Jump to content

Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion


Braby
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wish they’d just release one complete album with one photo (like she used to...TB, LAV, BS, E, ROL, LAP, IC, in fact all but the last 3) other photos could be included inside booklet...Target is the only place to get the Deluxe Blonde Braids all other stores will be the regular Dark Hair with MadameX over lips

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the UK, Too many Number 2 albums that should have been Number 1. I'm Breathless Erotica, Bedtime Stories, GHV2, Rebel Heart. The week of release in the UK we all need to ensure it is her 13th Number 1 album.The Beatles have 15 Number 1 albums. Hoping in the future she can match that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Aries said:

I wish they’d just release one complete album with one photo (like she used to...TB, LAV, BS, E, ROL, LAP, IC, in fact all but the last 3) other photos could be included inside booklet...Target is the only place to get the Deluxe Blonde Braids all other stores will be the regular Dark Hair with MadameX over lips

I agree. I miss the good ol' days when we had one album cover and one single at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Aries said:

I wish they’d just release one complete album with one photo (like she used to...TB, LAV, BS, E, ROL, LAP, IC, in fact all but the last 3) other photos could be included inside booklet...Target is the only place to get the Deluxe Blonde Braids all other stores will be the regular Dark Hair with MadameX over lips

No, there's also gonna be HMV in the UK and FNAC exclusive in France with the blonde cover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

No, there's also gonna be HMV in the UK and FNAC exclusive in France with the blonde cover.

Sorry I meant to say in the USA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Is there even a tour bundle in the UK too?

No.

Anyway, after a week of nothing, hopefully things kick up a gear this coming week. Top 5 for the album isn't even guaranteed at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Anyway, after a week of nothing, hopefully things kick up a gear this coming week. Top 5 for the album isn't even guaranteed at this point.

Seriously? Wow that would be insane. Isn’t she supposed to do Graham? Shouldn’t this push her into the top 5 at least?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

so what's gonna happen to m's sales when they're gonna stop itunes?

People will just go to Amazon etc or stream. I don't buy from iTunes like many others as you don't get an MP3 file. Actually you're renting a file from Apple which is why so many people have problems playing songs on other devices.

Everyone will be affected too. Not just M.

But yes, a lot of competition for M. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

People will just go to Amazon etc or stream. I don't buy from iTunes like many others as you don't get an MP3 file. Actually you're renting a file from Apple which is why so many people have problems playing songs on other devices.

Everyone will be affected too. Not just M.

But yes, a lot of competition for M. 

so what about the pre orders?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

so what's gonna happen to m's sales when they're gonna stop itunes?

Apple is not erasing  iTunes from existence, they will merge the ITunes Store with the Apple Music streaming service and then on the streaming platform they will give you the option to buy the song/album.

and I doubt that will happen this June 14, they will save the debut for the new iOS in mid-September with the new iPhone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont at all be surprised if this barely makes the top 5 in both the US and UK. 😕 Just NO more #2s please lol. Hope Im super surprised but not expecting #1. It will in some major or semi major countries but don't think it'll happen in the US/UK. Yes, M obviously has and will forever have a hardcore dedicated base but every middle aged and baby boomer straight white guy and women are buying Springsteen that week. Almost no doubt Springsteen will do better in both markets and the Jones Brothers (at least in the US) could easily have a stronger than expected second week #s. Sucker is KILLING it on radio and is actually a good song! One of the best actual crossover 'pop/dance' songs I've heard in years. Still, at the minimum NO idea why they put her against Springsteen. Her team continues to insist on self inflicted recklessness.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I'm expecting No.1 on both sides of the Atlantic. If it doesn't happen I won't be devastated but I'm not lowering my expectations. I think that there will be some more promo planned (not just Graham Norton) in the UK and the ticket bundle should give her the edge in the US.

But as people have said before. Longevity is what I want more than peak  positions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, rekha said:

Personally I'm expecting No.1 on both sides of the Atlantic. If it doesn't happen I won't be devastated but I'm not lowering my expectations. I think that there will be some more promo planned (not just Graham Norton) in the UK and the ticket bundle should give her the edge in the US.

