Britney Spears

Rush

Madonna number two in the midweeks.

AMERICAN BOY 10,268

4 MINUTES 9,386

BLACK & GOLD 8,788

CRY FOR YOU 7,540

Thanks for posting.

I reckon she will be number 1 on Sunday as Estelle is falling. Sales of 35k I reckon.

Next week, I reckon her sales will be between 50-60k because of the physical release. It looks as if no other record will match this.

Duffy (the biggest seller this year) managed over 70k combined when the physical was released and sold 50k downloads the week prior. She sold 24k on physical the first week.

Reckon Madge will at least match Duffy's 24k.

I am surprised by the numbers Madonna is managing with this record as I am not a fan of the song, though it seems to be catching on with the general download buying public and I assume some new listeners too.

What about album sales ? Mariah 2? Far behgind number one ??

Brits buy that Kooks album !!!! Now :horny:

I'm standing by my prediction of a number 3 peak - Sam Sparro will overtake her by the weekend with Usher and September jumping ahead next week.

As much as I agree with you about the song, Sam Sparro has already been released on physical and September is fully released today.

Usher is not fully released until the week after 4M and is not taking off sufficiently to stop Madge.

Part of me wishes you are right but a bigger part is pleased that she is still kicking the ass of her rivals.

I am surprised by the numbers Madonna is managing with this record as I am not a fan of the song, though it seems to be catching on with the general download buying public and I assume some new listeners too.

Well several people have been trying to point this out several times in this thread - the fact that a small minority of Madonna fans have felt the need to bang on about how much they hate it does not and has never meant that it wasn't capturing a wider audience. Its performance in America just underlines that fact.

As much as I agree with you about the song, Sam Sparro has already been released on physical and September is fully released today.

Usher is not fully released until the week after 4M and is not taking off sufficiently to stop Madge.

Part of me wishes you are right but a bigger part is pleased that she is still kicking the ass of her rivals.

I didn't realise Usher's physical was so far away - Sparro is a club hit and such tracks always increase their sales on Saturdays - that's how that Make Love track managed to overtake American Life at the last minute. I didn't realise September was on physical this week - I hate that track.

Sam Sparro has been out for ages hasnt it ?

I think its on the way done

I am not keen on the September song at all, bu the gays seem to be lapping it up

Well several people have been trying to point this out several times in this thread - the fact that a small minority of Madonna fans have felt the need to bang on about how much they hate it does not and has never meant that it wasn't capturing a wider audience. Its performance in America just underlines that fact.

Well the disappointment for me personally stems from the fact that she has roped in Justin and Timbaland to give her a US hit. These are two very popular artists and I don't think it requires a high IQ to predict it was going to do well as a stand alone release. Timbaland especially has had loads of hits in the UK and US recently.

The performance in America underlines the fact ONLY that she copped out in order to get a hit.

The performance in America underlines the fact ONLY that she copped out in order to get a hit.

So what if she did???? I mean, enough already. She did the same thing with Hung Up and the ABBA sample and it worked wonders for her outside US. Don't tell me that Hung Up was a cutting edge record. It was a pop song with all the right gimmicks to become a huge hit. Madonna is a mainstream artist and she will always do whatever she can do to sell millions of records. You're behaving as if she was an underground artist and she's now sold out. Please!

Well plus the fact that Justin and Timbaland hardly guarantee a hit, and if that was ALL she cared about she could just have asked them to write her whole album.

I totally agree with dimfanis - it's bloody hilarious that people seem to think '4 Minutes' is a 'sell-out' while 'Hung Up' was the exact same tactic. The only difference being that it was commercially tailored to a European audience instead of an American one. An American audience she deliberately aimed at over a decade ago with 'Bedtime Stories'. And again a few years ago when she worked with Missy Elliot and duetted with Britney.

Madonna wants to sell records. Get over it already.

Oh and I dunno if I'm the only one who didn't know this, but I thought the 4 Minutes remixes were only being added in America today. I just looked on UK itunes and they're all there. Silly me! I'll buy them when I get home.

