Biden / U.S. Politics thread

Camacho

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

Community notes

Yes I noticed and I say mea culpa. The only good thing about this X mess is the community notes. leave the post so everyone can see my mistake. Of course I still feel that the genocide is being carried on by the full support of USA. And I am afraid this can cost Biden the reelection.

Oh this is interesting 🤨 

I was only thinking last night what will happen if he freezes in the debates, it would be game over.

Biden is on his way to losing Michigan, which could cripple his chances at winning the general election. 

Our state has the 2nd highest Arab population in the nation. With Dearborn MI. - outside of Detroit -having the largest proportion of Arab Americans in the entire U.S. And the friends that I have over there are livid over his response to this war. It would explain the polls coming out that has Trump beating him here by nearly 10 points. 

I really don't have that much faith in him winning our state again, sadly. 

Politics aren't my strong suit but I follow things every now and then and lurk here from time to time.  Some of my thoughts presently:

Hillary took a lot of states in the old rust belt area for granted in 2016 : Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana.  It looks like at the moment Biden isn't polling well at all with the Hispanic vote.  A group that always votes democratic. That one 1st poll I posted below even has Trump leading against him presently with this demographic.  I do not think he should take the Hispanic or really any working people's votes for granted but I have the feeling he is.  If you're living paycheck to paycheck and feel overworked most days you're not going to want to listen to Democrats harping on about democracy and January 6th.  That day was bad but the reality is it doesn't keep the majority of Americans up at night with what they're concerned about.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/13/can-biden-count-on-hispanic-voters-in-a-race-against-trump/72097436007/

Interesting article as well imo.  Ruy Teixiera's author of Where Have all The Democrats Gone.  He touches on identity politics presently.  

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion-potomac-watch/where-have-all-the-democrats-gone/98681830-c240-4838-a7b5-fde312638b16

On 1/18/2024 at 3:24 AM, Blue Skies said:

Politics aren't my strong suit but I follow things every now and then and lurk here from time to time.  Some of my thoughts presently:

Hillary took a lot of states in the old rust belt area for granted in 2016 : Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana.  It looks like at the moment Biden isn't polling well at all with the Hispanic vote.  A group that always votes democratic. That one 1st poll I posted below even has Trump leading against him presently with this demographic.  I do not think he should take the Hispanic or really any working people's votes for granted but I have the feeling he is.  If you're living paycheck to paycheck and feel overworked most days you're not going to want to listen to Democrats harping on about democracy and January 6th.  That day was bad but the reality is it doesn't keep the majority of Americans up at night with what they're concerned about.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/13/can-biden-count-on-hispanic-voters-in-a-race-against-trump/72097436007/

Interesting article as well imo.  Ruy Teixiera's author of Where Have all The Democrats Gone.  He touches on identity politics presently.  

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion-potomac-watch/where-have-all-the-democrats-gone/98681830-c240-4838-a7b5-fde312638b16

I really don't understand (and this seems to be the case in every country) why it's always 'not understanding a certain demographic'.. If you're living paycheck to paycheck and you vote for a clown ur still a retarded fucking idiot.

It's more baffling to me how the right always manages to attract a certain portion of the public and gets them to vote for them against their own socio-economical interest, based on ethical and cultural issues. 

That’s because they don’t see themselves as poor people. It happens around the world. In the 80s a regular family could buy a flat. Nowadays people in their 30s have to share a flat because they can’t afford the whole rent, not to mention buy it. And yet if you ask them they don’t consider themselves poor. So they give power to the parties benefiting the high class and oppressing the poor.  And if they can’t afford rent or the wages are too low is because immigrants. So they are fucking vile racist too. 

7 hours ago, acko said:

I really don't understand (and this seems to be the case in every country) why it's always 'not understanding a certain demographic'.. If you're living paycheck to paycheck and you vote for a clown ur still a retarded fucking idiot.

It's more baffling to me how the right always manages to attract a certain portion of the public and gets them to vote for them against their own socio-economical interest, based on ethical and cultural issues. 

They vote against their own interest because they want people of color to be even poorer and have it worse than them and that’s the way to do it. Culture war at its best. 
And by the way all the news reporting that either side is winning in fucking January can’t be taken seriously. Last time in January 2020 Trump was leading the race and the democrats were about to allegedly nominate Bernie. Cut to November and the outcome couldn’t have been any different. We shall see. 

What in the world is going on here? I’ve been reading snippets but not paying too much attention. This feels like the stuff of a civil war?

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Caitlyn is a dumb bitch who seeks validation from people she will never get it from.  I do pity her,  because she was born in a difficult time.  I understand (but do not forgive) the brainwashing that occurred for past decades, but she should not perpetuate the folly for those who come after her time.  She seems to be the problem now.

Trump shares video with image depicting Biden tied up in the back of a pickup truck

The former president has previously used violent images and rhetoric as he seeks a return to the White House.

