Israel and Hamas war

Camacho

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

You are disgusting if you don’t mind thousands of children dead and only post stupidity. I’ve always considered you absurd and this finally makes me block you forever. 

So you're OKAY with jewish people once again being targeted and seen as evil? with the antisemitism going on? Where is the empathy for them??? there's POSTERS being torn of INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!?? I keep thinking what about the people who get no sympathy online, they are being VILIFIED!!! Ive cried so many times about this the past few days and still am because once again it's not acceptable to show empathy for those who don't get any online! what if one of those hostages was one of your family members and you see their pictures being torn to shreds????? how can anyone be okay with this???

Just now, Nikki said:

So you're OKAY with jewish people once again being targeted and seen as evil? with the antisemitism going on? Where is the empathy for them??? there's POSTERS being torn of INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!?? I keep thinking what about the people who get no sympathy online, they are being VILIFIED!!! Ive cried so many times about this the past few days and still am because once again it's not acceptable to show empathy for those who don't get any online! what if one of those hostages was one of your family members and you see their pictures being torn to shreds????? how can anyone be okay with this???

No. I am not okay at all as I’ve said many times. Get lost. Do not write me again. 

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

No. I am not okay at all as I’ve said many times. Get lost. Do not write me again. 

WHAT HAVE I SAID THAT'S WRONG????????

I really don't belong in this world. Im so tired of the lack in empathy for specific groups of people. ive had it.

20 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Not all the people whom Hamas killed or took hostage were Jewish. And the people who keep reducing this to 'targeted for being Jewish' are so ridiculous and I'd say very antisemitic - do Israel forces murder Palestinians because of their religion or ethnicity, then? Or is it perhaps the occupation that's actually the issue?

I personally don't agree with tearing down those posters because it's counter-productive but the reason they're being torn down is because they're propaganda intended to win support for the unfolding genocide. I mean why on earth would you be posting missing posters in Europe and the USA? They have QR codes which take you to a propaganda site where you can donate money to the European Jewish Association. How is that helping bring the hostages home?

And the families in Israel seem more upset about the blanket bombing, which has already murdered quite a few of the hostages, than about the posters. They've been calling on the Israeli government to enter negotiations for weeks now.

3 minutes ago, debord said:

Not all the people whom Hamas killed or took hostage were Jewish. And the people who keep reducing this to 'targeted for being Jewish' are so ridiculous and I'd say very antisemitic - do Israel forces murder Palestinians because of their religion or ethnicity, then? Or is it perhaps the occupation that's actually the issue?

I personally don't agree with tearing down those posters because it's counter-productive but the reason they're being torn down is because they're propaganda intended to win support for the unfolding genocide. I mean why on earth would you be posting missing posters in Europe and the USA? They have QR codes which take you to a propaganda site where you can donate money to the European Jewish Association. How is that helping bring the hostages home?

And the families in Israel seem more upset about the blanket bombing, which has already murdered quite a few of the hostages, than about the posters. They've been calling on the Israeli government to enter negotiations for weeks now.

I thought they were hung up by their families who are abroad... I didn't even know they were used for propaganda reasons with qr codes!

Just now, Nikki said:

I thought they were hung up by their families who are abroad... so how could anyone be okay with tearing those posters down? 

The posters have nothing to do with the families. They were made by Israeli artists living in New York and, as I said, the site the posters directs you to raises money for the European Jewish Association. How is that helping the hostages?

If people responded to the October 7th attacks by plastering posters everywhere showing the murder and mistreatment of Palestinians at the hands of Israelis, would you be absolutely fine with that? I mean many of the folk angry about the posters being torn down seem to get very upset when people just wave a Palestinian flag in public.

22 minutes ago, debord said:

The posters have nothing to do with the families. They were made by Israeli artists living in New York and, as I said, the site the posters directs you to raises money for the European Jewish Association. How is that helping the hostages?

