The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Guest Caresse Henry

According to a nice chap in Haven Forums:

4 Minutes is currently at #28 on the Top UK singles of 2008, with sales of 86015

And another 30k+ on Sunday, will lift her to the edge of the Top 20.

Well it will have to stay there for at least three weeks before *I* consider it to be a HIT dry.gif

You're only saying "three weeks" because you know that if it makes it this weekend, it's pretty much guaranteed a 2nd week at #1 next week due to the inclusion of physical sales :dramatic:

Still standing by your "it will peak at #3" assertion?! :wink:

Ooh - I wonder how much she's increasing her lead by.

Madonna remains N1 in UK based on midweek reports

Madonna 20,699

Estelle 17,957

Source: Madonnalicious Forum

You're only saying "three weeks" because you know that if it makes it this weekend, it's pretty much guaranteed a 2nd week at #1 next week due to the inclusion of physical sales :dramatic:

Still standing by your "it will peak at #3" assertion?! :wink:

If it equals Vogue and Into The Groove's 4 week run, maybe then I might be impressed.

Updated sales info:

4 1 4 MINUTES MADONNA FT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 20,699

1 2 AMERICAN BOY ESTELLE FT KANYE WEST 17,957

2 3 BLACK & GOLD SAM SPARRO 15,914

3 4 LOW FLO RIDA FT T-PAIN 13,614

9 5 CRY FOR YOU SEPTEMBER 13,575

:thumbsup:

Great above all because #2 is near but not a danger anymore (it peaked long ago).

4M is such an unusual song UK-chartwise by Madonna. It rarely happens that her 1st single has been modestly received for weeks (even descended a bit) before climbs it way back to the top...! Just an observation.

I reckon it's gonna be one of her massive hits in the UK since most of other #1 digital-only tracks before it were all such huge hits (i.e., Mercy, American boy, About you now, Umbrella etc.) and, unlike in the US, i can't see any other big competitor in the UK chart now ...

Edited by MadCrazy

4M is such an unusual song UK-chartwise by Madonna. It rarely happens that her 1st single has been modestly received for weeks (even descended a bit) before climbs it way back to the top...! Just an observation.

That's because it's the first time she's had a lead single, available as a download prior to release that is eligible to chart.

Another 6 k. At this rate she may crack 40k for the week.

There will be lots of headlines re her 13th Number 1 after Sunday's chart is revealed as most of the public aren't interested in midweek updates.

Pleased she is closing down on Westlife's 14 number 1s, even though I think this song is pants. She so deserves to have more number 1s than they do.

Pleased she is closing down on Westlife's 14 number 1s, even though I think this song is pants. She so deserves to have more number 1s than they do.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Guest marsha
That's because it's the first time she's had a lead single, available as a download prior to release that is eligible to chart.

I love you're so in bad faith ! :doofus:

WOW!

I'm so happy!!!

She will make it on downloads alone!

She will stay at the top for 4 or 5 weeks for sure as physical singles release and lack of competition will help!!! :D

Of course that album release and promo in Europe in early May will help too :D

Guest powerofgoodbye

She should be safe at #1. Now she at #1 & #62 (Junkie XL) in Itunes. The other rebirth mix drop out #120 le...

Do you think the news of her UK #01 may help her to get more airplay in USA?

not in US but in Europe. At least she should appear on Billboard online next Monday if she has a new #1 in UK

not in US but in Europe. At least she should appear on Billboard online next Monday if she has a new #1 in UK

she will