Former President Donald Trump shared a video on social media Friday that included an image of President Joe Biden bound and restrained in the back of a pickup truck.

The 20-second video, which Trump indicated was taken Thursday in Long Island, New York, shows a truck emblazoned with "Trump 2024" and a large picture depicting Biden tied up and lying on his side.

Trump was in Long Island Thursday for the wake of fallen NYPD officer Jonathan Diller.

When reached for comment on the image in the video, Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said, "That picture was on the back of a pick up truck that was traveling down the highway." Cheung also accused "Democrats and crazed lunatics" of calling for violence against Trump and his family, arguing that "they are actually weaponizing the justice system against him."

Cheung pointed to comments by Biden in 2018, before he declared his candidacy, when he said that if he and Trump were in high school he'd "take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him" if he heard him demeaning women.

Biden campaign spokesman Michael Tyler slammed Trump for posting the video.

"This image from Donald Trump is the type of crap you post when you’re calling for a bloodbath or when you tell the Proud Boys to ‘stand back and stand by,'" Tyler said in a statement. "Trump is regularly inciting political violence and it’s time people take him seriously — just ask the Capitol Police officers who were attacked protecting our democracy on January 6."

The White House referred questions about the video to the campaign.

Trump has previously used violent imagery and rhetoric, both in his 2024 presidential campaign and before.

On March 16, he vowed that there would be a “bloodbath” if he was not re-elected, while speaking about the economy. Last year, before his numerous indictments, Trump warned about "potential death and destruction" if he were to be charged in the Manhattan district attorney's hush money case against him.

He also shared an article on Truth Social that had an image of him with a baseball bat near Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's head. The post was deleted.

More recently, Trump used his Truth Social platform to go after Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the hush money case, as well as the judge's daughter after being hit with a partial gag order.

Trump faces four criminal indictments for charges related to allegations of election interference, mishandling classified documents and falsifying business records related to hush money payments. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-shares-image-depicting-biden-tied-back-pickup-truck-rcna145712

Video of hog-tied Biden on truck sparks outrage. (Screengrab from the video)

On 3/31/2024 at 7:02 PM, Camacho said:

She's a moron. It's been the Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009. Biden didn't invent it. Also, Easter moves dates every year. 

I can't handle the stupidity anymore.

19 hours ago, Nightshade said:

She's a moron. It's been the Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009. Biden didn't invent it. Also, Easter moves dates every year. 

I can't handle the stupidity anymore.

Exactly.  Another idiot who is a disgrace to the people she claims to be fighting for.   Has every fact wrong and is crawling to the MAGA crowd who would detest everything transgender.  

On 4/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, Kurt420 said:

Trump shares video with image depicting Biden tied up in the back of a pickup truck

The former president has previously used violent images and rhetoric as he seeks a return to the White House.

Former President Donald Trump shared a video on social media Friday that included an image of President Joe Biden bound and restrained in the back of a pickup truck.

The 20-second video, which Trump indicated was taken Thursday in Long Island, New York, shows a truck emblazoned with "Trump 2024" and a large picture depicting Biden tied up and lying on his side.

Trump was in Long Island Thursday for the wake of fallen NYPD officer Jonathan Diller.

When reached for comment on the image in the video, Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said, "That picture was on the back of a pick up truck that was traveling down the highway." Cheung also accused "Democrats and crazed lunatics" of calling for violence against Trump and his family, arguing that "they are actually weaponizing the justice system against him."

Cheung pointed to comments by Biden in 2018, before he declared his candidacy, when he said that if he and Trump were in high school he'd "take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him" if he heard him demeaning women.

Biden campaign spokesman Michael Tyler slammed Trump for posting the video.

"This image from Donald Trump is the type of crap you post when you’re calling for a bloodbath or when you tell the Proud Boys to ‘stand back and stand by,'" Tyler said in a statement. "Trump is regularly inciting political violence and it’s time people take him seriously — just ask the Capitol Police officers who were attacked protecting our democracy on January 6."

The White House referred questions about the video to the campaign.

Trump has previously used violent imagery and rhetoric, both in his 2024 presidential campaign and before.

On March 16, he vowed that there would be a “bloodbath” if he was not re-elected, while speaking about the economy. Last year, before his numerous indictments, Trump warned about "potential death and destruction" if he were to be charged in the Manhattan district attorney's hush money case against him.

He also shared an article on Truth Social that had an image of him with a baseball bat near Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's head. The post was deleted.

More recently, Trump used his Truth Social platform to go after Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the hush money case, as well as the judge's daughter after being hit with a partial gag order.

Trump faces four criminal indictments for charges related to allegations of election interference, mishandling classified documents and falsifying business records related to hush money payments. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-shares-image-depicting-biden-tied-back-pickup-truck-rcna145712

Video of hog-tied Biden on truck sparks outrage. (Screengrab from the video)

Surely Americans can see how unhinged, dangerous and revolting Trump is.  The fact that he still has so many followers is frightening. 

• 3 weeks later...