"Crave" thread (2nd single)

Madonna today released the empowering and anthemic ballad “I Rise,” the second track of five songs to be previewed before her highly-anticipated new studio album Madame X debuts globally on June 14th. Following the release of the critically-acclaimed “Medellín,” additional songs to be shared with fans include the infectious pop gem “Crave” featuring Swae Lee and produced by Mike Dean on May 10, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of “Future” featuring Quavo on May 17, as well as the sonically innovative “Dark Ballet” on June 7. Listen to “I Rise,” HERE.

Madonna says, “I wrote ‘I Rise’ as a way of giving a voice to all marginalized people who feel they don’t have the opportunity to speak their mind. This year is the 50th anniversary of Pride and I hope this song encourages all individuals to be who they are, to speak their minds and to love themselves.”

As previously announced, on May 4 GLAAD, the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization will honor Madonna with the Advocate for Change Award at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York City. Madonna is the second person and first woman to ever receive this recognition, which is awarded to a person who changed the game for LGBTQ people around the world through their work.

Influenced creatively by living in Lisbon, Portugal over the past several years, Madame X is a collection of 15 new songs that celebrate Madonna’s career-long affair with Latin music and culture as well as other global influences. Singing in Portuguese, Spanish and English, Madonna collaborated on Madame X with longtime producer Mirwais, as well as with producers Mike Dean and Diplo, among others.

NPR says, “Medellín is a carefully dosed combination of…coolly narcotic dance-pop…and energetic reggaetón,” while Entertainment Weekly declares the song is, “A breezy, summer-ready anthem…” NME calls Medellín a “self-reflective gem of a pop song” and The Guardian says, “Medellín is a potent reminder of Madonna’s deft history of meshing genres.” 

Madame X from Live Nation, Interscope Records and Maverick will come in a standard and deluxe version of the album and is now available for pre-order. Album pre-orders include a download of “Medellín” and “I Rise,” which is available across AppleSpotify (pre-save), Amazon and all DSPs. Further details regarding the album, videos and appearances will be announced in the coming weeks.

To that end, “Crave” with Swae Lee will become the de facto pop radio single upon its release, with an official music video to soon follow. Meanwhile, “Medellín” -- which received a global television launch across Viacom networks in April -- will continue being pushed in Latin markets. The decision to lead with “Medellín” instead of “Crave” came down to the belief that it was “the signature track to the body of work, and the right place to start telling the story,” says Thompson.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout

22 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

To that end, “Crave” with Swae Lee will become the de facto pop radio single upon its release, with an official music video to soon follow. Meanwhile, “Medellín” -- which received a global television launch across Viacom networks in April -- will continue being pushed in Latin markets. The decision to lead with “Medellín” instead of “Crave” came down to the belief that it was “the signature track to the body of work, and the right place to start telling the story,” says Thompson.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout

So Crave must be good cuz it was considered as a lead single. One more week!

2 hours ago, vertigokane said:

This article verifies that there will be Medellín remixes!

2 hours ago, vertigokane said:

Good to know, hope I like Crave!

17 minutes ago, Selena said:

Could this be crave?? 🤔 I am obsessed this song and guessing which one is it..🙈😂

This is midtempo song so I doubt it, sounds good.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, robster said:

okay, one last time, and I do hope people READ this time, because sometimes this forum feels like a broken record asking the same questions over and over again!!!

The info about Crave so far:

* Crave is the 2nd single
* Crave is a dance track, produced by Mirwais
* Crave will most likely have a disco feel to it (not 100% sure about this, but 95%)
* Crave will have a music video, the one shot in LA with the drag queens
* Chances are high that this will be performed at Eurovision (and thus be the controversial performance, rumoured earlier!)
* As confirmed by Madonna in a backstage interview at the BBMA’s, the song is about desire and longing!
* Crave has not been leaked yet! Nothing "leaked" from this album so far!

@Amelia 😘

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

So?  Same person who swore that a video was to appear on MTV,  the first week Medellin debuted. That never happened.  Much of this is just repeating what other fansites have posted.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

No.

Yes! Robster and others swore a new video was to appear that first week on MTV.  It didn't.

To be fair, a lot of us thought that the video was going to premiere with the song based on the promotion. If the insiders saw the same as us, they might've been confused too.

But go ahead, blame the people who has been giving us exclusive REAL info because just a 5% of what they said it's not accurate. Ugh.

15 hours ago, Selena said:

Could this be crave?? 🤔 I am obsessed this song and guessing which one is it..🙈😂

I think this is Mirwais produced, you can hear Mirwais’ voice in the background in this clip, and since the article stated that Crave is a Mike Dean produced track, I’m also thinking now that it’s not the disco track then...

7 hours ago, Amelia said:

So?  Same person who swore that a video was to appear on MTV,  the first week Medellin debuted. That never happened.  Much of this is just repeating what other fansites have posted.

Have a sit.

Information pours in from all over the place but the forum has good sources and some of it is rumour or glorified rumour.

I know personally I get lost in the bits of info about the album and songs that do come in.

This whole album/era has been immaculate in its secrecy so any seemingly new information that does come in is whipped up. 

I try my hardest in all my posts to use I think in my writing because it’s not fact, I know in the past I’ve been called out on passing things off as fact but it’s my excitement and expectation/wishful thinking, Madonna does afer all mean something different to each and every one of us.

But here we all are on the tails of a brand new era united as a fan army ready for all the Madame X glory to come....so I come unashamed to discuss, banter and debate what will be of this album/era with everyone else because like Madonna said in her Celebration notes every one of us matter.

♥️

It's so confusing who produced what track. The whole speculation that the drag queens video is for the disco track is only an assumption. 

2 hours ago, robster said:

I think this is Mirwais produced, you can hear Mirwais’ voice in the background in this clip, and since the article stated that Crave is a Mike Dean produced track, I’m also thinking now that it’s not the disco track then...

They are in Mike Dean's studio here^

To be fair I was kind of disappointed when I read that the song that'll be realeased as (promo) singles will almost all be featurings... but Swae Lee sounds good 🙂
I listened to "Guatemala" and I totally get why M would want to work with him on Madame X...

On 5/4/2019 at 4:41 AM, Ray Finkle said:

To be fair I was kind of disappointed when I read that the song that'll be realeased as (promo) singles will almost all be featurings... but Swae Lee sounds good 🙂
I listened to "Guatemala" and I totally get why M would want to work with him on Madame X...

just listened to it. sounds like every other auto-tuned male singer out right now. don't get it. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, karbatal said:

Is this source legit? Because my pussy hasn't got time for concertinas. 

Lmao!!!