MADAME X album reviews

9 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 Myself and all my friends only watch movies based on meta critic/rotten tomatoes reviews also 

Why though? It baffles me that this is how people choose what to see/listen to. Why not go off your interest and instinct?

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I would be surprised if it stayed above 75.

You are predicting it will go under 75, eben with pending reviews?

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

You are predicting it will go under 75, eben with pending reviews?

I hope it won't.

But some publications such as Pitchfork or AV club don't show a lot of affection to Madonna, but who knows they might change their mind this time.

That Uncut review was terrible, but I'm not surprised.

Fingers crossed for 80% reviews. 😊

I just can't imagine giving reviews so much power that they dictate what I see or how I feel. I couldn't imagine closing myself off to things, or thinking I 'should' like something because of a bunch of opinions from no one I even know. Not to say constructive critique (particularly from those knowledgeable on the subject) isn't a necessary part of the arts, and word of mouth from people you know and trust is another, but putting so much into it that I no longer think for myself, or allow my own curiosity to drive what I want to see/do/hear/experience...is just, bizarre, to me. And I can't understand why so many fall into that. So many great works have never been understood or liked or approved by 'critics'... what a way to miss out. And some of the stuff constantly praised does absolutely nothing for me. Maybe it's because I've never really been a fan of gatekeepers.

6 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Maybe I'll ask her tonight what score do you hope metacritic will give you? 

🤣 brill! 

23 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I just can't imagine giving reviews so much power that they dictate what I see or how I feel. I couldn't imagine closing myself off to things, or thinking I 'should' like something because of a bunch of opinions from no one I even know. Not to say constructive critique (particularly from those knowledgeable on the subject) isn't a necessary part of the arts, and word of mouth from people you know and trust is another, but putting so much into it that I no longer think for myself, or allow my own curiosity to drive what I want to see/do/hear/experience...is just, bizarre, to me. And I can't understand why so many fall into that. So many great works have never been understood or liked or approved by 'critics'... what a way to miss out. And some of the stuff constantly praised does absolutely nothing for me. Maybe it's because I've never really been a fan of gatekeepers.

Great post although I would apply these same sentiments to the charts.  I love good reviews for Madonna, but they wouldn’t affect my opinion for one second.  American Life and LAP are my faves.  One was acclaimed and one was not.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Great post although I would apply these same sentiments to the charts.  I love good reviews for Madonna, but they wouldn’t affect my opinion for one second.  American Life and LAP are my faves.  One was acclaimed and one was not.

I do.

From Brazil’s most important newspaper. 4/5

X-Tudo is a large cheeseburger with all sorts of things in it. And Tudo (everything) is sometimes used informally as an adjective, too: Este CD é tudo = This CD is everything. 

51011F42-3B55-47CF-9247-43510D6A5944.jpeg

5 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

From Brazil’s most important newspaper. 4/5

X-Tudo is a large cheeseburger with all sorts of things in it. And Tudo (everything) is sometimes used informally as an adjective, too: Este CD é tudo = This CD is everything. 

51011F42-3B55-47CF-9247-43510D6A5944.jpeg

Que tudo😍

1 hour ago, domyeyebrows said:

Why though? It baffles me that this is how people choose what to see/listen to. Why not go off your interest and instinct?

Cz every movie rated as shite has been shite...basically if it’s got an overall score of 60% or above we will seriously consider watching...

6 minutes ago, alquemist said:

@Geiger83 Here we go! great review

95BAE97D-BABB-4FD8-B59D-D73A1D041ED2.jpeg

F811DD11-4A90-4A9F-B9DC-98B25A2FC00B.jpeg

Supi! Danke!

Edit: ok, Dark Ballet, single? Ansonsten eine richtige tolle Kritik. Endlich! Und gedruckt!

22DDFEA9-A5D4-4DE5-8CF4-371E2262FC29.jpeg

Edited by Geiger83

Just now, alquemist said:

On the cover of a magazine:

F66BD412-3CAD-4A24-B263-AB2CCDD727B0.jpeg

22DDFEA9-A5D4-4DE5-8CF4-371E2262FC29.jpeg

Wow! Super!!!

6 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

It's used a lot in Stan wars they can claim she's never had a metacritic score over 90, even though LAP and ROL would have been

And yet as a whole, Madonna is the most critically acclaimed Female artist in music history

2 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 Myself and all my friends only watch movies based on meta critic/rotten tomatoes reviews also 

True. It might be wrong thing to do, but a lot of ppl (like most) do it. I mean if smth is rated over 7 = in most instances is considered good and ppl geerally would give it a chance . Plus, for example, the positive hype of A Star Is Born pretty much revived Gs career, though the film was a bore itself.

Also, the universal hype of ROL pretty much guaranteed its success.

I’ve always heard people refer to Rotten Tomatoes for movie scores/reviews, and I feel movies are less subjective than music (although still subjective). Metacritic omits  só many important publications and counts some really bullshit ones. People in here are giving it way too much credit. 

3 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Well then your part of the problem lol. There are so many good albums and movies that have low or average metacritic scores.

5 hours ago, fandonna said:

but metacritic is one of sources that people use to criticize albums. we need a good score. if madame x gets under 70, this will be treated like rebel heart. we might need time that critics would reevalute some day the way they did with American Life.

The capital Fucks I give ....sorrynotsorry

2 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Cz every movie rated as shite has been shite...basically if it’s got an overall score of 60% or above we will seriously consider watching...

What about politics ..? Did you usually find your country ruled by the ones you ve been voting for ? Anyway hope you enjoy the music

3 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Some of you need to go on a marketing course #armchairmusicexecutives 

you need to learn to appreciate yours( ound)elf out of the noise....it s a unique experience .