I watched Madonna's S&S DVD!

karbatal

Guest bluejean

I can understand certain people having a 'strong dislike' 4 this tour, based on the setlist or the lack of a proper thematic thread...but 2 say that it's 'poor' is just plain fucking ridiculous. If u compare the actual performing in terms of Madonna's physicality it was as if she was let out of a cage, RIT & CT was really all about Madonna the Guy Ritchie fembot walking through the production with a few power surges here & there....Sticky brought back a certain vulgarity, in terms of her pathos at least it's up there with BAT & GS.

EAT IT!!!!!

P.S don't 4get she was a 102 during the Sticky. :fag:

Agree with all of that. Perhaps it's not the best in terms of themes, costumes, the opening etc. But for me the actual setlist, the reworked classic songs (on both legs), and the actual performances/dancing more than made up for it. I'd file it with the Who's That Girl tour if anything. Confessions for me was all show and no punch. Overrated really.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

No idea why S&S gets such a bad reception from people. It ticked all the right boxes for me, i thought it was fun with some really fantastic moments. I have no idea how anyone could be bored watching her.

Madonna is one of only a few artists who's tours translate really well to home viewing. Concerts a lot of the time can be great live, but dull on TV because you lose that live energy, but i've found M's stuff works on DVD and TV nicely.

I've only seen it once, but i thought it was cool and looked very pretty on blu-ray.

I put on the bluray again the other night and it was actually even worse than I remembered. I watched the whole thing, but felt like fast-forwarding so many times throughout, especially during the ridiculously extended "world music" section with all the gypsy dancers that seemed to go on forever. Christ on a bike, that is not what I go to a Madonna concert to see. The lack of creativity and set/costume design is shocking too. The setlist is pretty awful too. Way too many songs from Hard Candy and far too many songs that she seems to do in every show now. And WTF was going on in "Spanish Lesson"? That drek should not have been on the setlist to begin with, but what on earth was that random performance of it all about? It bears absolutely no relation to the song. There's such a "oh this will do" vibe from the whole show. Lots of random, slapdash stuff going without any real creativity, as in her other tours. On the plus side, she genuinely seemed to be having a blast and it's quite an energetic show, but that's it for me. Most of it is so very, very far beneath what she is capable of.

I got bored with the gipsy section too. I think only people who don't watch Eurovision can find it interesting. Because that whole section looks like what Montenegro would bring Eurovision: a woman with loads of skirts and some old person with a mandouline.

I got bored with the gipsy section too. I think only people who don't watch Eurovision can find it interesting. Because that whole section looks like what Montenegro would bring Eurovision: a woman with loads of skirts and some old person with a mandouline.

Haha! Absolutely. It's incredibly naff.

And it's a pity that the WONDERFUL You Must Love Me is at the end of that part, because i think it's one of the most beautiful and brilliant performances Madonna has done. If it had been included in another segment, could have been one of the highlights of the concert. GREAT!!!!

And it's a pity that the WONDERFUL You Must Love Me is at the end of that part, because i think it's one of the most beautiful and brilliant performances Madonna has done. If it had been included in another segment, could have been one of the highlights of the concert. GREAT!!!!

Um the meaning of the word highlight is exactly that... :lol:

I put on the bluray again the other night and it was actually even worse than I remembered. I watched the whole thing, but felt like fast-forwarding so many times throughout, especially during the ridiculously extended "world music" section with all the gypsy dancers that seemed to go on forever. Christ on a bike, that is not what I go to a Madonna concert to see. The lack of creativity and set/costume design is shocking too. The setlist is pretty awful too. Way too many songs from Hard Candy and far too many songs that she seems to do in every show now. And WTF was going on in "Spanish Lesson"? That drek should not have been on the setlist to begin with, but what on earth was that random performance of it all about? It bears absolutely no relation to the song. There's such a "oh this will do" vibe from the whole show. Lots of random, slapdash stuff going without any real creativity, as in her other tours. On the plus side, she genuinely seemed to be having a blast and it's quite an energetic show, but that's it for me. Most of it is so very, very far beneath what she is capable of.

THIS

I had more issues with seeeing Like A Prayer/ Music/ Into The Groove/ La Isla Bonita/ Vogue/ Ray Of Light again than the heavy use of Hard Candy songs. Okay maybe she could have dropped one Hard Candy Song but there is a wealth of golden oldies that have never been performed on tour or not in a very long time. I've seen Vogue 5 times now and as much as i love the song would rather see Nothing Really Matters or Rescue Me performed live next time.

The tour was in support of Hard Candy. OF COURSE she's going to perform most of the songs from that album. It's no different than what she does everytime she tours. What did HC haters think? That cuz they don't like the album she's going to forgo performing most of the songs? She only did that with AL on RIT. As it was obvious the general consensus was people didn't care much for that album. With HC it was a different story.

