Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

50 minutes ago, santiago said:

Her biggest competition is Bruce Springsteen, not Bastille.

Bastille are pretty big in the UK although I think the singer has one of the most soulless flat voices. He even makes Chris Martin sound good.

But yes, they are also potential competition.

7 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Look, it's fathers day on 16th June. Springsteen and Bastille are firm DAD favourites. Her chances of a #1 album that week are fucked. 

And Rebel Heart was released on Mother's Day😶......

Just now, santiago said:

I hope her team have a strong  promotional plan scheduled + fans buy multiple versions.

Well I've pre ordered 2 versions and I've asked for the standard CD as a father's day present so I'll have 3 versions. 

Oh for goodness sake. Can we wait till we get to June before you all start your woe is us?! Let us at least have some peace.

Order the album. The singles. stream it. Gift it. Spend the energy there and very little energy coming to Madonna nation to moan how everything is fucked.

8 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Oh for goodness sake. Can we wait till we get to June before you all start your woe is us?! Let us at least have some peace.

Order the album. The singles. stream it. Gift it. Spend the energy there and very little energy coming to Madonna nation to moan how everything is fucked.

👏

29 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to be negative. I just realised it's fathers day and figured these guys were actually big competition. I would like a number one album but if rather have an amazing era which this is 

Just now, stevo208 said:

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to be negative. I just realised it's fathers day and figured these guys were actually big competition. I would like a number one album but if rather have an amazing era which this is 

I feel you. I want that number one Album as much as you and we may still get it. June is still a way off. What I want most is an album that stays in the top three for weeks on end and not number one, in the first week and then can not be found. So, it's complicated and I am just saying lets worry about it when we are nearer the bridge. For now I am trying to get Radio2 to play IRise and trying to get the youtube views up. Those views must be stuck because how it is not over a million is beyond me. Also I am one of the few who still has hope for Medellin but I don't know when next it will be promoted. 

Just now, Jeby said:

I feel you. I want that number one Album as much as you and we may still get it. June is still a way off. What I want most is an album that stays in the top three for weeks on end and not number one, in the first week and then can not be found. So, it's complicated and I am just saying lets worry about it when we are nearer the bridge. For now I am trying to get Radio2 to play IRise and trying to get the youtube views up. Those views must be stuck because how it is not over a million is beyond me. Also I am one of the few who still has hope for Medellin but I don't know when next it will be promoted. 

Now it’s been confirmed that Medellin was just a video serve as oppose to an actual single roll out i doubt she will promote it here in the UK now. I think the BB awards will be the height of the promo for the song.

Crave is lined up to be properly serviced to radio and be the proper lead and that takes us to the Eurovision and the actual promo spots from M herself...

...I think Crave has a high chance of becoming the elusive hit she hasn’t had here in a decade.

Its exciting times and I can’t wait for the performance and video of the track.

38 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Er, no. I'd rather facts, figures and honesty in a thread like this. The fact that they've chosen to release her album on Fathers Day weekend when wrinkly rockers are also releasing new albums is very pertinent to the discussion.

2 hours ago, santiago said:

Her biggest competition is Bruce Springsteen, not Bastille.

I just checked and Bastille are currently above her on UK pre orders and Springsteen is below (see attached screenshot).

B3F4D338-3334-42B7-A0F2-0E48695A6E46.png

9 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Now it’s been confirmed that Medellin was just a video serve as oppose to an actual single roll out i doubt she will promote it here in the UK now. I think the BB awards will be the height of the promo for the song.

Crave is lined up to be properly serviced to radio and be the proper lead and that takes us to the Eurovision and the actual promo spots from M herself...

...I think Crave has a high chance of becoming the elusive hit she hasn’t had here in a decade.

Its exciting times and I can’t wait for the performance and video of the track.

Where was it confirmed that it's not a full single? 

As for Bastille bring above her, her album has been on pre-order for two weeks so holding up well.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

As for Bastille bring above her, her album has been on pre-order for two weeks so holding up well.

True true. I think she will clinch it. 

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Where was it confirmed that it's not a full single? 

Billboard article said it will just be pushed in Latin markets which makes sense as that’s where the most streams have come from. The fact it hasn’t been properly served to radio...it doesn’t actually say it’s not a full single but from how the article is worded it sounds like Crave will receive a more full roll out as a single. (The article is being discussed in the Madame X album thread)

Im guessing by that a proper radio push and radio switch on date for Crave something Medellin never got.

I consider Medellin the first single but it could be seen as an introduction to the era and Crave is the "real" first single. Janet did that with "Got Till It's Gone." It was more of an intro than the first single. "Together Again" got the big push.

17 minutes ago, Kim said:

Er, no. I'd rather facts, figures and honesty in a thread like this. The fact that they've chosen to release her album on Fathers Day weekend when wrinkly rockers are also releasing new albums is very pertinent to the discussion.

It's May 3rd. She still has three more songs to come. Two songs have been released. If people focused more on publicizing those songs and streaming and buying them maybe we wouldn't need to moan. Also, nobody is looking for dishonesty or alternative facts. Fact is the Album is not out. To assume because so called wrinkly rockers are releasing same day so we are fucked, is to be pessimistic to the extreme. Nearer the time everyone will be wiser as to what the likely outcome is. Right now it's just doom and gloom speculations which are actually not facts. Just opinions.

And I am not policing anyones thoughts. I am simply saying chill on the doom and gloom for something that is still more than a month away. 

15 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I have not heard "I Rise" yet (will wait until June) so IMMA CRAVING FOR CRAVE

I dare yea, click it. It’s sooooo good 😁😁😁 at least click it with the sound down to help along its viewing count! ❌

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I have not heard "I Rise" yet (will wait until June) so IMMA CRAVING FOR CRAVE

I don’t get the issue if the song has been officially released? Buy the song, stream it, live in the moment and enjoy the roll out the Queen is giving us.

This is like the first time in a long time it’s being done properly.

11 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I don’t get the issue if the song has been officially released? Buy the song, stream it, live in the moment and enjoy the roll out the Queen is giving us.

This is like the first time in a long time it’s being done properly.

Yeah I don't see the point. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ooohlala said:

I just checked and Bastille are currently above her on UK pre orders and Springsteen is below (see attached screenshot).

Bastille is her biggest (and only) threat in the UK. If Eurovision and the second single explode she will be able to overcome them.

Bruce (and the Jonas Brothers on their second week) will be her threat in the USA. Bruce has not miss the number one spot in a long time, but his last album sold less than Rebel Heart on its first week so there is hope there too.