Biden / U.S. Politics thread

Camacho

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The guy is a little bit dumb. Isn't he? His suggestion is to flee to Europe? A place where most so called conservatives are more liberal than the Democrats. Well, he may be talking about Hungary or Poland?

when we listen to the american democrats talk in europe...they sound super "fascist"🤣 I´m not saying they are, but some of their ideas are very radical for us (radical, in a right winged radical way)

On 7/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, promise to try said:

when we listen to the american democrats talk in europe...they sound super "fascist"🤣 I´m not saying they are, but some of their ideas are very radical for us (radical, in a right winged radical way)

There's a segment of the Democratic party that sounds that way, yes. But it's a much smaller percentage than what the vast majority of Republicans sound like these days. That party has gone so batshit crazy that it's astonishing HOW many people still vote for it. 

On 7/19/2023 at 8:16 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The guy is a little bit dumb. Isn't he? His suggestion is to flee to Europe? A place where most so called conservatives are more liberal than the Democrats. Well, he may be talking about Hungary or Poland?

There are some very dangerous right wing parties in EU, lets not kid ourselves. Id argue they are MORE dangerous than the republicans, because if left alone, they could push for the next EU country exiting the EU. Having many European countries that quarrel among themselves is a very dark situation, if history is any indication. At the same time republicans may be crazy, but USA is still one country. Its time for United States of Europe!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Camacho said:

Of course they are. Good luck with that. 

If nepotism was a crime, the prisons would be overflowing white collar yuppies. And that's mostly what this is. Was there some shady shit going on with Hunter? For sure. Impeachable? Not even close.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 9:06 PM, VictorMarques said:

Do tou guys think Biden will be re-elected?

If I had to answer today: No, I don't think so. 

Trumps support is rock solid. Biden's support is squishy. The rage on the other side - at this point - is likely put him over the top. I think it's incredibly dangerous to underestimate Trump. He's over performed the polls in two national elections and his base is so white hot with anger over these indictments that they'll move heaven and earth to vote for him. 

But.... Biden too, has been underestimated. He won the nomination and the presidency and his party VASTLY overperformed in the midterms. 

So if I had to answer if he'll be re-elected NEXT November? It's a total coin toss. Both of these men are one fall, trip, gaff, lawsuit, investigation, or camera freeze from winning or losing in 2024. PLUS - RFK is launching an independent bid for President. Throw in Cornell West who's running in the Green Party and you have one of the wildest and most unpredictable U.S Presidential races we may see in decades. 

Next year is going to be awful. 

19 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

If I had to answer today: No, I don't think so. 

Trumps support is rock solid. Biden's support is squishy. The rage on the other side - at this point - is likely put him over the top. I think it's incredibly dangerous to underestimate Trump. He's over performed the polls in two national elections and his base is so white hot with anger over these indictments that they'll move heaven and earth to vote for him. 

But.... Biden too, has been underestimated. He won the nomination and the presidency and his party VASTLY overperformed in the midterms. 

So if I had to answer if he'll be re-elected NEXT November? It's a total coin toss. Both of these men are one fall, trip, gaff, lawsuit, investigation, or camera freeze from winning or losing in 2024. PLUS - RFK is launching an independent bid for President. Throw in Cornell West who's running in the Green Party and you have one of the wildest and most unpredictable U.S Presidential races we may see in decades. 

Next year is going to be awful. 

Thank you guys. We are very concerned here in Brazil and afraid with a possible Trump's return. Hope Biden can manage the economy well and get a lot of support.

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 5:06 AM, VictorMarques said:

Do tou guys think Biden will be re-elected?

nope..they will replace him with Gavin Newsom  .. another charlatan. 

Anybody with decency will ask for a better candidate than this botoxed demented mummy with sings of brain deterioration who is selling arms to genocides. From the point of view of international politics, he’s worse than Trump. I wish US people had a better democrat candidate.

Nobody is ever satisfied with any president. By the end people were calling Obama a war mongering terrorist, Bush was a terrorist, Clinton was.....Clinton...lol, Bush number 1 was a war monger etc etc etc.....maybe if we go back to Kennedy can we get to someone where most people collectively "like" him but we saw what it took for that to happen. The point is, it's a dirty job where you have to make decisions none of us will ever understand and no matter what there will always be people that are on the short end of the stick. This isn't necessarily commentary on the present situation just a generalization. I just notice this same conversation happens with every single president and most other world leaders as well. Everyone is all about them til they hate them. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Nobody is ever satisfied with any president. By the end people were calling Obama a war mongering terrorist, Bush was a terrorist, Clinton was.....Clinton...lol, Bush number 1 was a war monger etc etc etc.....maybe if we go back to Kennedy can we get to someone where most people collectively "like" him but we saw what it took for that to happen. The point is, it's a dirty job where you have to make decisions none of us will ever understand and no matter what there will always be people that are on the short end of the stick. This isn't necessarily commentary on the present situation just a generalization. I just notice this same conversation happens with every single president and most other world leaders as well. Everyone is all about them til they hate them. 🤷‍♂️

Dude he is the only president in the world along Israel who opposed LAST WEEK in the UNO to declare a ceasefire in Palestine after more than 10.000 CHILDREN dead. And send more bombs the next daysHe’s a psychopath at the same stage as Bush. Children are being killed with US taxpayer money.