I just find it sad that her diehard fans, the ones who are supposed to "get" her couldn't accept her doing a CONCERT for once and not a SHOW like the past few tours. Sorry, gotta say it again.....a good number of fans who came on board during ROL are STUFFY and overtly critical of everything. Question for the Ray Of Lighters that aren't British.....did you guys also adapt a fake British accent during those years too? I swear being around some ya'll must be as fun as getting an arm sawed off with a rusty saw. It's gotta be this: :| all the time....lol...no thanks! You guys have fun with that though.

I really don't see how it's hard to understand. You're a fan of an utter retard who COPIES fashion designers work from the last hundred years and makes visual statements that MAKE NO SENSE. Absolutely NO correlation with the work she is performing. I'm sure you don't get this because somehow in your head you have convinced yourself that this piece of UGLY is somehow a piece of AVANT GARDE. I will explain the world traveller section for you. IT'S NOT A WORLD MUSIC SECTION. It's a WORLD TRAVELLER SECTION. The concept is of integration, family and romance. During the performance of Spanish lesson she is playing a stranger who is flirting with another culture. Hence the black cloaks are eventually lifted to reveal the Spanish influenced colourful costumes. THAT IS TO REPRESENT GETTING A BETTER FEEL FOR A NEW CULTURE. During Miles away she is singing about love separation. A continuation of the themes of culture, family and romance. Then La isla bonita is the grand finale of the section. The new culture and family have been fully embraced. It's meant to represent sub cultures and tight families. SOME CULTURES DO STILL DANCE TOGETHER THAT WAY. The reason that Doli Doli and Lela Pala Tute influences exist are because tthe GYPSY lifestyle that she has been exposed to really represent that sense of carefree togetherness. I know that all of this may have gone over your head because Madonna isn't wearing a sparkly cabbage as a hat and shooting custard from her Vagina, but maybe you should think more. If you don't have the brain power you could always do some research. I would recommend it before suggesting that Madonna has NO IDEA what she is doing with her work. She is clearly far smarter than you.

Um the meaning of the word highlight is exactly that... :lol:

I can't tell if it's a difficulty with the English language or just being a bit speshul. :lmao:

Guest Evil M

I really don't see how it's hard to understand. You're a fan of an utter retard who COPIES fashion designers work from the last hundred years and makes visual statements that MAKE NO SENSE. Absolutely NO correlation with the work she is performing. I'm sure you don't get this because somehow in your head you have convinced yourself that this piece of UGLY is somehow a piece of AVANT GARDE. I will explain the world traveller section for you. IT'S NOT A WORLD MUSIC SECTION. It's a WORLD TRAVELLER SECTION. The concept is of integration, family and romance. During the performance of Spanish lesson she is playing a stranger who is flirting with another culture. Hence the black cloaks are eventually lifted to reveal the Spanish influenced colourful costumes. THAT IS TO REPRESENT GETTING A BETTER FEEL FOR A NEW CULTURE. During Miles away she is singing about love separation. A continuation of the themes of culture, family and romance. Then La isla bonita is the grand finale of the section. The new culture and family have been fully embraced. It's meant to represent sub cultures and tight families. SOME CULTURES DO STILL DANCE TOGETHER THAT WAY. The reason that Doli Doli and Lela Pala Tute influences exist are because tthe GYPSY lifestyle that she has been exposed to really represent that sense of carefree togetherness. I know that all of this may have gone over your head because Madonna isn't wearing a sparkly cabbage as a hat and shooting custard from her Vagina, but maybe you should think more. If you don't have the brain power you could always do some research. I would recommend it before suggesting that Madonna has NO IDEA what she is doing with her work. She is clearly far smarter than you.

Are all those capital letters supposed to make him like it now?

:thumbsup:

I can't tell if it's a difficulty with the English language or just being a bit speshul. :lmao:

Very well put! Top post

Try to say that sentence in Spanish, so i can laugh at you. Oh, wait, i don't laugh at people who try to speak in my language.

:thumbsup: mhmm

Guest Evil M

NO. They're to DRAW ATTENTION to the parts which CLEARLY flew right over his head. I've done it for YOU too.

Just because there's some allegedly elaborate concept behind that section doesn't mean he has to like it. I don't see what's so hard to accept about people having different opinions from you. And there's no need to be a jerk about this not everyone's going to like that concert (or what you say for that matter).

Try to say that sentence in Spanish, so i can laugh at you. Oh, wait, i don't laugh at people who try to speak in my language.

If I knew what the Fuck you were trying to say then I would give it a try. :lmao: Right now it goes like this. GRACIAS MUCHACHAS. GRACIAS MUCHACHOS. HIGHLIGHT. LOCO. IUAIUAIUIAA. ESPAGNOL.

