Madame X album general discussion

What she has achieved with this album is phenomenal . So many great songs in just only an album ,if it was the 80s she could release 10 singles and all with great success 

4 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

What she has achieved with this album is phenomenal . So many great songs in just only an album ,if it was the 80s she could release 10 singles and all with great success 

At 60 years old. Still making cutting edge pop music. She blows my mind. 

My God, this album is massive. After reading everyone’s positive impressions I thought I knew what to expect, but this is so much more...I need to lay down.

I cannot  stop listening.

I'm really proud of being Madonna's fan because she was able to connect us through this amazing album.

Everything is connected. We are all connected.

Thank you Madonna. Thank you Madame X.

9 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I'm really proud of being Madonna's fan because she was able to connect us through this amazing album.

Beautifully said! 😊

19 minutes ago, side_streets said:

well said  😉 

image.png

Madonna continues to entertain us in this MADAME X era. How powerful her message is. She definitely waited until everything was right. We are all benefiting from that with this new album.

MADONNAMAN X

Can we discuss that this is her most perfectly sequenced album since Confessions or maybe American Life?  The bold, experimental opening half, followed by the release of Crave and Crazy, then the mild experimentalism of Come Alive and Extreme Occident leading into the total jams Faz and Loca, followed by the brilliant home stretch.

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Can we discuss that this is her most perfectly sequenced album since Confessions or maybe American Life?  The bold, experimental opening half, followed by the release of Crave and Crazy, then the mild experimentalism of Come Alive and Extreme Occident leading into the total jams Faz and Loca, followed by the brilliant home stretch.

I would say since Hard Candy. Amazing album.

My new holy trinity.

Madame X is the daughter of American Life and Ray of Light.

It's a great journey from 'I took a pill and had a dream...' to 'we'll rise up, we can get it together'

DoMYrK4UYAA4Xut copy 2.jpg

OK, that was yesterday... today, The standard version is currently $5 and that says it's for a limited time as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Madame-X-Madonna/dp/B07QMPK4K3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=madame+x&qid=1560652449&s=dmusic&smid=A17SFUTIVB227Z&sr=1-1

I honestly feel bad for the people buying a physical copy at any store other than Target and not having a clue that they are missing two gems.  The blonde cover is obviously the true album that represents Madonna’s vision, as it is the only one available on Spotify (at least in USA).  Also it was the version serviced to reviewers.

I love the lyrical references to Like A Prayer on this album.  I also love the shout out to Don’t Tell Me.  I love when she is self reflective and makes nods to the past, and I hope she continues this trend on future releases.

6 hours ago, sotos8 said:

How dare anyone compare this huuuuugeeeee album to RH ?

Some fans can love RH all they want and I too love many INDIVIDUAL songs there myself, I consider "Devil Pray", "Best Night", "Inside Out" to be some of her best works of all-time but the ALBUM, as a whole, is nowhere near Madame X in terms of being a well-constructed musical edifice.

RH is like a disjointed heretic temple that does offer many enjoyable spots, but has many problematic ones too, it's patchy and needs to be renovated. I actually hate "HeartBrokeShitty" or whatever the way it should be spelled and "Body Shop" is completely vomit-inducing. I had to delete many songs and basically was forced to create an album with songs they provided, it's like they gave you the materials, and you had to construct the building on your own. 

4 hours ago, poprock said:

I can't stop listening to Medellín! It blows my mind that it wasn't a more successful single. 

I don’t get it either. It’s on heavy rotation over here and my friends and i love it. The video is brilliant. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes! For me i feel it’s a natural progression on Ray of Light.  A sequel. In the sense of her growing and reflecting.  

4 hours ago, poprock said:

I can't stop listening to Medellín! It blows my mind that it wasn't a more successful single. 

Medellín is great and shouldn’t be forgotten now we have the entire album to enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Some fans can love RH all they want and I too love many INDIVIDUAL songs there myself, I consider "Devil Pray", "Best Night", "Inside Out" to be some of her best works of all-time but the ALBUM, as a whole, is nowhere near Madame X in terms of being a well-constructed musical edifice.

RH is like a disjointed heretic temple that does offer many enjoyable spots, but has many problematic ones too, it's patchy and needs to be renovated. I actually hate "HeartBrokeShitty" or whatever the way it should be spelled and "Body Shop" is completely vomit-inducing. I had to delete many songs and basically was forced to create an album with songs they provided, it's like they gave you the materials, and you had to construct the building on your own. 

i agree about the album as a whole but i love body shop. the vocals and production are great. it's a precursor to come alive. and i think the lyrics are cute/clever.

7 hours ago, sotos8 said:

You won’t see me tearing down RH to justify MX. Love them both and for different reasons.

8 hours ago, sotos8 said:

Am I the only one that reeeally loves it? Out of so many tracks only 3 or 4 are trend-chasing, and Living For Love is her most underrated single ever, would’ve been a classic if it was released in the 90s.  MDNA is the true stain in her discography, Rebel Heart is not.