Jump to content

New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin


elijah

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Ukraine is planning g the counter attack. Is that what they mean? And how the West doesn’t allow if they are sending arms? It is a war. It sounds totally absurd what that tv says unless I understood wrong what you mean.

there has been a leage of information from ukraine: the washington post has, well, post it. zellensky was/is planning to attack russian land. And apparently the NATO is not allowing him to do it.

anyways, they have already attacked the kremlin, "somebody" tried to do something with a dron, they also tried to kill puttin a month ago, another "somebody" tried to destroy the pipeline in the north sea...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, promise to try said:

there has been a leage of information from ukraine: the washington post has, well, post it. zellensky was/is planning to attack russian land. And apparently the NATO is not allowing him to do it.

Ukraine has enough defending the territory. As if they had arms and ammunition to attack Russian land. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2023 at 11:10 PM, promise to try said:

there has been a leage of information from ukraine: the washington post has, well, post it. zellensky was/is planning to attack russian land. And apparently the NATO is not allowing him to do it.

anyways, they have already attacked the kremlin, "somebody" tried to do something with a dron, they also tried to kill puttin a month ago, another "somebody" tried to destroy the pipeline in the north sea...

Even if UKR was planning an attack on RU land, I wouldn't blame them. RU has been attacking UKR for a year now. Why should UKR NOT attack RU territory. If for example France attacked Spain, would Spain be obliged to keep the war within its territory? Why? In the end of the day UKR keep getting devastated by RU, while RU suffers (no direct) consequences of its aggression.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

Even if UKR was planning an attack on RU land, I wouldn't blame them. RU has been attacking UKR for a year now. Why should UKR NOT attack RU territory. If for example France attacked Spain, would Spain be obliged to keep the war within its territory? Why? In the end of the day UKR keep getting devastated by RU, while RU suffers (no direct) consequences of its aggression.

I don´t know. But the countries providing weapons to ukraine, apparently told them that they should keep this was as a defensive war

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Ok let’s stop with the disinformation. Ukraine has difficulty DEFENDING its territory, it’s impossible they attack Russian land. @promise to try that tv is lying to you. Take good note because they may be lying about other things.

I think it´s more complicated than this:I think the western governments are starting to plan how to leave ukraine alone and try to have better relations with russia, and they are spreading the news

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, promise to try said:

I think it´s more complicated than this:I think the western governments are starting to plan how to leave ukraine alone and try to have better relations with russia, and they are spreading the news

I don’t agree at all. Especially after all the investment to not be dependent of Russian oil and gas. If only the matter would be to please China so they don’t help Putin with arms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact is Russia has conquered 20 - 25% of Ukrainian land but that is not enough to call it victorious .Ukrainians are defending and they are planning a counterattack to regain some of their territories 

It's absolutely insane to claim they are planning  to attack Russsian land with Western arms ,that's not gonna happen even if they could 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When will Europe stop granting visa to Russian citizens? Why can they still travel around Europe as if nothing happened? Travel restrictions are in place for Russian oligarchs and politicians but obviously not for normal people. What has changed for normal people in Russia exactly? Western brands in supermarkets were replaced by Russian brands, which may be still produced by Western companies secretly doing business with Russia. Have normal Russian people experienced an hardships? Well, except for having to live in this rotten state. 

The German foreign ministry said the reason why they still have not imposed travel bans on normal Russians is that it would be harder to get Russian dissidents out of Russia. Makes me wonder if they have ever seen a Bond movie or ever heard of the Cold War, when such operations took place regularly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

When will Europe stop granting visa to Russian citizens? Why can they still travel around Europe as if nothing happened? Travel restrictions are in place for Russian oligarchs and politicians but obviously not for normal people. What has changed for normal people in Russia exactly? Western brands in supermarkets were replaced by Russian brands, which may be still produced by Western companies secretly doing business with Russia. Have normal Russian people experienced an hardships? Well, except for having to live in this rotten state. 

The German foreign ministry said the reason why they still have not imposed travel bans on normal Russians is that it would be harder to get Russian dissidents out of Russia. Makes me wonder if they have ever seen a Bond movie or ever heard of the Cold War, when such operations took place regularly. 

Why should regular people suffer? I never understood sanctions that make regular people, among them oppressed people, far worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Why should regular people suffer? I never understood sanctions that make regular people, among them oppressed people, far worse.

