Jump to content

"I Rise" thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

It’s actually unless you love them too. It makes a lot of sense. They can only hurt you if you love them. If you have no feelings for someone, whatever they say or do won’t hurt you, cause they are meaningless to you.

this...

but, I can see how some people might not get this since not everyone is able to not take things personally from people they don't care about or not know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have now listened to the song 13 times since it was released and loving it more with each play.  I can’t wait to hear it cap off the Madame X album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tuckeye said:

how do we see how many plays we played songs on spotify!?

I am not sure if you can.  I am just such a dork that I keep track in my head :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have time to read through the whole of this thread (I haven't dipped in here for some time, as @Jazzy Jan would know!) but like other, the more I listen to 'I Rise', the more I like it. 

 

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but I am sure the string samples in it come from the end part of the Inner Life track 'Make It Last Forever' (which features Jocelyn Brown on vocals). I am a bit of a 70s disco nerd, so am sure this is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, May 07, 2019 at 7:52 AM, Priceless said:

I really like her vocals on this track...the singing style, the layers, the effects, all of it. One of my favorite things about Madonna is her ability to sound like a completely different singer from album to album (and even track to track on the same album.) Pop critics love to talk about her reinventions but they never seem to quite grasp this aspect of it.

That's really insightful, thanks for sharing that.

I loved I Rise on first listen, but my enthusiasm has waned slightly on repeated listens. The opposite effect of Medellìn, where I was lukewarm at first and then loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else have this weird thing going on with itunes?  It downloaded I Rise just fine, but the artwork on it is only 600x600, not the usual large scale image you get with itunes (the image on Medellin was 2000x2000).  On the 'file' section of the song info, it doesn't show the copyright with the record company line at the bottom of that little window.

On the song info tab, it shows Medellin as 1 out of 14 songs, but the deluxe version has 15 (with I Rise) labelled as 15.

Weird.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

I don't have time to read through the whole of this thread (I haven't dipped in here for some time, as @Jazzy Jan would know!) but like other, the more I listen to 'I Rise', the more I like it. 

 

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but I am sure the string samples in it come from the end part of the Inner Life track 'Make It Last Forever' (which features Jocelyn Brown on vocals). I am a bit of a 70s disco nerd, so am sure this is the case.

I liked the song instantaneously. It is simple but full of small details. And I really like that is so strong and somehow dramatic. I just looked for the song you wrote about but I am not sure if is the same strings sampler, as the strings in I Rise play an ascending scale in the end of the long notes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My ranking of the 3  tracks so far ( and I love all 3 tracks but not equally ) 

1. Crave ( My ULTIMATE Summer Jam as of this moment ) 

2. Medellin ( Love and is a grower )

3. I Rise ( Love but it's fading for me ) 

I love I Rise but oddly I'm not listening to it as much anymore where as Crave is the song I feel like am going to enjoy for a loooooong time .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Butter9 said:

My ranking of the 3  tracks so far ( and I love all 3 tracks but not equally ) 

1. Crave ( My ULTIMATE Summer Jam as of this moment ) 

2. Medellin ( Love and is a grower )

3. I Rise ( Love but it's fading for me ) 

I love I Rise but oddly I'm not listening to it as much anymore where as Crave is the song I feel like am going to enjoy for a loooooong time .

My rankings as of right now:

1. I Rise

2. Crave

3. Medellin 

But, I am deeply loving all three for different reasons and depending on my mood. I can't stop listening to them all non stop. Medellin was at the top until today. Now I Rise is at the top. It's amazing how her songs can sink into you over time. I know you all know what I mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really “like” this song. I feel like I’m going to have to listen to the entire album to appreciate it. Especially since it’s the closer. (I can’t believe she released a closer as a “single”)

The production is sublime and is classic Mirwais and Madonna. Giving me all the nostalgia back when I first heard what they created on Music. 

This era is shaping up to be pretty special  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys I’ve made a conclusion for myself that Madame X is a completely 100% reinvented sound. Something M hasn’t done like ever. All these new songs catch us by surprise. Sometimes upon the first listen, it’s hard to even recognize that it’s our Madonna. And you know what? I’m totally here for it!! This is gonna be a cohesive, stand alone album, with her sound completely reinvented! I’m excited! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Katypatra said:

Guys I’ve made a conclusion for myself that Madame X is a completely 100% reinvented sound. Something M hasn’t done like ever. All these new songs catch us by surprise. Sometimes upon the first listen, it’s hard to even recognize that it’s our Madonna. And you know what? I’m totally here for it!! This is gonna be a cohesive, stand alone album, with her sound completely reinvented! I’m excited! 

Agree. We can expect the unexpected here. That didn't happen since American Life in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Guys I’ve made a conclusion for myself that Madame X is a completely 100% reinvented sound. Something M hasn’t done like ever. All these new songs catch us by surprise. Sometimes upon the first listen, it’s hard to even recognize that it’s our Madonna. And you know what? I’m totally here for it!! This is gonna be a cohesive, stand alone album, with her sound completely reinvented! I’m excited! 

 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Agree. We can expect the unexpected here. That didn't happen since American Life in my opinion

I agree. All three songs show the creativity and depth "Madame X" has taken. It's fascinating and to think we've only touched the surface. ✨✨💫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, karbatal said:

1. Medellín

2. I Rise

3. Crave

I’d put these in a similar order as well. But that’s probably because Medellín and I Rise had a chance to grow on me. Crave is a different kind of animal altogether. Not my type of musical genre, but M has made it her own, and it’s definitely growing on me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't heard Crave yet but so far would say

1. Medellin

2. I rise

Listening to them both non-stop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

The production is sublime and is classic Mirwais and Madonna. Giving me all the nostalgia back when I first heard what they created on Music. 

Mirwais had nothing to do with I Rise. But I agree, the production is amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

My rankings as of right now:

1. I Rise

2. Crave

3. Medellin 

But, I am deeply loving all three for different reasons and depending on my mood. I can't stop listening to them all non stop. Medellin was at the top until today. Now I Rise is at the top. It's amazing how her songs can sink into you over time. I know you all know what I mean. 

Same here . Depends on my my mood or even the weather ( we are at 41 C here in Thailand ). I love Crave because it has the most chill out vibe and is perfect for the summer .

Medellin is a song I keep coming back to but is not on repeat whereas I can listen to Crave 20 times in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I liked the song instantaneously. It is simple but full of small details. And I really like that is so strong and somehow dramatic. I just looked for the song you wrote about but I am not sure if is the same strings sampler, as the strings in I Rise play an ascending scale in the end of the long notes...

Thanks for that.  You know how your ear hears something in a song and it instantly reminds you of something else.  I did re-listen to 'Make It Last Forever' and you are right, the sounds are more ascending than descending.

 

'I Rise' is a tricky song.  Sounds simple in execution, however there are multiple layers that come in and provide the listener with more and more pleasures...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Agree. We can expect the unexpected here. That didn't happen since American Life in my opinion

And the more one listens to the songs we have heard, he more they reveal themselves as distinctly Madonna...but, different.  Loving it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...