Palestine and Israel

I was served a pre-roll ad on YouTube the other day by The State of Israel, justifying their actions and stating they’d continue to defend themselves against Hamas. It took me by surprise, it’s the first time I’ve been served a social ad by a foreign government.

I wish I knew enough to have a fully informed opinion about such a nuanced and complicated situation.

37 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

An Israeli soldier protects a Palestinian woman and helps her safely get out of a riot-field area.

No alternative text description for this image

Woulda been a bullet in the head without that well placed photographer there....

The propaganda of Israel is laughable. Today I watched how they were lamenting the death of an Arab girl in Israel killed by a Hamas rocket. Of course it's a tragedy but they've killed DOZENS of children! 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, karbatal said:

The propaganda of Israel is laughable. Today I watched how they were lamenting the death of an Arab girl in Israel killed by a Hamas rocket. Of course it's a tragedy but they've killed DOZENS of children! 

Killing from both sides is atrocious, but let’s be real: Israel has always been much more equipped with modern weapons than Hamas so as the more equipped side is expected logically to inflict more damage, is it not? Its not right of course, but it has been expected as it has been the case since the 40ties. It’s a hot topic and I understand why both sides are hating the other. I think at present both sides are ruled by parties/organisations who do not want peace and that’s the biggest problem. There must be two state solution, but I don’t know how that would happen with the situation in West Bank...

6 hours ago, elijah said:

Killing from both sides is atrocious, but let’s be real: Israel has always been much more equipped with modern weapons than Hamas so as the more equipped side is expected logically to inflict more damage, is it not? Its not right of course, but it has been expected as it has been the case since the 40ties. It’s a hot topic and I understand why both sides are hating the other. I think at present both sides are ruled by parties/organisations who do not want peace and that’s the biggest problem. There must be two state solution, but I don’t know how that would happen with the situation in West Bank...

There's never peace when a country is occupied. It ends up either in war or, if the ethnic is brutal and total, in the disappearance of a whole culture. Like Arabs in Spain or Native Americans in North and South America.

If they don't disappear, there's ALWAYS a revolution and a blood conflict. 

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Security Cabinet voted on Thursday in favor of halting their military activity in the Gaza Strip, as the Palestinian militant group Hamas agrees to a "mutual and simultaneous" cease-fire, according to Reuters. It is expected to go into effect on Friday. News of the impending cease-fire comes after mounting international pressure for an end to the violence between both sides. At least 230 Palestinians have been killed in the recent conflict, according to the Gaza Health Ministry, while 12 people in Israel have also been killed, Israeli authorities say.

I've read that for the first time 20% of the democrat voters are against Israel using full force to defend against Hamas. 

I guess that's why Biden has changed his speech and why Israel has agreed to this cease fire

13 hours ago, Junior said:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Security Cabinet voted on Thursday in favor of halting their military activity in the Gaza Strip.

That's nice of them

So in Palestine that's 90,000 displaced and 232 dead including 65 kids.

Not a bad week at the office.

First of all, Gaza is not occupied. Israel fully left Gaza in 2005 and kicked out all the Jews who lived there. Unfortunately for the Palestinians, Hamas took over and turned it into a total shithole....A religious extremist place with a sole focus on terrorizing its own people and terrorizing Israel. In response, both Egypt and Israel blockaded Gaza for their own protection. Instead of creating a future for themselves, Gaza turned into one of the poorest and dangerous places in the world. 

I think it's time to blame and pressure the Palestinian leadership instead of always blaming Israel or Egypt for what they do. Otherwise, the same thing will happen over and over again.

The only way to fix this problem is to have a two-state solution that guarantees Israel's security. Otherwise, Israel will never waiver even an inch. We've all learned this time and time again, war after war. It is what it is. And Palestinians would only stand to benefit from having peace with them. They are an exceptionally powerful and rich country for their size. Instead of launching rockets at Israel,  the Palestinians should send their children to study and learn there. It is possible, and it will happen one day. The only question is when...

5 hours ago, whyme? said:

First of all, Gaza is not occupied. Israel fully left Gaza in 2005 and kicked out all the Jews who lived there. Unfortunately for the Palestinians, Hamas took over and turned it into a total shithole....A religious extremist place with a sole focus on terrorizing its own people and terrorizing Israel. In response, both Egypt and Israel blockaded Gaza for their own protection. Instead of creating a future for themselves, Gaza turned into one of the poorest and dangerous places in the world. 

I think it's time to blame and pressure the Palestinian leadership instead of always blaming Israel or Egypt for what they do. Otherwise, the same thing will happen over and over again.

The only way to fix this problem is to have a two-state solution that guarantees Israel's security. Otherwise, Israel will never waiver even an inch. We've all learned this time and time again, war after war. It is what it is. And Palestinians would only stand to benefit from having peace with them. They are an exceptionally powerful and rich country for their size. Instead of launching rockets at Israel,  the Palestinians should send their children to study and learn there. It is possible, and it will happen one day. The only question is when...

And let's not forget who uses the islamic world for it's own advantage , a country that wants to play α sovereign role in the region and who is a major enemy of Israel .. Αnd btw who finances hamas? what happened to fatah? what country does not want peace in the region?

7 hours ago, sotos8 said:

And let's not forget who uses the islamic world for it's own advantage , a country that wants to play α sovereign role in the region and who is a major enemy of Israel .. Αnd btw who finances hamas? what happened to fatah? what country does not want peace in the region?

Doesn't erase the fact that the REAL cause of the Palestinian people is to liberate themselves from the Zionist apartheid regime. 

20 hours ago, whyme? said:

Ok

Let's think of this as if this were a usual conflict. For example a school conflict. 

A new group of students  comes and takes the part of the playground where others have been always playing. Their grandparents used to play there so they feel it's their right to take it. The others can stay, but they have to play in the worst corner. They new students take it because they have the support of the biggest bully in the school. 

The students try to defend themselves and use the playground but the new ones use such indiscriminate force that little children are hurt and others are in hospital. All with the help of the biggest bully in school. Many times they are provoked because the new students can use more force and destroy what is left in that corner. Maybe that way they can have all for themselves.

And the idea is that those cornered students have to accept the situation and be friends because there's not other solution????

Did I just read GAZA IS NOT OCCUPIED ??? :doh:

Shit, some people are so dumb, that's just insane. No wonder why this World is going so bad.

Despite the 2005 Israeli disengagement from Gaza, the United Nations, international human rights organisations, and the majority of governments and legal commentators consider the territory to be still occupied by Israel, supported by additional restrictions placed on Gaza by Egypt. Israel maintains direct external control over Gaza and indirect control over life within Gaza: it controls Gaza's air and maritime space, and six of Gaza's seven land crossings. It reserves the right to enter Gaza at will with its military and maintains a no-go buffer zone within the Gaza territory. Gaza is dependent on Israel for its water, electricity, telecommunications, and other utilities.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, whyme? said:

:lmao: