I watched Madonna's S&S DVD!

karbatal

actually I love ESTHER RITCHIE LEON RODMAN PENN, & i'm not blaming anything on GUY :lol: but MDolla Luz was all about the physical therapy she so thoroughly needed, saw her booty get down like...

Now return 2 ur Kylie shed & wait 'till I tell u 2 come out & play.

:evil:

I love it. Of course it is no THE GIRLIE SHOW or BA but she was having fun and. Thought the setlist was good. Just watching the screens from Madison Square Garden on YouTube the crowd are insane the only prob I have with the DVD is the vocal sweetening and the lack of the manic crowd noise. Check the NY shows or others to see the fab reaction.

I o my saw the second leg as I wasn't prepared to goto Wembley Stadium and I loved it.

The show didn't look cheap at all but it is her most boring and uninspired tour ever.

Agree.

I thought it was a really boring concert . The costumes were naff and so uncool. I don't mind the set list being HC heavy - though it's not my fav album but I just feel on the whole that it lacked a certain something . the opening was boring and there were moments in the show that forced me to grab my remote and pressed fast forward .

And the sticking her finger in the crotch every 5 minutes - please make it go away .

This

I hate that in this release they used a lot the sudio version over her voice, so when she screams (every time and she does it many times) it sounds so fake. I am not proud to day that this is the only Madonna concert I've seen, but for comments from most of my frieds that have seen the others, this is by far her worst, those big screens, the recycled elements from The Confessions tour, OMG the rock version of HUng Up, 4 minutes is just boring to watch, the uninspired performances of Human Nature, Music, Rain (her comes the rain again) Interlude, etc.

I hate the fact that this is Madonna's biggest tour and the best selling tour for a solo artist. I wish this could have been for TCT.

I don't know why and I don't want to sound pessimist but I guess this tour would make people NOT to be much interested in her next tour.

The "costumes" were one of the worst aspects for me. I'd barely even call them costumes to be honest. They looked like stuff she'd wear in the gym. There wasn't a single memorable set or piece of staging either, and yeah, the opening was astonishingly banal. Her show openings are usually *stunning*.

The "costumes" were one of the worst aspects for me. I'd barely even call them costumes to be honest. They looked like stuff she'd wear in the gym. There wasn't a single memorable set or piece of staging either, and yeah, the opening was astonishingly banal. Her show openings are usually *stunning*.

For some reason the opening looked like a Joan Rivers segment in Fashion Police. Atrocious.

This tour and the Confessions Tour are my two favorite tours. Sticky and Sweet is like Confessions' less artistic, younger brother. The tour and Hard Candy made it seem like she just wanted to have a good time after going through such a problematic time in her life, and I was there to enjoy the ride. No, this tour will never be considered her best, but I wouldn't be able to understand it being considered her worst OR her most boring> It's not for everyone, but it has a sense of undeniable energy to it.

Some changes I would've made to it:

Switch Music and 4 Minutes. Music would've made much more sense in the rave section than 4 Minutes does, plus that football gear part of costume should have never been there. 4 Minutes also could have used a boosted, energetic performance.

Tweak the Beat Goes On/Vogue outfit. The granny panties pimp look just wasn't very great. She should have made it a full leotard and done something else with that little material thing that was over it.

Think of that Frozen performance sooner. Although I am one of the few that liked it, Hung Up didn't work and the Frozen performance was epic.

Human Nature: Drop the guitar and dance! When you watch the DVD, this performance kills the momentum of the first segment. Luckily, Vogue picks it up again, but either way, this one can be painful to watch.

That said though, Sticky and Sweet does contain many spots of greatness.

I felt like Candy Shop was a great entrance, especially when segued to another fun performance of Beat Goes On. Vogue was visually beautiful and ACTUALLY sung live. The Die Another Day video interlude is one of her best this decade, at least in my opinion. Into The Groove is all sorts of fun and it was a great way to reinvent the song. Heartbeat is nothing special but nice. She's Not Me and Music are full of so much energy and are two of my favorite performances of this tour. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You is perhaps the most beautiful performance of this tour. The water/rain backdrop is PERFECT when they have those wideshots. Spanish Lesson breathed new life into the song and Miles Away was just beautiful. La Isla Bonita was just an explosion of colors and was soooo interesting to look at. You Must Love Me and Don't Cry For Me Argentina are cute and not really boring, surprisingly. Get Stupid is a great interlude. For some reason, I actually enjoyed this rendition of Ray of Light MUCH more than the Confessions Tour one. Like A Prayer is godly and her dancing in Give It 2 Me is great and harks back to the beginning years.

I just love this tour.

I have to confess that I've not watched any of her tours all the way through since the Girlie Show and I don't think I watched a load of performances on CT and S&S as the clips I've seen don't inspire me. I suppose partly because technology makes it easy to flip between songs rather than 'fast forward' but also so many performances are lacklustre. Apart from the dreaded 'guitar' performances, I find a lot of the 'street' choreography she uses very boring. Most of the time it's not in time with the music, just a mix of acrobatics and just there for show. Although the CT tour has a strong theme running through it, I only find the last segment and Like A Virgin particularly engaging.

The Virgin Tour is the simplest tour in terms of choreography, clothing and set design yet it still stands up against the recent flashier tours.

For S&S, I would have started with GI2M and scrapped Candy Shop. The way she appeared on the throne was so cheap it was like she was on 'Blankety Blank'.

I would have ended on 4M as it goes on about the end of the world. It would have made sense. As for the guitar, if she wants a rest, just walk round the stage and sing like on The Virgin Tour. Go for a walk and touch a few fans' hands! I don't mind a rock version. Holiday on WTG worked fantastically but once again, put the guitar down!

