Philadelphia Aug. 28th USA!!!

IslandBreeze

Just got back home. No videos or pictures until I sort through my camera.

I was in the pit, and it's a wonder that my head is still intact. I got a smile and a point from the almighty herself. The universe was torn a new hole right then and there.

There isn't a down moment ANYWHERE in this tour. It's nipping on the heels of DWT and CT right now. I'll see how it plays after Boston and New York next week.

Edit:

Oh, and for the record, MTribe sucks ass. I've been a much happier fan since I left their forums.

:asian: The Queen has anointed thee. This and all the fan reviews have me amped for the L.A. shows. Based on the video she had the audience by the balls. LOVE it!

There isn't a down moment ANYWHERE in this tour. It's nipping on the heels of DWT and CT right now. I'll see how it plays after Boston and New York next week.

Totally agree - there's not one part in this show that's a yawn for me - and I know everyone's got their own opinion of each tour, but as a fan from 1986, I personally think this concert is her best since Girlie Show. It's beautiful.

Stopped reading there.

HI everyone, Just wondering, what is the problem with Madonntribe forums? I have never seen their forum as not registered but have noticed stacks of you have said they have had horrible experiences there. Their website information is always great but obviously their forum is a different story altogether. I am just interested. Are they actually Madonna haters like the people at The Other Shore.? I used to look at their forums but can't even bear to read them at all anymore. Madonnalicious forum is fantastic and Madonnanation forum is too. I am from Australia so love hearing views from Madonna fans all over the world.

http://www.nj.com/en...pectacular.html

:megamanson:

Madonna 'MDNA' tour spectacular but very silly

So you've got between 50 and 380(!) bucks burning a hole in your spandex tracksuit. You love pop spectacle. Should you splurge on a ticket to one of the Madonna concerts coming to the area?

I was at the kickoff of the American leg of the Madonna's MDNA Tour at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Tuesday night. I'll have a review of the show in the newspaper on Thursday, but for now, I can give you a sense of what you're likely to get in the Bronx next week, and you can decide whether Madonna brand entertainment is right for you.

Go if you like Madonna's recent material. The show was heavy on upbeat dance songs from the last few technophilic sets. This was no "True Blue" pop singalong; Madonna isn't too interested in that stuff anymore. She closed the show with "Like a Prayer" and made room for "Vogue," but most of the other world-famous hits from the '80s and '90s were either cut short ("Papa Don't Preach," which barely got a verse), folded into other songs ("Erotica") or radically reinterpreted ("Like a Virgin," which we'll talk about in a bit.) "Express Yourself" was used to take a cheap, mean-spirited, and wholly unnecessary shot at Lady Gaga: everybody already knows "Born This Way" is a rip-off, so why rub it in?

Go if you don't mind church-bashing. Madonna hauled the crucifixes and ecclesiastical robes out of mothballs for the MDNA Tour. An imposing cathedral was constructed on the video screens, and midway through the show, Madonna smashed it with her fist. You would think that she'd have gotten iconoclasm out of her system by now, but her condition seems to be getting worse. The show opened with a giant censer swinging over the stage, a chorus of monks chanting, and Madonna doing an act of contrition in (where else?) a confession booth. Then the booth shatters, and she threatens the poor monks with a gun.

A gun? Yup. This concert is rife with gratuitous representations of violence, which is a funny turn from a singer well known for gratuitous representations of sex. During the first third of the concert, Madonna stays heavily strapped. "Gang Bang," a terrible song from the "MDNA" album, was matched with a set piece in which Madonna "fired" at her dancers as fake blood splattered all over the video screens. So central is the gun to the show that Madonna felt the need to send out a press release yesterday explaining that the weapons are metaphors. Well, you'd certainly hope they are, right? Bringing the gu-, er, metaphor to church seems to have something to do with solidarity with Pussy Riot, who Madonna insisted that the Russian government set free. The crowd sounded unconvinced. No word from Vladimir Putin yet. I don't think he was at the show.

Go if you've got some time. This is a two-hour concert, which is probably thirty minutes longer than it should've been given the monochromatic quality of the Eurodisco the star chose to air. Some of the concert was just marking time: elaborate routines executed by dancers while Madonna changed her outfit. But some of the set pieces dragged. The worst of them was a drugged-out piano and voice rendition of "Like a Virgin" played at half time and oversold by the star, who was fitted with a tight corset as she sang (she'd executed a strip-tease before she began.) This was probably meant to be an exercise in "Cabaret"-style decadence, but in practice, it felt like an unsuccessful leap at the "Fifty Shades of Grey" bandwagon and a waste of a reliable house-rocker. Madonna started the concert quite late. Doors opened at 8, and she didn't take the stage until 10:30. She later apologized for this, telling the sold-out house that she wanted to make sure she had everything perfect. "You deserve perfection," she told the crowd. "I deserve perfection," she added, seized with a fit of honesty.