Because if you look at interviews with regular RU ppl on Youtube (at least in Moscow and Saint Petersburg), its obvious most want to disassociate with the madman, the war etc. They do not want to talk politics, do not want to think about it and make their best to prove they have zero input in the war. However even if Putin has illegally occupied the most powerful position in the country, they still have a lot to do with the war and are probably the only ones who could stop the madness. If for example 20 million ppl descended on Moscow, I don't think Putin would manage to deal with them with the harsh measures he used for the thousands who dared to protest. The others are more ... how should I say... stupid and are actually supporting the madman and are believing his propaganda (including the antiUKR, antiWest, antilgbtq propaganda). They have to understand there is a price to be paid for the support of the neonazi regime. Why should they be allowed to visit the West if they are antiWestern, want Europe to be weakened etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Because if you look at interviews with regular RU ppl on Youtube (at least in Moscow and Saint Petersburg), its obvious most want to disassociate with the madman, the war etc. They do not want to talk politics, do not want to think about it and make their best to prove they have zero input in the war. However even if Putin has illegally occupied the most powerful position in the country, they still have a lot to do with the war and are probably the only ones who could stop the madness. If for example 20 million ppl descended on Moscow, I don't think Putin would manage to deal with them with the harsh measures he used for the thousands who dared to protest. The others are more ... how should I say... stupid and are actually supporting the madman and are believing his propaganda (including the antiUKR, antiWest, antilgbtq propaganda). They have to understand there is a price to be paid for the support of the neonazi regime. Why should they be allowed to visit the West if they are antiWestern, want Europe to be weakened etc?

I understand. But sanctions against the well being of population have never worked. There is not a single example of success. Cuba, Iran, Venezuela…. People suffering poverty and the regime is still there. Sanctions against Russia should be against oligarchs and those funding Putin.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh about the issue of sanctions: Spain has bought three times enriched uranium from Russia this year. How? Through a US company to avoid sanctions. Let’s not ask for sanctions that affect regular people, let’s ask ourselves if rich people are suffering them at all.

In 2014 when Russia invaded Krimea there were sanctions regarding exports to Russia. Farmers in my region took it very badly because many products went to Russia. But Merkel two weeks later traveled to Russia to meet Putin to get more gas.

What kind of joke is this?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, promise to try said:

do your countries still follow this war? I don´t remember any news in the last month, well, since Israel-Hamas are fighting

I watch English Euronews and German ZDF every day and it is reported every day. I always have the feeling that you only warch the Basque news and that they are not very complete sometimes. I recall a couple of times when your news didn’t include something precisely about the Ukraine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

do your countries still follow this war? I don´t remember any news in the last month, well, since Israel-Hamas are fighting

yes. I don't watch news for years, but I read online news/watch certain programs. Its still news, though Israel-Hamas war has taken over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, elijah said:

Putin has “won” 87 percent of the vote and would rule RU for the next 6 years

I don’t think he’s got 6 years to live 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2024 at 10:38 PM, Confessit said:

I don’t think he’s got 6 years to live 

He can’t even visit the place where the terrorist attack happened in the very city he (probably) lives and works in. Can’t show his face in public and on the streets. He lives in constant fear. Serves him right. I bet he thinks the whole attack was a trap to get him out of his cave. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lolo said:

He can’t even visit the place where the terrorist attack happened in the very city he (probably) lives and works in. Can’t show his face in public and on the streets. He lives in constant fear. Serves him right. I bet he thinks the whole attack was a trap to get him out of his cave. 

Don’t underestimate the fact that huge amount of Russians are brainwashed to believe he is restoring RU might, fighting the West that humiliated RU and that all prowestern ppl in Russia are traitors. This has been going on since 2007. I d think he has really “won” the election, not that there were any candidates that were really in opposition to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Don’t underestimate the fact that huge amount of Russians are brainwashed to believe he is restoring RU might, fighting the West that humiliated RU and that all prowestern ppl in Russia are traitors. This has been going on since 2007. I d think he has really “won” the election, not that there were any candidates that were really in opposition to him.

I don’t underestimate it. I know he would have won the election even without all the manipulation. But it shows how insecure he is. He doesn’t trust anyone at this point. At least it seems like it. He can’t go anywhere public without days or weeks of preparation. And he knows there’s still opposition out there. The Wagner coup pushed him over the edge it seems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Paul Wade said:

It's very frightening reading all the articles online about the Russians being prepared to use nuclear weapons against Ukraine.  Putin needs to chill the fuck out. 

They're bluffing. They have more to lose if they use them. It's like the dog that barks all the time but doesn't bites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kilt said:

They're bluffing. They have more to lose if they use them. It's like the dog that barks all the time but doesn't bites

I think that's what Putin relies on. People underestimating him. Hopefully he is full of shit. But I can't forsee any scenario whereby he'd willingly back down and retreat from Ukraine. Plus he's surrounded by people who are itching for an all out war. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2024 at 6:54 AM, Paul Wade said:

I think that's what Putin relies on. People underestimating him. Hopefully he is full of shit. But I can't forsee any scenario whereby he'd willingly back down and retreat from Ukraine. Plus he's surrounded by people who are itching for an all out war. 

He knows very very very well that Russia will be turned into a wasteland if he tries anything…. he also knows that he’ll be immediately dead as well as every member of his surroundings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...