New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

@Mensch you're our lifeline here!! Thank you so much!!

Soooo, vid is most likely being shot in the next week. Not counting RH (since that was such a fucked situation) but with other releases, how long from the time the lead vid is shot until it airs?? Anyone have timelines??

13 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Soooo, vid is most likely being shot in the next week. Not counting RH (since that was such a fucked situation) but with other releases, how long from the time the lead vid is shot until it airs?? Anyone have timelines??

Usualy about 4 weeks minimum!

1 minute ago, runa said:

So if it shots next week, it leads beginning of April

Exactly, and back in the day a song would usually be premiered on radio roughly two weeks before the video was dropped, but nowadays they sometimes have the radio release coincide with a lyrics video or with the def video to capitalize on streaming on all platforms. I wonder what she'll do. Spread the release of audio and video or come at us with one big audiovisual bang!!

2 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Well since she is into Hip Hop these days, I’d not  be surprised if she gave us more Iconic instead of Future Lovers. If done right, I would not mind at all. 

Exciting times. Can’t wait. Soon my precious 

So excited about this album! Idk what to think.....prob to the dismay of a few, I do think there's gonna be some "hip-hop-ish" type things on hear and maybe some rapping......but then there is Mirwais....not to mention the whole Portuguese influence so this is shaping up to be just as "insiders" are saying......"like nothing else out there"

Idk if we're ready for this y'all! I think she's really gonna blow our minds and push the limits of our musical tastes. The more info that trickles in, the more I think this is going to be a special album. Maybe not the universal success of a ROL but I do think this will be a musical reinvention we haven't seen since ROL.

Just now, ULIZOS said:

No, I'm not kidding.

Oh ok.....well.....

We have a long road ahead then....

I'm white so these things have to broken down for me sometimes. May I ask how that's cultural appropriation?

4 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

There's nothing off about a 60 year old white woman wearing grills and thinking she's a hip hop mogul. The black kids from the rough part of the neighborhood are just THRILLED about it all :rolleyes:

Where is there an indication that she thinks she's a hip-hop mogul though?

Are 60 yr old white women not allowed to wear grillz and dance to a hip-hop beat?

9 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

There's nothing off about a 60 year old white woman wearing grills and thinking she's a hip hop mogul. The black kids from the rough part of the neighborhood are just THRILLED about it all :rolleyes:

Exactly! I think she ll spend the goodwill yet again on a music that is totally unrelatable for her fans. If it’s champagne rose part 2 she ll alienate even more fans. She simply has to suck up to her base.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

GMAYL was recorded  8th december as we know because of minajs bday present that day. And was released 2nd february. So id say its save to say 2 months

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Exactly! I think she ll spend the goodwill yet again on a music that is totally unrelatable for her fans. If it’s champagne rose part 2 she ll alienate even more fans. She simply has to suck up to her base.

And haven't you just been a "ray of light" during this whole process. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

GMAYL was recorded  8th december as we know because of minajs bday present that day. And was released 2nd february. So id say its save to say 2 months

That sounds about right with the rumors we're getting too! Late April-early May! Thanks! 🙂

Madonna ALWAYS does urban music just right! Its influence on Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy, and Rebel Heart was perfection. M-Dolla for the win. Very exciting times indeed, regardless of which direction she goes! She hasn’t diasappointed me in 30+ years, and I doubt she’s gonna start now.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Where is there an indication that she thinks she's a hip-hop mogul though?

Are 60 yr old white women not allowed to wear grillz and dance to a hip-hop beat? 

Oh yes, it's JUST her dancing to hip hop :rolleyes:

You people clearly could care less about hip hop, but when Madonna spoon feeds it to you through a song produced by a black hip hop artist where she sings it while wearing grills (gold teeth go back to slavery and recently freed slaves), I'm so excited :rolleyes: Literally the definition of cultural appropriation.

I'll go away now while everyone trashes my opinion. Have fun.

image.png

Can we flush this annoying troll? He’s already trashing the project/M’s choices and we’ve heard ZERO of the material. And jumping to the conclusion that “you people” don’t like hip-hop is not only incorrect, it’s absurd. There’s enough room for all genres, and people rarely enjoy only one type. Get the fuck outta here.

11 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

You people clearly could care less about hip hop, but when Madonna spoon feeds it to you through a song produced by a black hip hop artist where she sings it while wearing grills (gold teeth go back to slavery and recently freed slaves), I'm so excited :rolleyes: Literally the definition of cultural appropriation.

image.png

But you don't even know if that's her song that's playing in that clip.

Just so I'm clear though.....Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy and parts of Rebel Heart are all cultural appropriation?

Not that Madonna has ever done straight up hip-hop, it's always been whatever genre she's feeling at that time (electronica, folk-tronica etc) melded with her pop sensibilities. Surely, you've been a fan long enough to know this?

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Can we flush this annoying troll? He’s already trashing the project/M’s choices and we’ve heard ZERO of the material. And jumping to the conclusion that “you people” don’t like hip-hop is not only incorrect, it’s absurd. There’s enough room for all genres, and people rarely enjoy only one type. Get the fuck outta here.

i don't think ulizos is a troll though

She was making "black" music when she debuted.

She smashed with La Isla Bonita and Who's That Girl.

She went urban again with Erotica/Bedtime Stories. 

She borrowed from many different cultures for ROL. 

And now you're suddenly annoyed because one of her songwriters posted a trap beat that most likely had NOTHING to do with M's album?

GTFO. 

3 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

i don't think ulizos is a troll though

There's a time I would've thought that was a completely ridiculous assumption but......

Sad to see how the SJW, "victim" culture has truly consumed some people.

13 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

image.png

...let s get a life now honey

....let get a real one