The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Well in that case I'm becoming confident of three weeks at the top. Usher was the main threat but I heard it again this morning and that rap really is DIABOLICAL so hopefully it will keep the chavs at bay.

A #1 album and single in the same week would be SUPERB.

Sales:

1 4 MINUTES MADONNA FT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 29,298

2 BLACK & GOLD SAM SPARRO 17,414

3 AMERICAN BOY ESTELLE FT KANYE WEST 14,488

She will easily win this week but her daily sales are declining from an average of 8k Sunday and Monday to 6k for Tuesday and Weds. Will Wiley be strong enough next week to take over the number 1 position?

Two weeks at the top is still good and her overall sales are great.

Guest SuperPop
Will Wiley be strong enough next week to take over the number 1 position?

he is having a considerable lead from 4M in Itunes, so it is very possible that he will hit the top next week...

he is having a considerable lead from 4M in Itunes, so it is very possible that he will hit the top next week...

I doubt he will... the album buzz will surelly help... besides don't forget that the picture disc is out next week and also count for the charts... it's the third phisycal format single for Madonna and will surelly make a difference to keep her on the TOP for another week...

Though sales are lower than what I was expecting... I was hopping for 80k-100k range (physical + downloads) for this week... so much buzz should generate more single sales than it's doing... though it's performing is pretty good!

Guest powerofgoodbye

I so wanted her to be no.1 at both charts again. And she will hold another records again.

Those sales are really low considering the physical - she'll be lucky to reach 50k by the weekend. To think people were predicting 60-70k at the start of this week.

Yes, her daily sales fell slightly again yesterday. She will end up on around 46k now I think, which is only 6k more than last week.

Physical sales really are diminishing for everyone.

I doubt he will... the album buzz will surelly help... besides don't forget that the picture disc is out next week and also count for the charts... it's the third phisycal format single for Madonna and will surelly make a difference to keep her on the TOP for another week...

Though sales are lower than what I was expecting... I was hopping for 80k-100k range (physical + downloads) for this week... so much buzz should generate more single sales than it's doing... though it's performing is pretty good!

Yes, your previous predictions for 50k physical sales were way too high but fair enough, the song has still managed a good overall total so far.

4M is declining though so she can only stay at no1 next week if her downloads hold up, not because of the picture disc. Picture disc sales are very low, 2k tops.

Guest SuperPop
not just loon fanbases buying multiple copies of physical formats to get an act to number 1 on a lean week - YEAH, THLOW

:lmao:

The decline in physicals is good though, it means hits, number 1s in particular, are genuine hits, not just loon fanbases buying multiple copies of physical formats to get an act to number 1 on a lean week - YEAH, THLOW

Not necessarily - it's cheaper to buy multiple copies of a digital single than a physical single :)

Not necessarily - it's cheaper to buy multiple copies of a digital single than a physical single :)

But if you buy them from the same account it doesn't count towards the charts.

What is 4M's total sales tally in the UK so far??

How does it compare to HU, Sorry, GT & Jump's sales totals??

Hung up 450k

Sorry 135k

Get together 37k

Jump 30

4M 126k (not included this week)