But as people have said before. Longevity is what I want more than peak  positions.

 

Also streaming is included now and Springteen, whom I love, had TERRIBLE streaming numbers, like horrible.  Madonna is a streaming beast compared to him

LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dont at all be surprised if this barely makes the top 5 in both the US and UK. 😕 Just NO more #2s please lol. Hope Im super surprised but not expecting #1. It will in some major or semi major countries but don't think it'll happen in the US/UK. Yes, M obviously has and will forever have a hardcore dedicated base but every middle aged and baby boomer straight white guy and women are buying Springsteen that week. Almost no doubt Springsteen will do better in both markets and the Jones Brothers (at least in the US) could easily have a stronger than expected second week #s. Sucker is KILLING it on radio and is actually a good song! One of the best actual crossover 'pop/dance' songs I've heard in years. Still, at the minimum NO idea why they put her against Springsteen. Her team continues to insist on self inflicted recklessness.  

Springsteen has the same problem as Madonna. His sales will be much lower than his past albums. In the US Madame X has a shot at no1 due to the tour bundle. Her competition is not Springsteen but an already released album with strong streaming. I also expect Madame X to comfortably outsell Springsteen in every market in the world, apart perhaps from the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dont at all be surprised if this barely makes the top 5 in both the US and UK. 😕 Just NO more #2s please lol. Hope Im super surprised but not expecting #1. It will in some major or semi major countries but don't think it'll happen in the US/UK. Yes, M obviously has and will forever have a hardcore dedicated base but every middle aged and baby boomer straight white guy and women are buying Springsteen that week. Almost no doubt Springsteen will do better in both markets and the Jones Brothers (at least in the US) could easily have a stronger than expected second week #s. Sucker is KILLING it on radio and is actually a good song! One of the best actual crossover 'pop/dance' songs I've heard in years. Still, at the minimum NO idea why they put her against Springsteen. Her team continues to insist on self inflicted recklessness.  

Springsteen announced his album weeks after Madonna, this is one of those rare cases when her team is not to blame for something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/782635/Madonna-Madame-X-Radio-1-Scott-Mills-Eurovision/amp

'Madonna isn't good enough for Radio 1' claims Scott Mills

MADONNA isn't good enough to be played on Radio 1, claims BBC DJ Scott Mills.

By Jack Hardwick00.06, 03 Jun 2019 UPDATED 05.06, 03 Jun 2019

Daily Star Online first revealed that the Queen of Pop's long-awaited comeback track Medellin would not be played on Radio 1.

At the time the BBC brushed off the ban simply saying: "Individual stations make their own decisions on the songs they play, based on what the audience expects to hear, with no other criteria taken into consideration."

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he  the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore.  

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Scott said: "It is just change of the times.

"I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. 

"It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show."

Admitting he initially thought   when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. 

"Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'" 

Understanding  the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. 

"She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. 

"I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically he's claiming her music is so shit it's not worthy of being on their radio and that everything else they're playing is better than M's new music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/782635/Madonna-Madame-X-Radio-1-Scott-Mills-Eurovision/amp

'Madonna isn't good enough for Radio 1' claims Scott Mills

MADONNA isn't good enough to be played on Radio 1, claims BBC DJ Scott Mills.

By Jack Hardwick00.06, 03 Jun 2019 UPDATED 05.06, 03 Jun 2019

Daily Star Online first revealed that the Queen of Pop's long-awaited comeback track Medellin would not be played on Radio 1.

At the time the BBC brushed off the ban simply saying: "Individual stations make their own decisions on the songs they play, based on what the audience expects to hear, with no other criteria taken into consideration."

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he  the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore.  

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Scott said: "It is just change of the times.

"I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. 

"It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show."

Admitting he initially thought   when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. 

"Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'" 

Understanding  the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. 

"She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. 

"I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

It's not about her age, says the aging queen desperate for rehashes of express yourself. He's as exciting as a piece of cardboard. 

 

However he's right about the music connecting. It took me a few listens of each track and a radio station isn't going to say "give it a few listens" 😂

 

However we have radio 2. So that's good! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...