Kelly Clarkson covers Take A Bow on tour

Ugly Hecty

^ I did not enjoy that, Elaine Paige! I need to erase that from my Memory :laugh:

I really like Kelly, who has a great voice and personality, and appreciate her love for Madonna but her vocals sounded forced in this rendition. As with all these other 'respected' singers who attempt to cover M's songs, they will never hold a candle to M's original because they cannot replicate the distinct tonal quality of vocals and the exact attitude that M brings in her delivery.

I think I have pissed myself a little. This is too hilarious. Or tragic. Depends on the point of view.

Funny how people always say Madonna can't hold a candle to the likes of Patty LuPone or Ellen Paige when it comes to singing musical. But seriously has anyone ever asked the question the other way around? There are enough examples out there from singers with "bigger" voices doing Madonna covers and they are mostly shit. They hardly ever evoke the same emotions or sometimes they can't even hit the high notes. This is dangerous ground anyway. People will always compare them to the original and how could they not fail in comparison to her versions since they are simply too known. I would like to compare that to Madonnas attempts at acting. She as a persona is simply too big to convince people that she is portraying someone else. People will always see Madonna no matter how good she plays. She would need to play a bigger than life character and pull a Meryl Streep to distract the viewer.

I don't like covers of Madonna's song. This is no exception.

They just can't capture Madonna's emotion and passion in a song. M also has an extremely unique and distinct voice. It's so easy to do imitations of other pop artists but I've never heard anyone able to imitate Madonna or even cover her songs well.

This is so true!!!

I think I've never heard a cover version of Madonna's song that I like.

Makes me think of Sia and Oh Father... Lord!!! :scared:

I don't like covers of Madonna's song. This is no exception.

They just can't capture Madonna's emotion and passion in a song. M also has an extremely unique and distinct voice. It's so easy to do imitations of other pop artists but I've never heard anyone able to imitate Madonna or even cover her songs well.

Signed

At least it's Kelly Clarkson, imagine Mimi trying to sing this song

It's really good. Not really great, but good. She didn't need to belt out parts of it like she did.

I actually loved Tori Amos's cover of Frozen. I thought it captured the mystique of the song and she made it her own.