The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

On Uk i-tunes singles chart 4 mins is still number 1, but 'Wiley' has risen very fast to number 2,

On the i -tunes album chart, the 4 minutes remix album is at 14, Hard Candy is 31 and Confessions is at 81 x

On Amazon Uk, Hard Candy at 29, Portishead is at 3 x

Guest powerofgoodbye
I realized "Wearing my rolex" is #1 on UK itunes...hummm

Oh no.... Is she safe at no.1 this week?

She can't have double #1 in UK single & Album chart this time round??

Oh no.... Is she safe at no.1 this week?

She can't have double #1 in UK single & Album chart this time round??

The album will be released next week. So she must be #1 for three weeks to coincide with the album.

Guest SuperPop
:confused: That Wiley song is very very similar to 'Exceeder' by Mason which was very big last year....I cant comprehend why it has become suddenly so big...

:confused: That Wiley song is very very similar to 'Exceeder' by Mason which was very big last year....I cant comprehend why it has become suddenly so big...

Will 4m be #1 for a second week?

Guest SuperPop
Will 4m be #1 for a second week?

yeah a second week at no1 is almost guaranteed due to the physical release...

but it seems pretty difficult to stay no1 for a third week...we must see how the Wiley song will fare the following days..

Still A listed on Radio 1, but 4 mins falls off Radio 2 playlist, was C last week x

It was never going to go down well with Radio 2 listeners - it's quite ironic really that in the mid-90s when Radio 1 listed artiists they'd never play again (except on oldies vote shows etc) Madonna was inlcuded with those who were thought to be evermore consigned to Radio 2 - Ray Of Light of course changed all that.

Guest Stefanos

How can sales increase if the two CDs in the UK are practically identical?

I went to HMV today to buy the two CDs of 4M. It was only then I realised that their only difference was the "Junkie XL Remix" on CD2. Of course I only bought CD2.

Surely this stupid / thoughtless strategy must affect sales negatively :zombie:

Edited by Stefanos

Guest Danny86

I went to HMV today to buy the two CDs of 4M. It was only then I realised that their only difference was the "Junkie XL Remix" on CD2. Of course I only bought CD2.

The 2 formats of "Hung Up" were exactly like this, and that didn't affect sales negatively. :p

Guest Stefanos
The 2 formats of "Hung Up" were exactly like this, and that didn't affect sales negatively. :p

It must do. There is no reason for anyone to buy two CDs. Even for those, like me, who were willing to pay for two CDs. Whilst i-tunes offers four additional mixes the physical CD only has two! Maybe this is the way the music industry shifts us to MP3s (and their low quality) :thumbsdown:

Yes, I agree with you.

I remember HU being the same and only bought CD1. I then bought the euro maxi whilst I was in Italy as this had loads of remixes on.

Not sure if 4M would be the same in Europe but it is probably best to buy the remixes on itunes.

I always thought it was a good groove, littered with hooks but as a Madonna lead single, I maintain my stance that it's SHIT - nevertheless, I am not complaining about its success. :wow:

Totally agree with you.

I fell for this with the COAD singles but I'm less of an anorak about collecting physicals these days (the picture disk looks so crappy so I'm not sure I'll even bother with that).

The strategy is that people who just like the single will by the cheaper, CD1 and people who are fans will either buy CD2 or both. It worked magnificently before the chart rules changed when they could but alternative tracks on each version along with a different sleeve pic to incite multiple buying.

I havent bought a madonna single for about 20 years and i wont be buying this one but shes doing amazingly well. is this going to be one of the biggest hits of 2008 by the looks ???

Guest SuperPop
Who these Wiley things? SupahPop?

he is a british rapper that has flopped hard in the past and now he released this electro house tune which has become very big as it seems...its very chav-tastic and catchy...