Just because there's some allegedly elaborate concept behind that section doesn't mean he has to like it. I don't see what's so hard to accept about people having different opinions from you. And there's no need to be a jerk about this not everyone's going to like that concert (or what you say for that matter).

You need to learn to read. I wasn't telling him to LIKE the DVD. He said that the segment made no sense and that the visuals didn't relate to the music. I was simply pointing out that he was wrong. His ignorance was what left it not making any sense in his head. Use your reading skills. Improve them. Go back and read again. You might just learn something. Why would I care if some nothing with bad taste liked a DVD that I love? It would make more sense for a Gaga fan to NOT understand. No offense to every individual who likes Gaga but her fans are mainly shallow and stupid. It's plain as day.

"Thanks" for that.

It's still shit.

I always find it weird when people think this tour is energetic. In fact, performances like Into the Groove or 4 Minutes lack energy.

Were you sitting in the parking lot during the show?? 4 minutes didn't work in my opinion, but Into the Groove? C'mon!

S&S is not my favorite tour, mainly because its the "Mash-up Tour", but I think its one of the most fun and energetic shows M has done since

The Girlie Show. She was clearly enjoying herself.

;)

Well i found this man VERY INTERESTING:

09_MVG_cult_%20PaulKirkland.jpg

Yeahhhhh! I kinda see what you mean ;)

Round 2 was everything & more...Sticky Bercy was the best concert experience I've ever had, I dunno what happens at that venue, but it's magic & 4 the record; Sticky & Sweet is NOT my favourite Madonna show. But I agree, Stade de France was dire but I'd just come back from China the day before so I always thought it was my jetlag.. :fag:

drapeau-belge-belgische-vlag.png

I love Bercy too .As far as I'm concerned I was kinda of sick at the Stade de France that day as well... But I don't know the changes I've seen on the net regarding SS II don't really make me regret not attending it ...

• 1 month later...

Could not agree more !

This tour and the Confessions Tour are my two favorite tours. Sticky and Sweet is like Confessions' less artistic, younger brother. The tour and Hard Candy made it seem like she just wanted to have a good time after going through such a problematic time in her life, and I was there to enjoy the ride. No, this tour will never be considered her best, but I wouldn't be able to understand it being considered her worst OR her most boring> It's not for everyone, but it has a sense of undeniable energy to it.

Some changes I would've made to it:

Switch Music and 4 Minutes. Music would've made much more sense in the rave section than 4 Minutes does, plus that football gear part of costume should have never been there. 4 Minutes also could have used a boosted, energetic performance.

Tweak the Beat Goes On/Vogue outfit. The granny panties pimp look just wasn't very great. She should have made it a full leotard and done something else with that little material thing that was over it.

Think of that Frozen performance sooner. Although I am one of the few that liked it, Hung Up didn't work and the Frozen performance was epic.

Human Nature: Drop the guitar and dance! When you watch the DVD, this performance kills the momentum of the first segment. Luckily, Vogue picks it up again, but either way, this one can be painful to watch.

That said though, Sticky and Sweet does contain many spots of greatness.

I felt like Candy Shop was a great entrance, especially when segued to another fun performance of Beat Goes On. Vogue was visually beautiful and ACTUALLY sung live. The Die Another Day video interlude is one of her best this decade, at least in my opinion. Into The Groove is all sorts of fun and it was a great way to reinvent the song. Heartbeat is nothing special but nice. She's Not Me and Music are full of so much energy and are two of my favorite performances of this tour. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You is perhaps the most beautiful performance of this tour. The water/rain backdrop is PERFECT when they have those wideshots. Spanish Lesson breathed new life into the song and Miles Away was just beautiful. La Isla Bonita was just an explosion of colors and was soooo interesting to look at. You Must Love Me and Don't Cry For Me Argentina are cute and not really boring, surprisingly. Get Stupid is a great interlude. For some reason, I actually enjoyed this rendition of Ray of Light MUCH more than the Confessions Tour one. Like A Prayer is godly and her dancing in Give It 2 Me is great and harks back to the beginning years.

I just love this tour.

:thumbsup:

:wow: What a lovely thread to revive; Sticky & Sweet was magic live & the energy translates well on DVD. It's my most watched of all her concerts & the one I always play for my pals unfamiliar with Madge; it's my Madona ice breaker. Right amount of fun, a bit of drama, and the perfect showcase of her stamina. Bitch gives me a work out everytime I watch it.

The whole spectacle is directed wonderfully & the audience cut-away scenes make you feel like your right there, sweating with them sexy Argentinian men. The ONLY drawback is the audio (which I aint too stressed over anyway). It's a fantastic DVD for a fantastic tour so get into the groove, get with the program, or get out.

4.gif