned!"

http://www.sky.com.br/institucional/empresa/PDFs/pressrelease-55.pdf

http://www.estilomadonna.com.br/noticias/sky-live-preve-exibicao-do-show-da-madonna-no-brasil/

LA :lol: Has ANYONE ever released a concert filmed in LA?

I can't think of 1 :lol:

It's a shame they missed the opportunity to film Yankee Stadium. The crowd was a bit touch and go on 9/6 (and towards the end, I could tell she was really wiped out), but on 9/8, everything came together and was perfect despite the drizzling. She was so focused and completely enthralled by everything on 9/8, it was a wonder to see <3

Guest bluejean

I can't think of 1 :lol:

Oh there's this:

Morrissey: my live DVD is appalling

It's a week later, and Morrissey is still a gloomy gus. Just days after his sour comments on touring, Decca US and an upcoming Smiths compilation, Moz has released another statement - this one attacking a new Morrissey live DVD. Not only does he dislike the thing - he doesn't even want fans to buy it.

"The slapdash release of Morrissey: Live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever," he wrote, "and [it] is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager."

Morrissey: Live at the Hollywood Bowl documents the former Smiths frontman in his June 8, 2007 appearance at the Bowl - his first gig there in 15 years. Morrissey performed before more than 17,000 people, singing classics including How Soon Is Now, Girlfriend in a Coma and The Queen is Dead.

Not only is the DVD being released without his permission, Morrissey is also claiming it's ugly-looking. "Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling," :lol: he writes. "It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY."

Moz's fans reacted with typical, er, ambivalence. On the Morrissey Solo message-board, a user called nugz immediately responded, "I'm not torn. I'm buying it anyway." Another poster summed up our own thinking on the subject. "He says this about EVERYTHING," :lol: wrote Currer Bell.

Anyone wanting to really stick it to Morrissey can pick up the DVD when it's released on October 6.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing will compare to the Brazil audience... except for Medellin or Mexico.

I would love Medellin to get the chance (first time she's ever performed there, AND a great backdrop to the violence/peace theme that runs through this show), although I'd be worried we'd have another "Lisbon" in our hands and then never see the DVD release.

Ugh, I can't wait for Latin America to lose their shit with this massive concert. We are grateful people.

Ugh, I can't wait for Latin America to lose their shit with this massive concert. We are grateful people.

Don't worry! We are gonna do the job! :lol:

Today by Medellin local newspaper

The concert of the queen of pop, Madonna will be an international showcase for Medellin. a millionaire contract with the promoters for the first concert of the star in this city, Nov. 28, is her next album, which is marketed worldwide.

The contract was worth about 3,000 million pesos, to be paid by the Mayor of Medellin, but whose return will be significantly greater than this amount.

First, because a percentage of the sales of the album will go to cover those 3,000 million pesos, and thereafter, the city will receive the additional 10 percent of total sales. What is not measurable is the promotion that will Medellín with Madonna as ambassador.

http://www.elcolombiano.com/BancoConocimiento/D/de_buena_fuente_-_14102012/de_buena_fuente_-_14102012.asp

Guest bluejean

It was already confirmed that Sau Paulo is being filmed so I imagine that will be the DVD as well. I can't see why they would use a different show for the CD. All seems abit weird.

Honestly I don't care what show they film anymore. I just can't wait to see/hear it. It's going to be her best concert DVD ever.

El Colombiano it's a reliable source (3rd most important newspaper in Colombia) Luis Fernando Ospina is one of the most respected journalist that we have in our country. I can tell you this info is accurate. Medellín's Mayor has right now a positive popularity in Colombia and now he's trying to show Medellín as a great city and promote decentralization of concerts.

The installation of the Christmas lights in Medellin, the most famous of the country, were set 2 weeks before the original date to be inaugurated during the show (Novemebr 28 & 29)

3.000.000.000 pesos it's like 1.7 million USD