Guest LikeAHugeMFan!

so again lol..how likely is it lookin for her to get that 13th #1 UK song?? *Only want to hear responses from the chart EXPERTS, not haters lol. Seems from what Im reading its lookin really good based on the facts, while the few who detest the song are the only ones saying it wont #1. That September song is garbage. VERY typical Euro or cheesy gay bar 80s dance remix sounding song.

What about album sales ? Mariah 2? Far behgind number one ??

Brits buy that Kooks album !!!! Now :horny:

UK Midweeks - 14th april 2008!

Albums

1 Kooks 25.7k

2 Mariah Carey 12.7k

3 Duffy 6.2k

4 Elliot Minor 5.7k

5 Leona Lewis 5.2k

So what if she did???? I mean, enough already. She did the same thing with Hung Up and the ABBA sample and it worked wonders for her outside US. Don't tell me that Hung Up was a cutting edge record. It was a pop song with all the right gimmicks to become a huge hit. Madonna is a mainstream artist and she will always do whatever she can do to sell millions of records. You're behaving as if she was an underground artist and she's now sold out. Please!

That clearly isn't the tone of my post. Where is the Madonna sound on 4M? The difference is that working with Stuart Price and previously Mirwhais was her showing she was on the trend.

Timbaland and Timberlake are her following a trend set my loads before her, namely Nelly Furtado.

The "cop out" is this fact only, not because she is trying to sell records as that is what she has always tried to do.

Oh and I dunno if I'm the only one who didn't know this, but I thought the 4 Minutes remixes were only being added in America today. I just looked on UK itunes and they're all there. Silly me! I'll buy them when I get home.

How odd, perhaps Warners strategy is to secure a number 1 before the physical release rather than go for broke with all formats next week.

Don't think anyone has posted top 5 singles with sales:

1 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy 10.3k

2 Madonna - 4 Minutes 9.4k

3 Sam Sparro - Black and Gold 8.8k

4 September - Cry For You 7.5k - 55 copies ahead

5 Flo-Rida - Low 7.4k

Guest SuperPop
thank gawd for Kooks

:lol: although dont be suprised if Duffy overtakes Mumu till the end of the week....Mariah first day sales are big because fans rush in....

That clearly isn't the tone of my post. Where is the Madonna sound on 4M? The difference is that working with Stuart Price and previously Mirwhais was her showing she was on the trend.

Timbaland and Timberlake are her following a trend set my loads before her, namely Nelly Furtado.

The "cop out" is this fact only, not because she is trying to sell records as that is what she has always tried to do.

Sorry to break your bubble but with Stuart Price she was just following the trend of modern disco that was (and still is) very popular in Europe way before COAD. With Mirwais, well, even her core fans failed to see how amazing album American Life was (best lyrics and best melodies of her career) and that was partly her fault because the first single was really dreafull imo. That single started her problems with the american radio from which she hasn't recovered yet.

4M is a COLLABORATION. Madonna, Timbaland and Justin, they all bring something to the table. It's a great single and a great video. Why does she always have to start trends? You're just too bought on what her PR machines tells you that she starts trends when perhaps she doesn't. The last time you could say she started a trend was with Ray of Light but even by that time electronica was a pretty popular music genre.

What Madonna does is make great pop records and sell millions of copies. 4M is no exception.

Aside from the arguments about Madonna 'starting trends', I can hear a clear Madonna sound on 4M tho it is, as pointed out, a collaboration. As was 'Hung Up', which hardly screamed 'Madonna' in the traditional sense you seem to be talking about. It really is getting grating that the same people can't seem to accept that other people don't think the same things they do.

Guest LikeAHugeMFan!
:lol: although dont be suprised if Duffy overtakes Mumu till the end of the week....Mariah first day sales are big because fans rush in....

LOL. yep we all know (even worldwide) Mimis fans are consistent in that they ALL come out at once to gaurantee that #1 single and album, then she drops like a scorchin hot KFC drum stick ! lol