Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

16 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

The version this morning ended on her Aye Aye Aye aye and didn’t include her last verse “We built a Cartel”

But did it have 2 bridges/actual chorus or just one? Its the most catchy part

8 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

But did it have 2 bridges/actual chorus or just one? Its the most catchy part

The version played on Radio 2 this morning comes in at 3’06, the Radio Edit is 3’51 and ends after the full “one two cha cha cha” breakdown “aye aye aye” which leaves 0’45 seconds of the radio edit and 1’40 of the album / single version left. 

The last chorus to the final “aye aye aye” is 0’45 long but that omits the final verse, bridge and “one two cha cha cha”. It’s likely they’ll edit the outro but I don’t know what else. The only difference I noticed today is the second “let’s take a trip / I’d be so good for you” is edited down to one rep instead of 2. 

Apologies if that radio edit is out and I’m describing this for no reason ha! ❌

2DC181B6-CAC0-42D2-9306-1F169BC08D27.jpeg

9 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

So official chart is released Friday evening  at 6pm😱🤩

She was #70 in the midweek. Hoping to cling to top 100 with maybe a top 40 at some point.

Article from the sun 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8945899/for-a-woke-millennial-uber-liberal-organisation-radio-1s-blacklisting-of-madonna-shows-ageism-and-sexism-is-rampant-at-the-bbc/

FOR such a woke, millennial, uber-liberal organisation, the fact the BBC allows ageism and sexism to run rampant on Radio 1 is the height of hypocrisy.

This has been highlighted again by the station’s decision to blacklist MADONNA from their precious little playlist, which sadly remains a significant blow to its singles chart success in this country.

The BBC allows ageism and sexism to run rampant on Radio 1 is the height of hypocrisy and this is highlighted by their Madonna snub

Now I do understand Madge is 60 - no one is arguing that is way past the age group Radio 1 aims to target.

But that isn’t the point here given we’re talking about a music icon who continues to push the boundaries of pop.

Let’s be honest, at her age most veteran stars have to some degree started to rest on their laurels. They release below par and often self-indulgent tracks that have zero chance getting played on the radio, and their concerts are packed with their greatest hits.

That’s the opposite of Madonna who has spent the past four years exploring where she fits in the world of pop in 2019.

Her comeback single Medellin - with the very young and very hip Colombian rapper Maluma- has not been made for Madonna diehards hoping for another Like A Prayer

I put money on the fact that if it was Taylor Swift singing alongside the rapper it would have been immediately hailed as the song of the year

Her comeback single Medellin - with the very young and very hip Colombian rapper MALUMA - has not been made for Madonna diehards hoping for another Like A Prayer.

While it features her always distinctive voice, it’s otherwise a credible and current piece of Spanish crossover pop that would not sound out of place on top 40 radio stations anywhere in the world.

In fact, I put money on the fact that if it was ARIANA GRANDE, DUA LIPA or TAYLOR SWIFT singing alongside the rapper it would have been immediately hailed as the song of the year.

There’s a reason why the track premiered on Apple’s trendy radio station Beats1 and why MTV produced a live special debuting the song’s music video this week broadcast around the world.

Even the notoriously snobby NME called it “one gem of a pop song”.

The ageism is an issue with the holier than thou BBC and not its commercial rivals.

Surely the corporation has to understand that you don’t have to be young to produce content that appeals to a youth market.

There is a degree of sexism to the decision over Madonna too. More mature artists like PAUL MCCARTNEY, 76, FOO FIGHTERS, whose lead singer DAVE GROHL is 50, DAVID GUETTA, 51, JAY Z, 49, and CHRIS MARTIN, 42, seem to be welcomed with open arms.

More mature artists like Paul McCartney, 76, seem to be welcomed with open arms

Controller Ben Cooper is no spring chicken at 48 — way outside the station’s target market

And what if the same standards start to apply to other areas of the Beeb?

Will producers, directors and actors be judged by age over performance?

And while they are impressive executives, shouldn’t Radio 1’s own head honchos be worried. Controller Ben Cooper is no spring chicken at 48 and head of music Chris Price is 44 - both way outside the station’s target market too.

This seems to me to be a dangerous path to go down.

Especially at a time when older women are so woefully treated by the Beeb - often sacked, overlooked and underpaid by their own admission.

We don’t have many true icons of music still with us.

Madonna will sit alongside ELVIS PRESLEY, PRINCE, MICHAEL JACKSON and WHITNEY HOUSTON as one of the greats.

That’s what makes her shoddy and ageist treatment from BBC Radio 1 a complete disgrace.

4 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

THE SUN? That is coming from the sun? wow....just share it and link it to BBCR1

Although I am not a fan of the Sun, they have always been supportive of M to my knowledge.

8 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Although I am not a fan of the Sun, they have always been supportive of M to my knowledge.

They pick and choose they've ran awful articles on her as well over the years ironically to do with her age the very thing this article is discussing. 

'But it's lovely to read this.

IT'S ABOUT TIME someone laid it out just like that. No tip-toeing with that article. Call the fuckers out!!

It IS a disgrace that listeners don't even have a chance to love it or hate it. Let's just imagine if radio the world over had this attitude in 1984 when Tina released What's Love Got To Do With It. We all would've missed out on an absolute classic.....not to mention that's when Tina Turner became her most iconic.

Many years ago, there was a rumor that Madonna was going to release a single under an alter-ego (well I guess that's kinda what's happening here...lol), I'd love for that to happen and not have it revealed it's Madonna until after the song either becomes a success or fails. 

It's funny how all bets are off when it comes to Madonna. People can say the nastiest, most ageist (and otherwise) remarks imaginable. Now, let's flash forward to 20-25 yrs from now when Beyonce becomes the age of Madonna......how well you think this kind of thing will go down at that point??

Madonna ALWAYS ahead of her time.....ALWAYS taking the hits.......NEVER getting her due!! It's tired!! 

Her lyrics are corny .Her rhymes are clunky . If she writes lyrics like Bob Fucking Dylan they will say she's being pretentious .

Play her or don't play her I don't care to be honest . She is still making good music after 35 years and that's that !

Medellin _ Medellin's MV = LIFE. 

#magic