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Dude he is the only president in the world along Israel who opposed in the UNO to declare a ceasefire in Palestine after more than 10.00 CHILDREN dead. He’s a psychopath at the same stage as Bush. 

I think it's bullshit too. I don't agree with that decision and declaring ceasefire is the right thing to do. However, I think it's more complex than just he's a psychopath. I may not agree with his decision but I truly don't think he's a bad person at his core. There are so many other factors at play. 

On 12/14/2023 at 8:16 AM, GOD said:

good but it wont pass the senate unfortunately

It's good that an impeachment with no evidence won't pass the Senate?? They're proceeding with an inquiry and hoping they'll find what they need later. That's not good. Tbh this is the shit that scares me. You have half of the country that legitimately wants a dictatorship and the other half that's so frustrated with everything they just want to burn the whole damn house down no matter the cost.

Bye bye Democracy. It was fun huh?

tumblr_pjsptvNhNa1xw3jjro3_540.gifv

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

I think it's bullshit too. I don't agree with that decision and declaring ceasefire is the right thing to do. However, I think it's more complex than just he's a psychopath. I may not agree with his decision but I truly don't think he's a bad person at his core. There are so many other factors at play. 

Only a very bad person says Palestinians should “be more careful” not to be killed while he’s selling the so called “dumb bombs”, which fall indiscriminately on the civilians. He is absolutely evil, no matter if his opponent is deranged Trump or not. 

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Mossad must have a huge file on Hunter Biden.

God knows i loathe the politicians in my country (even more after working with them) but i would be desperate if i were american and had to chose between two evils. Democracy is a joke.

Especially USA. Their foreign policies are simply a horror for humanity. Kissinger alone was devil on earth 

12 hours ago, karbatal said:

Especially USA. Their foreign policies are simply a horror for humanity. Kissinger alone was devil on earth 

I don't disagree with you, but every superpower would do what's best for them. There are no good alternatives even if the U.S. wasn't as prominent as it is. China? Russia? Those foreign policies would be even worse (IMO).

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I don't disagree with you, but every superpower would do what's best for them. There are no good alternatives even if the U.S. wasn't as prominent as it is. China? Russia? Those foreign policies would be even worse (IMO).

Yes but the other two are dictatorships or oligarchy without any respect for human rights. And they don’t give lessons around about democracy and human rights. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Yes but the other two are dictatorships or oligarchy without any respect for human rights. And they don’t give lessons around about democracy and human rights. 

It begs the question: Who would you rather be the global superpower? It's one thing to complain and another to offer an alternative. I am not justifying anything the U.S. does, and I actually don't think a majority of U.S. citizens are ok with killing civilians, but I am not sure what the answer is. I don't know Biden, but I don't think he's cheering the deaths of anyone. I don't know any government in the history of this planet that hasn't killed people. I think it's just an unfortunate reality.

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

It begs the question: Who would you rather be the global superpower? It's one thing to complain and another to offer an alternative. I am not justifying anything the U.S. does, and I actually don't think a majority of U.S. citizens are ok with killing civilians, but I am not sure what the answer is. I don't know Biden, but I don't think he's cheering the deaths of anyone. I don't know any government in the history of this planet that hasn't killed people. I think it's just an unfortunate reality.

Problem is what they do to remain the status and the billionaire incomes. Iraq was destroyed and up to 200.000 people died so the billionaires could get more easily oil and Halliburton got billions with the reconstruction. And this is only one example. 

On 12/18/2023 at 3:29 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Mossad must have a huge file on Hunter Biden.

God knows i loathe the politicians in my country (even more after working with them) but i would be desperate if i were american and had to chose between two evils. Democracy is a joke.

This 

I’m really worried when people create a false equivalency between Biden and the orange fascist because they are not the same. Not even remotely in the same ballpark. One may be a politician with some questionable policies you can debate. The other one will end democracy and be a proper dictator. Just me two cents. 

50 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I’m really worried when people create a false equivalency between Biden and the orange fascist because they are not the same. Not even remotely in the same ballpark. One may be a politician with some questionable policies you can debate. The other one will end democracy and be a proper dictator. Just me two cents. 

Perfectly stated. It's sad that this is what it's come to but it is what it is. I agree we need new blood and more progressive policies but when we're less than a year from an election where one of the candidates is literally saying he will be a dictator "only on day one....and two" 🙄 ....oh and he already tried to overthrow an election previously.....then it's really time to put things into perspective and for lack of a better phrase, fall in line.

It's getting really old electing the "less of two evils" vs. a really GREAT candidate but that's where we are now. Besides, in this current climate NOBODY would agree on what a "great candidate" is. The "right" considers Biden's policies to be "extreme" while the "left" doesn't consider him at all progressive enough. Does a great candidate really exist? Has a great candidate EVER existed? In a country of 350 million people and a world with billions of people a huge chunk of people will always be fucked in some way. It's depressing to think about really.