Once the Pope-baiting segment of the show was done, Madonna rolled out a few elaborate sets, including one with glowing platforms that became a gigantic deejay booth for the star, and another that featured a levitating drumline. The floor routines were impressive, even if they did look more painful than what you'd typically get at a pop show: during one segment, the dancers twisted each others' heads and arms to the sound of breaking bones. Like the rifle assaults and the crucifix smashing, there was something artful, and maybe even thoughtful, about it. But it was mostly vacuous provocation.

It's hard to write a set list for a show like this one. I'm going to leave off the songs that were pumped in over the P.A. while Madonna changed. Those were part of the show, I guess, in the same way that the clock doesn't stop in a soccer game when a yellow card is handed out, or when a player is down with an injury. Here's what I've got, and this is subject to revision.

But is it really a review, the boy has absolutely no insight in how 2 interpret a narrative or a theatrical thread.

& 4 fuck's sake, who the fuck uses the word "eurodisco", I mean really...that's from back in the day when my parents

would go out dancing on a sunday afternoon. Fuck off. anyone can b a writer these days.

Like, don't spit on my craft </Jennifer Lopez> :fag:

Madonna stays heavily strapped. "Gang Bang," a terrible song from the "MDNA" album,

I can't take this review or reviewer seriously after this and the rest of the poo poo he spewed.

HI everyone, Just wondering, what is the problem with Madonntribe forums? I have never seen their forum as not registered but have noticed stacks of you have said they have had horrible experiences there. Their website information is always great but obviously their forum is a different story altogether. I am just interested. Are they actually Madonna haters like the people at The Other Shore.? I used to look at their forums but can't even bear to read them at all anymore. Madonnalicious forum is fantastic and Madonnanation forum is too. I am from Australia so love hearing views from Madonna fans all over the world.

If you disagree with one thing they say they throw you out of the forum...it happened to me... they think they rule the universe..pretty sad

I got thrown out too....without a word as to why. I barely made 20 posts in the 7 years I was frequenting the forum. It was possibly over a post I made that linked to a Drownedmadonna blog....so immature. Fucking glad though because I would have never found my real M family :inlove:

Thanks Teacher326 and San for your replies.. Sounds awful. Glad you are both happier here. Also, that review of the concert was dreadful. You could tell the reviewer was bitter and did not like Madonna. Kept having stupid pot shots at her throughout the whole review. Truth to be known, probably enjoyed the concert but could not bring himself to admit it. Everyone knows that the MDNA tour has a lot of songs from MDNA so why do they pretend to be surprised ?

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/backstage-pass-1.811987/madonna-s-transformative-mdna-tour-at-wells-fargo-center-1.3934390

Madonna's transformative 'MDNA' tour at Wells Fargo Center

22 m ago By Glenn Gamboa

image.JPG

Photo credit: Getty Images

PHILADELPHIA – Madonna's latest reinvention may be her most revealing yet.

No, it's not because of her mid-show striptease during “Human Nature,” where she stands for a bit in her bra and panties to show off the words “NO FEAR” on her back. It's because her wild, nearly two-hour “MDNA” tour, which she rehearsed at Nassau Coliseum for most of May, may come closest to reflecting her current state of mind, while building yet another artistic, well-choreographed slacklining spectacle. (The tour arrives at Yankees Stadium on Sept. 6 and 8.)

Not surprisingly, considering her recent divorce from director Guy Ritchie, it starts with a murderous rage. There's so much (fake) blood spilled during “Gang Bang,” which pits Madonna against a full gun-wielding assault team, that it's like a season of “Dexter” condensed into five minutes, complete with blood splatters on the massive video screens.

However, Madonna describes the show as “the journey of a soul from darkness to light” and the brutal imagery of the first section quickly gives way to determination and joy, starting with “Express Yourself,” which she mashes into Lady Gaga's “Born This Way,” seemingly lovingly enough before punctuating it with “She's Not Me.” While the joyous section, which includes the aggressively peppy “Give Me All Your Luvin'” and “Turn Up the Radio” done as cheerleaders and includes drummers hanging two stories above the stage, could have been longer, it includes one of the night's most memorable moments. The reworking of “Open Your Heart” with the Basque trio Kalakan as a sort of traditional European folk song, built only on drums and vocal harmonies, was pure joy, topped with Madonna dancing across the stage with 11-year-old son, Rocco, who looked extraordinarily comfortable in the spotlight.