If people responded to the October 7th attacks by plastering posters everywhere showing the murder and mistreatment of Palestinians at the hands of Israelis, would you be absolutely fine with that? I mean many of the folk angry about the posters being torn down seem to get very upset when people just wave a Palestinian flag in public.

thanks for being kind.. I didn't know those were propaganda posters. I keep thinking how i'd feel if my loves ones pictures were torn to shreds. I just get so sad seeing all the hatred for jewish people. of course, I feel with the Palestinians, of course Im against the war, but I think people are forgetting about the jewish people who are being targeted now in places like Paris, NYC, universities, and so many other places.. they're treated like dirt.. there's swastikas and jewish stars on the homes of jewish families.. just think it's all very scary

Just now, Nikki said:

thanks for being kind.. I didn't know those were propaganda posters. I keep thinking how i'd feel if my loves ones pictures were torn to shreds. I just get so sad seeing all the hatred for jewish people. of course, I feel with the Palestinians, of course Im against the war, but I think people are forgetting about the jewish people who are being targeted now in places like Paris, NYC, universities, and so many other places.. they're treated like dirt.. there's swastikas and jewish stars on the homes of jewish families.. just think it's all very scary

Unfortunately there's been a very deliberate effort to conflate all Jewish people around the world with the state of Israel, with Jewish people who are critical of, or opposed to, Israeli apartheid or Zionism itself called 'antisemitic' and 'self-hating'. The IHRA definition does this itself. So for a lot of folk who don't pay much attention, they just see that to be Jewish is to support Israel. I think it's more important than ever for the diverse range of Jewish voices to be amplified and accepted to break that link and make people understand that to be Jewish doesn't mean you necessarily support Israel in the slightest.

12 minutes ago, debord said:

Unfortunately there's been a very deliberate effort to conflate all Jewish people around the world with the state of Israel, with Jewish people who are critical of, or opposed to, Israeli apartheid or Zionism itself called 'antisemitic' and 'self-hating'. The IHRA definition does this itself. So for a lot of folk who don't pay much attention, they just see that to be Jewish is to support Israel. I think it's more important than ever for the diverse range of Jewish voices to be amplified and accepted to break that link and make people understand that to be Jewish doesn't mean you necessarily support Israel in the slightest.

Yeah, there's been many jewish people protesting against the war who are being attacked by the israeli army or supporters of israel for speaking out against it. 

40 minutes ago, promise to try said:

has anybody heard the idea about the real reason of some countries being in favour of israel is that they want to build a new canal, better than the one in Suez? apaprently the better land to build it is in the east side of Gaza´s strip

Yes, I watched this clip earlier, very eye opening and a reminder to always follow the money!

Social media and public pressure are being key. Yesterday for the first time in 27 days Germany’s ZDF gave voice to a Palestinian in an interview. Not the typical image of a person wailing and screaming in anger or pain like an animal but an articulate person. Just one day before the tv anchor admitted that a supermarket cashier had told him they felt ashamed at the biased information given in German media. Yesterday’s Heute Journal finally reported properly. 

23 hours ago, Nikki said:

I'm am sick and fucking tired of having to explain this, because I've had to my entire life, but here I go again... 

ANTI-ISRAEL ≠ ANTI-SEMITIC  

ANTI-ZIONISM ≠ ANTI-SEMITIC  

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

I'm am sick and fucking tired of having to explain this, because I've had to my entire life, but here I go again... 

ANTI-ISRAEL ≠ ANTI-SEMITIC  

ANTI-ZIONISM ≠ ANTI-SEMITIC  

Block that thing. With thousands of children dead and thousands amputated I don’t have time for soulless racists. Just block.

Just now, karbatal said:

Block that thing. With thousands of children dead and thousands amputated I don’t have time for soulless racists. Just block.

"They're tearing down posters 😢, I'm crying"

Give me a fucking break. 

Just now, ULIZOS said:

"They're tearing down posters 😢, I'm crying"

Give me a fucking break. 

I block that person yesterday because frankly, to avoid the genocide and to be shocked at that it shows what kind of human being that person is.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

It seems that many Israel citizens are angry at Netanyahu. His popularity is down to the pits. This is the demise of the far right extremism in Israel and maybe the beginning of a new era.

This is why it's absolutely critical to make it as clear as day that ANTI-FASCIM, ANTI-ZIONISM, ANTI-FAR RIGHT POLITICS--everything Netanyahu stands for--has absolutely nothing to do with being anti-semitic. 

I have Jewish friends who are anti all those things I just mentioned who have been labeled anti-semitic by everyone, including their families. It's the same tactics used around the world to shut down any progressive thinking.