Madame X album general discussion

Madame x is a Masterpiece! ... spectacular ... is everything I expected from this álbum  and much more.. I can not be happier and proud of Madonna! 

😍

it is a jewel..

God control (Omg) :yowza:  

In general everything is wonderful ()except the songs with Maluma).. 

8 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

Madame x is a Masterpiece! ... spectacular ... is everything I expected from this álbum  and much more.. I can not be happier and proud of Madonna! 

😍

it is a jewel..

God control (Omg) :yowza:  

In general everything is wonderful ()except the songs with Maluma).. 

Bite your tongue  

tumblr_lk39ftOpf91qj28qwo1_r1_500.gif

It’s a very good album. I’m intrigued by the rumors of a second album and a arena/stadium world tour. Someone said expect the unexpected or there’s more surprises to come. I hope the surprises are mind blowing. 

3 minutes ago, topdog said:

It’s a very good album. I’m intrigued by the rumors of a second album and a arena/stadium world tour. Someone said expect the unexpected or there’s more surprises to come. I hope the surprises are mind blowing. 

it seems strange to me that she doesn't go on tour in the states that have most influenced this album, but I think it's impossible for her to announce anything now. until March she is busy with Madame X and I am sure that the ballerina movie as a director is still in her mind

1 hour ago, topdog said:

What's this now? Have I missed something during my two-day "Madame X" binge?

1 hour ago, topdog said:

Wait, what rumor? 😱

12 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Wait, what rumor? 😱

A little while back I think @Mensch was talking to an insider who was giving him some info about the God Control music video where he got to see some stuff and the insider said there was a second album ready to go. But I could be remembering this very wrong, so I apologize in advance for anything misremembered. 

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

This album is the highest rated of all time on Metacritic by users.. 9.2. A lot of people love it. I see a lot of love on youtube as well. It may not be the album for everyone, (it's left field, autotune can be off putting to some) but the experimentation and exploration is being very well received.

It is going VERY well, as good as I hoped. Madonna was also dancing on Instagram about being #1 again. :clap:

3 hours ago, Icykiller said:

I think M got the world used to her experimentations ever since Erotica. Suddenly, in between COAD and HC she switched gears, and appeared to be chasing a True Blue kind of album again: chart-ready behemots and fillers. Sadly the chart toppers never appeared. MX is a very different album to HC, MDNA and RH. She owns the genres she borrows from, which is to me one of her most valuable skills. 

You're so right with your last sentence.

1 hour ago, TXIII said:

A little while back I think @Mensch was talking to an insider who was giving him some info about the God Control music video where he got to see some stuff and the insider said there was a second album ready to go. But I could be remembering this very wrong, so I apologize in advance for anything misremembered. 

I saw a clip of the video, yes and some guy I met claimed that he knew that there would be a follow up album soon after

image.png

In the video for Dark Ballet, a veiled Madonna. She had always jogged our imaginations with her lyrics. With Madame X, Madonna took the time to produce countless, priceless messages loaded with symbolism. She pulled it off like no other artist could. We are enjoying her most unique collection.

MADONNAMAN X

1 hour ago, TXIII said:

I think a world tour after with a greatest hit collection could be a great option but I think she still have in her mind the movie she want to direct. Let’s see ! 

7 hours ago, Nikki said:

This album is the highest rated of all time on Metacritic by users.. 9.2. A lot of people love it. I see a lot of love on youtube as well. It may not be the album for everyone, (it's left field, autotune can be off putting to some) but the experimentation and exploration is being very well received.

The highest rated album of all time by any artist or Madonna? :blink:

3 hours ago, topdog said:

Wow

Who mentioned this?

Now I'm even more excited and intrigued

😍🤩😋

28 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love this. Especially his reactions to: God Control, Bitch I’m Loca, I Don’t Search I Find, Looking for Mercy...

I think we all had the same reaction when we heard the choir and then when the strings kicked in for "God Control". :lol::wow:

Not gonna lie, I was ready to give up on this era, but I'm loving a lot on this album. I need remixes and videos for I Don't Search, God Control and Killers Partying.

1 hour ago, Rock said:

The highest rated album of all time by any artist or Madonna? :blink:

of all time by any artist. it's odd, there's like 800+ plus reviews, so like i don't think it's us forumers propping up the score right lol? 

35 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

So we got a brilliant album with no mixing problems this time around right? If there’s any I can’t notice. 

just the pop right before every time she sings "my cravings get dangerous." 

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

So we got a brilliant album with no mixing problems this time around right? If there’s any I can’t notice. 

I'm interested to know about this as well, can't notice from the stream

8 hours ago, Mensch said:

I saw a clip of the video, yes and some guy I met claimed that he knew that there would be a follow up album soon after

OMG perhaps when the tour kicks in? That would be awesome.

Everything about this record is so perfect.  I was initially worried by the reports that there was no consistent sound, and some of the collabs were questionable to me - but what im struck by is how solid it is as an album experience. It draws on various world music, but there is an atmospheric vibe to the record which i feel has been missing from her work since Confessions (possibly Hard Candy, but i dont think it necessarily worked on that record).

God Control wasn't what i expected, it felt disjointed on first listen, but now i cant stop listening. Killers similarly was not what i was expecting, but i love it. i don't find the lyrics cringey at all - quite the opposite, i think the whole track is beautiful.

Batuka is incredible. Those dramatic synths from Mirwais are everything, and the string outro is just mind blowing. 

I think Crazy and Come Alive were the unexpected highlights for me. As has been said Come Alive is Body Shop on steroids (and i loooooved body shop). That finial minute of Come Alive is as incredible an outro to a madonna song as i've heard.

Every song has something of quality in it for me. My main criticism is that i really dont think Faz Gostoso and Bitch Im Loca should have made the main album. They are good songs, but one is a pretty faithful cover version (although i do admit its a great track), the other doesnt really go anywhere, nor fit on the record. Had she gone straight from Extreme Occident to I don't Search I Find, it would have flowed much better, and made the album a solid 10/10 for me.