Burn the masks!

Morons. Wilfully ignorant morons.

The future looks bright for those kids!

I bet you could show them the Mardi Gras parade we had in Sydney last night with 37k spectators where no-one has to wear a mask because the risk is so low here with 0 community transmission for well over a month, and they still couldn't understand what's to gain by doing their bit to stop the spread. There's no place in society for people like this. 

I don't know if we'll get out of this with any idealism left. It's been so dangerous, so deleterious. Every day I've been dumbfounded by acts of defiant, determined obliviousness and entitlement.

This is crazy but it shouldn't get in the way of legitimate discussion about masks, for starters that they're a disaster for our environment and oceans. I know some people who buy boxes of 100 and go through one every day. :crazy:

I unfollowed Salim (SLAM) from BAT for smugly giving love and support to the Texas Governor for lifting all restrictions and mask mandates in his insta stories. The lack of empathy for the greater good always saddens me. He felt so compelled to use his platform for that. 

4 hours ago, MadFan said:

This is crazy but it shouldn't get in the way of legitimate discussion about masks, for starters that they're a disaster for our environment and oceans. I know some people who buy boxes of 100 and go through one every day. :crazy:

Surgery masks are to be changed every day

24 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Surgery masks are to be changed every day

And that has a much different environmental impact when it's only surgeons vs when it's the entire population of the world. They've already shown how many masks are being littered and going into our oceans. It's terrible.

Humanity's laziness to continue to trash the environment sucks, but it doesn't negate the necessity of masks. These are not normal times. Humanity is literally in survival mode. Masks are needed. Then again, I've never understood folks who are just too lazy to actually place their trash in an actual receptacle, as well as learn to use washable, reusable cloth masks.

13 hours ago, MadFan said:

And that has a much different environmental impact when it's only surgeons vs when it's the entire population of the world. They've already shown how many masks are being littered and going into our oceans. It's terrible.

Yes. They should be disposed correctly. 

But the mask is not to blame.

I use FPP2 because they last longer. 

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Humanity's laziness to continue to trash the environment sucks, but it doesn't negate the necessity of masks. These are not normal times. Humanity is literally in survival mode. Masks are needed. Then again, I've never understood folks who are just too lazy to actually place their trash in an actual receptacle, as well as learn to use washable, reusable cloth masks.

I'm not sure if cloth masks work properly. They don't adjust correctly.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I'm not sure if cloth masks work properly. They don't adjust correctly.

Yes, they do. It also depends on the design of the mask. Every company/manufacturer is different, as well as depending on the shape/size of your own face.

Personally, I find regular disposable surgical masks to not fit so well, particularly on the sides of the face. In which you can double tie the side strings to create a more fitted feel...and which is why I double layer now, with one of those first, then a more fitted cloth mask on top. If I'm in a situation where I want even more protection, I'll wear a disposable KN95 underneath the cloth, which is very fitted to the face.

12 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Yes, they do. It also depends on the design of the mask. Every company/manufacturer is different, as well as depending on the shape/size of your own face.

Personally, I find regular disposable surgical masks to not fit so well, particularly on the sides of the face. In which you can double tie the side strings to create a more fitted feel...and which is why I double layer now, with one of those first, then a more fitted cloth mask on top. If I'm in a situation where I want even more protection, I'll wear a disposable KN95 underneath the cloth, which is very fitted to the face.

Yeah KN95 are the ones I use. 

I've never worn surgery ones because I find them useless.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:30 AM, boy skeffington said:

I unfollowed Salim (SLAM) from BAT for smugly giving love and support to the Texas Governor for lifting all restrictions and mask mandates in his insta stories. The lack of empathy for the greater good always saddens me. He felt so compelled to use his platform for that. 

I can never understand that 😢 I see all the heartbreaking deaths of covid victims in America on the news and can’t understand the resistance to trying to halt the virus. It is so heartless and brainless. 

On 3/8/2021 at 3:15 AM, VogueMusic said:

No we're not. Orangutans are in survival mode - humanity will be just fine.