MADAME X album reviews

Imagine asking David Letterman to review Madonna's album. 

I imagine that is the scenario here. ( i e with some of the reviewers ) 

Edited by miki

24 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It is!

Love this, I’m sure @Kurt420 will agree with this ;):

“Of course, Madonna has never been your average pop star. Though her music has deep roots in R&B and disco, she is, at heart, a rock auteur, with all of the inclinations toward upending the status quo and expressing a singular vision that designation implies.”

And how accurate is this?:

“Madonna has a reputation for being a trendsetter, but her true talent lies in bending those trends to her will, twisting them around until they’re barely recognizable, and creating something entirely new.”

This is the first time that I believe the reviewer actually gets her, is he a fan? This review is amazing in all forms. :wow:

Haha yes!!

So funny you bring this up because as I was reading Slant's review just now, I was thinking that this guy is reading my mind with a lot of what he said!! Love that he noticed the Motown vibe of Crazy as well....I was thinking how soulful her vocals are on that track and how no review (prior to Slant now) had really called that out. 

Fantastic review!! He's reviewing the music and not Madonna.....which is somewhat of a rarity these days. 

18 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Haha yes!!

So funny you bring this up because as I was reading Slant's review just now, I was thinking that this guy is reading my mind with a lot of what he said!! Love that he noticed the Motown vibe of Crazy as well....I was thinking how soulful her vocals are on that track and how no review (prior to Slant now) had really called that out. 

Fantastic review!! He's reviewing the music and not Madonna.....which is somewhat of a rarity these days. 

And the music he is reviewing is all madonna ☺️

7 minutes ago, fandonna said:

they have given 4.5/5

maybe 90? great! 

absolutely amazing review. At last they get it.

Just now, justinian said:

They also find it bizarre 😂

:lol:

The fact this word keeps coming up in so many reviews proves this is an M album on another level.

I too find it bizarre at times but to me that's a compliment. I LOVE when Madonna does bizarre. The Music album was a little bizarre back in 2000 as well!

Does anyone have that picture of the album cover with the stars under it, I can't find it. Want to send it to a friend of mine to show all the 4 star reviews ☺ maybe it can be updated while we are at it.

Hopefully Slant and MusicOMH will elevate her score on Meta:

I still have a good feeling about the reviews from Mojo, AllMusicGuide, and PopMatters, all of which count for Meta.

Hopefully Spin, Attitude, Boston Globe, and Chicago Tribune will be positive.

Who knows about Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, and The AV Club?

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Hopefully Slant and MusicOMH will elevate her score on Meta:

I still have a good feeling about the reviews from Mojo, AllMusicGuide, and PopMatters, all of which count for Meta.

Hopefully Spin, Attitude, Boston Globe, and Chicago Tribune will be positive.

Who knows about Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, and The AV Club?

Slant was added on MC already. It got her score to 78.