New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

which version the horrible flag version or the excellent original 

the excellent original.

Madonna pulled the video, so Warner was ready to have her pay for it. Maybe they were gonna sue her, I'm not sure. So they came up with that awful flag video to fill the space, and not have to make her pay it. Total was about one million dollars IIRC.

1 minute ago, Dany Targaryen said:

the excellent original.

Madonna pulled the video, so Warner was ready to have her pay for it. Maybe they were gonna sue her, I'm not sure. So they came up with that awful flag video to fill the space, and not have to make her pay it. Total was about one million dollars IIRC.

madonna pulling the video is prob the only time i felt a bit dissapointed in her 

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

madonna pulling the video is prob the only time i felt a bit dissapointed in her 

Yeah, me too. But look at what they did to Kathy Griffin. It could have been dangeous to Madonna's family, not to mention herself.

She made the only sensible decision she could have made at that point.

10 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

I was too but then over time, in hindsight, I think she was brilliant about it. You grow, you change. You can be fearless and uncompromising and then something happens (you having a family) and you can be a complete protector and decide that’s more important. The flag video is lame but at least we got the official video and I just think now she was a badass either way 

1 minute ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Yeah, me too. But look at what they did to Kathy Griffin. It could have been dangeous to Madonna's family, not to mention herself.

Exactly!

I was never disappointed in her because of that. How can I be with the reason she gave? Family and safety come first and there was most definitely a witch hunt at that time......ie: Dixie Chicks. The biggest disappointment to me was the fact that the world wasn't going to see that fantastic video, which really is one of her best. 

As for yesterday's video. I saw it before I came here and it put a huge smile on my face. She REALLY looks like she's just having a great time, truly happy. Portuguese life has been good for her!! Even if those were clips of the actual music video (which is doubtful) I'd be totally ok with it. Kind of upsetting to read some of the comments in the previous thread as it seems as though she's doing everything many of her fans have wanted her to do for many years now.....and yet it's still not good enough and nitpicked to death. I was certain there would be across the board raves, if not for the "video" but just for the fact of how inspired, happy and DIFFERENT this all seems to be. Whether this album is a hit or not, it's becoming more and more apparent this is going to be a big reinvention for her. It's concerning to me that despite all of this, it's still not good enough. Just doesn't bode well.....but in this day and age, I expect nothing less sadly. I said it before and I'll say it again, a "ROL" or "LAP" in terms of overall universal love, will be next to impossible......not even among just the GP but among her core fan base as well. There's been a definite shift in recent years, not sure if it's cuz we're all getting older and not impressed as easily or what but not holding my breath for universal praise of any kind. Regardless, this constant "edging" she's doing to us has me excited....yeah, at least a date would be good but her "strategy" is working on this fan. I just get more and more stoked!! Kind of liking I know NOTHING. Still confident though that we're seeing this album no later than June.

29 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly!

I was never disappointed in her because of that. How can I be with the reason she gave? Family and safety come first and there was most definitely a witch hunt at that time......ie: Dixie Chicks. The biggest disappointment to me was the fact that the world wasn't going to see that fantastic video, which really is one of her best. 

As for yesterday's video. I saw it before I came here and it put a huge smile on my face. She REALLY looks like she's just having a great time, truly happy. Portuguese life has been good for her!! Even if those were clips of the actual music video (which is doubtful) I'd be totally ok with it. Kind of upsetting to read some of the comments in the previous thread as it seems as though she's doing everything many of her fans have wanted her to do for many years now.....and yet it's still not good enough and nitpicked to death. I was certain there would be across the board raves, if not for the "video" but just for the fact of how inspired, happy and DIFFERENT this all seems to be. Whether this album is a hit or not, it's becoming more and more apparent this is going to be a big reinvention for her. It's concerning to me that despite all of this, it's still not good enough. Just doesn't bode well.....but in this day and age, I expect nothing less sadly. I said it before and I'll say it again, a "ROL" or "LAP" in terms of overall universal love, will be next to impossible......not even among just the GP but among her core fan base as well. There's been a definite shift in recent years, not sure if it's cuz we're all getting older and not impressed as easily or what but not holding my breath for universal praise of any kind. Regardless, this constant "edging" she's doing to us has me excited....yeah, at least a date would be good but her "strategy" is working on this fan. I just get more and more stoked!! Kind of liking I know NOTHING. Still confident though that we're seeing this album no later than June.

Screw LAP or ROL. This will be the next LAV / TB :lol:

14 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Screw LAP or ROL. This will be the next LAV / TB :lol:

Haha.....and you know what? I would DEFINITELY be here for that!!! Some tight, classic pop nuggets are ALWAYS good! 

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

TRANSGRESSION

Virgin Mary 

Girl Gone Wild

Revolver

Gang Bang 

Papa Don't Preach 

Hung Up

I Don't Give A

Best Friend 

#soon

9498A344-0702-421C-8EC9-0F69C15630AD.gif

2 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Geez. So much for freedom of speech. USA is the most phony countries on the planet with these loud claims about freedom. Soviet Russia would be pissed about a political video, sure. But one would expect better from the US. 

25 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Geez. So much for freedom of speech. USA is the most phony countries on the planet with these loud claims about freedom. Soviet Russia would be pissed about a political video, sure. But one would expect better from the US. 

Yeah..there is freedom, but it's relative. Certain things are definitely off limits, and usually that has to do important political situations. And this goes way back.

Jane Fonda, Charlie Chaplin, Whoopi Goldberg, and many others have suffered tremendously for things they have said.