Another standout moment is also a quiet one, where Madonna transforms her bubbly synth-pop classic “Like a Virgin” into a waltz worthy of Marlene Dietrich, delivered haltingly and dramatically. At one point, Madonna even lies on the stage face down, the mic on the ground next to her mouth, she's so exhausted from the desperation for feeling a “heartbeat next to mine.”

However, the biggest surprise in a night of twists and turns was actually an unscripted one. After keeping the crowd waiting more than an hour after her expected start time and enduring some boos before she took the stage, Madonna apologized. “Forgive me,” she said. “I wanted the show to be perfect for you because my fans deserve it and quite frankly I deserve it.”

She went on to declare her love of America, fueled, in part, by her recent European tour, where she stood up against censorship and homophobia. “In my country,” she shouted, “we have freedom of speech, freedom of expression... Never forget how lucky you are to live where you live.”

For a woman known for being a demanding perfectionist, the end of her show was actually about being grateful and accepting of yourself – including “I'm Addicted” and “I'm a Sinner” – so that you can, once again, enjoy (and express) yourself.

SETLIST: Opening Prayer/Girl Gone Wild/Revolver/Gang Bang/Papa Don’t Preach/Hung Up/I Don’t Give A/Best Friend>Heartbeat/Express Yourself>Born This Way>She's Not Me/Give Me All Your Luvin’/Turn Up the Radio/Open Your Heart/Sagara Jo/Masterpiece/Justify My Love/Vogue/Candy Shop>Erotica/Human Nature/Like A Virgin/Nobody Knows Me/I’m Addicted/I’m A Sinner/Like A Prayer/Celebration

Went to the show last night and had an amazing time. It was just magnificent.I couldn't have asked for a better show. I was very fortunate that my tickets were upgraded to the golden triangle which just made the experience even more incredible. Before entering the arena my friend and I were chatting with some people and found out that they had tickets for the 117 section which was kinda behind the stage. I told them I would see what I could do to give them my tickets so they could be on the floor. I talked to a couple of different people and some said they could use mine while others said they couldn't use them. In the meantime my friend wanted to sit down since we still had about 2 hrs before showtime, She went to where our original seats were and guess what? No seats! They removed them to make room for people to walk around in the back. Needless to say they gave us 2 more upgraded tickets to section 5 which was right in front of the stage. Literally center stage 8 rows back. It was just too perfect. i texted the 2 people I had been chatting with and had them come down to the floor. Everything was fine. No problems with them using my tickets. It turned out perfect...I was in the golden triangle and the other 2 people were front and center on the floor. I was so thrilled for them, especially since this was his first Madonna show. They were very grateful and invited me up to Philly so they could take me out to dinner. I really hope I get the chance to see them again. I was so lucky that i was able to have the opportunity to be in the triangle and it was great that I could, in turn, pay it forward so to speak. Anyway, the show was just fucking insane. The opening is unlike anything I've seen. It's so different seeing it live compared to seeing it on youtube. Every song was perfect. I was one of the ones who wasn't to happy about Human Nature being on the set list again but it totally worked.Anyway, I'm just so lucky that I was able to experience the show like I did. M was right. dreams do come true.

dscf0067j.jpg

dscf0068pm.jpg

dscf0074pe.jpg

Went to the show last night and had an amazing time. It was just magnificent.I couldn't have asked for a better show. I was very fortunate that my tickets were upgraded to the golden triangle which just made the experience even more incredible. Before entering the arena my friend and I were chatting with some people and found out that they had tickets for the 117 section which was kinda behind the stage. I told them I would see what I could do to give them my tickets so they could be on the floor. I talked to a couple of different people and some said they could use mine while others said they couldn't use them. In the meantime my friend wanted to sit down since we still had about 2 hrs before showtime, She went to where our original seats were and guess what? No seats! They removed them to make room for people to walk around in the back. Needless to say they gave us 2 more upgraded tickets to section 5 which was right in front of the stage. Literally center stage 8 rows back. It was just too perfect. i texted the 2 people I had been chatting with and had them come down to the floor. Everything was fine. No problems with them using my tickets. It turned out perfect...I was in the golden triangle and the other 2 people were front and center on the floor. I was so thrilled for them, especially since this was his first Madonna show. They were very grateful and invited me up to Philly so they could take me out to dinner. I really hope I get the chance to see them again. I was so lucky that i was able to have the opportunity to be in the triangle and it was great that I could, in turn, pay it forward so to speak. Anyway, the show was just fucking insane. The opening is unlike anything I've seen. It's so different seeing it live compared to seeing it on youtube. Every song was perfect. I was one of the ones who wasn't to happy about Human Nature being on the set list again but it totally worked.Anyway, I'm just so lucky that I was able to experience the show like I did. M was right. dreams do c

dscf0068pm.jpg

dscf0074pe.jpg

What a great story Scrapple! Thank you for sharing!