And enough with gangsta/pimp/ghetto and gypsy/latin/evita sections!

Loved the costumes, Riccardo Tisci I LOVE YOU :inlove:

The show live was AMAZING, if you haven't seen it live...well I'm sorry for you. So much energy and fun, all my non fans friends that went with me are still in shock and they keep asking me "when is her next tour"?

acko- 2008 was a bad year, personally, and attending the S&S Tour- as much as I love Madge- just was not a priority- and I probably would not have enjoyed it as much as I would have in the past. The next tour, I more than likely will attend. :)

"Like a Prayer" on S&S Tour is pretty epic, so it's not like the tour was epic-moment-free- just shorter on them than 1990-on tours. The entrance on the throne is pretty great, too (even though "Candy Shop" isn't). "You Must Love Me" was a nice touch (as was DCFMA in Buenos Aires).

I would have preferred they kept in her raw vocals for "Borderline," as hot-mess as they may have been.

Observation: With all the samples, S&S Tour had more radical reinventions overall than re-Invention Tour.

Guest FrozenEyes

I think that S&S just lacked iconic moments, especially in comparison to Confession except for the Like A Prayer performance or maybe even She's Not Me.

I kind of get the energy and fun people describe, but to me this tour seems like little thought went into it. She just kinda woke up one day, said she wanted to tour, and impulsively hit the road. With her other concerts I felt the details were meticulously planned. I think it's just a different direction she went in terms of concept. And just like Hard Candy, it really wasn't my thing.

I love the SS tour even though i dont love HC that much! Its simply because she was having so much fun and i prefer more energetic shows like SS than art concerts like DWT. But thats just me. I love Madonna jumping like crazy on stage!

SS had the the Like a Prayer remix, which pwns everything.

People would complain if she did the dramatic theatre thing every time ("She never does anything fun!" Hello, DWT!). She seemed to let her hair down. Good times. I can't wait to see what she does next.

drage.gif

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to love this person. In fact, i think this is the DVD with more public zooms ever and i love it. They are all either hot guys or freak people!

I agree that Human Nature kills the momentum in that first segment. But i don't know what happens with that song, because to me the rendition for DWT was bad too (maybe i am alone here). That mechanical bull and the slow music... This song, with a pumping remix would be incredibly good life but both performances have made it so DULL.

I agree with what has been said: the best thing about the S&S tour is just how much energy she seems to have and how much fun she's having.

As a 26 years old fan ,having attended all her tours except the Virgin tour that i bought in 1985 or 86 on video ,here's what i have to say :

it's not serious to call SS "just boring " or " bad " ; It's a Madonna show , so it has its genius moments ( La isla, she's not me , ...) BUT

It's not serious either to call this the best ever !! Well just like Hard Candy was not her best album by far! Only unexperienced young fans can claim that.

- the costumes were not flattering

- the intro-song(s) boring, Human nature boring

- the hair made her look cheap

- no Stuart Price this time for the musical direction , not as good, not as inspired as the previous ones

- the video sections kind of duh

- organized massacre of hung up and bordeline

- the crowd, the atmosphere of the show I've seen at the Stade de France ( yuk!) was :thumbsdown: I'll never want to see her again in a big stadium

- the dancers less interesting

- the reviews themselves were :thumbsdown: certainly in France ( But I know it's unfair , it's still a Great show)

So definately good but a let down from me and from my boyfriend who came with me . It was the first time that I left a Madonna show er... "unfilled" It lacked the catharsis element of the pevious ones ( since BA)

I didn't make it the next year to SS part2 even if it was her fist time in my country : Belgium

S&S is the WTG of the 00's. It's not about themes, or messages. It's just about the amazingness that is Madonna the performer. Both of these tours seem more like actual concerts, whereas her other tours feel more like shows (excluding VT). WTG and S&S feel like they were tailor made for the stadium. Compare it to something like DWT, which seems like it could be performed effectively in small venues similar to the ones Janet is currently performing in.

As a 26 years old fan ,having attended all her tours except the Virgin tour that i bought in 1985 or 86 on video ,here's what i have to say :

it's not serious to call SS "just boring " or " bad " ; It's a Madonna show , so it has its genius moments ( La isla, she's not me , ...) BUT

It's not serious either to call this the best ever !! Well just like Hard Candy was not her best album by far! Only unexperience young fans can claim that.

- the costumes were not flattering

- the intro-song(s) boring, Human nature boring

- the hair made her look cheap

- no Stuart Price this time for the musical direction , not as good, not as inspired as the previous ones

- the video sections kind of duh

- organized massacre of hung up and bordeline

- the crowd, the atmosphere of the show I've seen at the Stade de France ( yuk!) was :thumbsdown: I'll never want to see her again in a big stadium

- the dancers less interesting

- the reviews themselves were :thumbsdown: certainly in France ( But I know it's unfair , it's still a Great show)

So definately good but a let down from me and from my boyfriend who came with me . It was the first time that I left a Madonna show er... "unfilled" It lacked the catharsis element of the pevious ones ( since BA)

I didn't make it the next year to SS part2 even if it was her fist time in my country : Belgium

Round 2 was everything & more...Sticky Bercy was the best concert experience I've ever had, I dunno what happens at that venue, but it's magic & 4 the record; Sticky & Sweet is NOT my favourite Madonna show. But I agree, Stade de France was dire but I'd just come back from China the day before so I always thought it was my jetlag.. :fag:

drapeau-belge-belgische-vlag.png