The European elections June 6th

36 % of voters 18-24 in France will vote for far right ,31 % in Holland and 21% in Germany .Apparently the masterminds in Europe can't hear the bells that are ringing for quite some time

I d vote so that the far right is contained. The rise of the far right in Europe is scary. It doesn't bode well for EU future. The far right parties are sponsored by Putin in their majority. The lessons of WW2 are forgotten. Some change in EU policy is needed so that the rise of the far right is escaped. Maybe the migration policy should change.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:16 AM, sotos8 said:

36 % of voters 18-24 in France will vote for far right ,31 % in Holland and 21% in Germany .Apparently the masterminds in Europe can't hear the bells that are ringing for quite some time

Do they say why? The rise of the right has been happening for sometime but has steadily increased in the last 5 years. I’m a little surprised that there’s such a strong percentage in a young cohort that have grown up in countries with progressive health and education policies, compared with the US.

We. Are. Fucked. I've been so depressed all day long. 😟

eu-wahlkarte-108.webpblack = Christian conservatives (CDU)

blue = far-right "alternative for Germany" (AfD)

Thank God I live in one of the few bright spots on this map, but God, we're all part of the bigger picture and even though many saw it coming I am quite concerned.

4 hours ago, alquemist said:

We. Are. Fucked. I've been so depressed all day long. 😟

eu-wahlkarte-108.webpblack = Christian conservatives (CDU)

blue = far-right "alternative for Germany" (AfD)

Thank God I live in the few bright spots on this map, but God, we're all part of the bigger picture and even though many saw it coming I am quite concerned.

France is heading the same right wing way 

24 minutes ago, promise to try said:

how important has the war in ucraine been in this election??? I mean, not here, but probably in the easter countries, it has been. Also, the green party, well, the german green party is with Israel in the genozide, aren`´t they? so maybe...

I’ve been thinking the same.

My country is out of the EU now so we don’t get much coverage 

4 hours ago, promise to try said:

how important has the war in ucraine been in this election??? I mean, not here, but probably in the easter countries, it has been. Also, the green party, well, the german green party is with Israel in the genozide, aren`´t they? so maybe...

The green party pays heavily for mistakes made in relation to climate laws. I think it was two years ago when a strategy paper was leaked that basically said that from 2024 all natural gas and oil heating has to be disabled in private homes and only heat pumps would be allowed. Millions of people saw they living standards fading away or even personal ruin because the prospect of such law meant investments from 15.000 to 45.000 (and more) for the heat pump alone (depending on the system) plus several 10.000 more in case you have an old house and you will need to have new windows, new insulation for the facade, the roof to make your house as energy effective as possible. Furthermore where do you get millions of heat pumps and where are the companies to install millions of those systems within this short period? It was a massive communication desaster because it took the government an eternity to react to the news and set the record straight that the timeline is absolutely false. Older people made them pay for this. Younger people (people from 16 were allowed to vote) made them pay because from their perspective the green party did not deliver when it came to new laws in regards to climate change. Interestingly many of those kids thought it would be a good idea to vote far-right. Idiots! 

Israel / Hamas wasn't a big issue in Germany. It was more about peace in Europe and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Unfortunately people voted for Putins ass lickers from the far-right (AFD) and the far-left (BSW). So disgusting. A few years ago people with the mindset of the AFD would have told you how Soviet soldiers raped German women at the end and after WW2. Historically this is true but they didn't bring it up as a hisory lesson. It was meant to create hate towards Russian people. The other party is led by a communist megalomaniac who founded this new party merely some months ago by splitting from the left party. Of course she named the party after herself. Unfortunately this woman is the typical case of "what happened to her". Up until a few years ago, she was well respected in her views and knowledge in economics. In fact, she warned early on about many things turbo-capitalism would create and what this would mean socially for workers and for society. Much of what she said became true. Unfortunately she turned into this Putin loving person who blames basically NATO, the U.S., Germany, well basically everyone except Putin for the current situation. Both parties would hand over Ukraine in a heart beat. Of course, they don't say that loud.