This whole "Ray of Lighters" thing needs to die

Apples388

:stir::rotfl:

some people complain about single covers, others about ticket prices, re-scheduled dates or superior demo versions ... everyone thinks their concern is legitimate and shared by all. It's not.

An ROLers opinion is no more valid than a BIMer's and vice versa. Tolerance is key

but I know that's a boring concept ... maybe I'm just too grown up for this place :lol:

No, a Ray of Lighter is basically what loowee said or jazzyjan described above, someone who is stuck in that era. And Joan of Arcers or those who feel really bad for Madonna, are worried for her a lot, think she's hurt, depressed etc :rotfl:

Church. Encyclopedia definition of the joaners lol

Moan of arcers is the over arching term for negative nancys and Debbie downers

Yep its all nothing but grilled onion opinions at the end of the day but Ray of Light-Music-American Life are all very similar (&different)..never understood how you could be a HUGE fan of 1 and not the other 2

Even with a few annoying ROL people on forums being pushy, the album, videos, and TV performances are some of the best in her career. For me personally, nineties and early 00's has been M at her best and most fascinating even if appreciate all her creative output and enjoy something about all the albums.

Every artists (well, almost every artist) has, what old timers call, their "Sgt. Pepper" album. It means the critically best album of their career. I think ROL is considered Madonna's "Sgt. Pepper" album.

It's not a slight on any particular Madonna fan. It's just a type of generic critique in general.

Who flippin cares? All of her albums rule. IMO.

I'm just happy to consider myself a "Holidayer, True Bluer, Breathlesser, Bedtimer, Musicer, Confessioner, MDNAer, BIMer and everything in between. ...and everything in future.

I love ROL as much as I love her 80s albums and most of the things she's done anyway. Unfortunately I was born in 83 so I couldn't enjoy those initial M years properly.

It doesn't mean new generations of Madonna fans can't discover (as I did over a decade later in my teens), appreciate and in some cases utterly adore what she was doing at any moment in time of her career when they were too young or not even born perhaps to experience it in the flesh.

Ray Of Lighters don't mean people who love ROL or became fans in 1998.

Ray Of Ligther is used to describe someone who thinks every album she releases should've been/should be ROL 2.0. They freak out every time M works with a major producer or writes "immature" lyrics. They freak out every time M has fun and messes around. They freak out every time M sparks controversy. It's almost like they know nothing about M's career trajectory and hope it's 1998 over and over again.

And yes these people deserve to be mocked till the end of time.

Ray Of Ligther is used to describe someone who thinks every album she releases should've been/should be ROL 2.0. They freak out every time M works with a major producer or writes "immature" lyrics. They freak out every time M has fun and messes around. They freak out every time M sparks controversy. It's almost like they know nothing about M's career trajectory and hope it's 1998 over and over again.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

Plus, I always took it as a tongue-in-cheek term anyway. It's nothing to get upset over. :medusa:

Oh I see

I'd always assumed it meant you're a loser because you weren't born yet when Madonna was collaborating with Otto

We Are The Gods (my jam)

I dont complain on what shes doing but for me its not because of lyrics or her behavior , I miss her quality control and focus on the music itself

Since HC what she released had declined in terms of quality , being mdna an all time low point( the album and dvd , not the tour) and now RH for me seems like an undecided/unfinished project that lacked a real direction by having thousands of producers and writers working on some good and some not so good songs. From ROL to COADF she always followed a clearly directionwith her music , nowadays its not being the focus.

I dont complain on what shes doing but for me its not because of lyrics or her behavior , I miss her quality control and focus on the music itself

Since HC what she released had declined in terms of quality , being mdna an all time low point( the album and dvd , not the tour) and now RH for me seems like an undecided/unfinished project that lacked a real direction by having thousands of producers and writers working on some good and some not so good songs. From ROL to COADF she always followed a clearly directionwith her music , nowadays its not being the focus.

It sounds more like you simply don't care for her musical direction last few albums, which is fine but that's not indicative of a lack of direction with her music. I'm not sure she has ever created as much music for an album session as she did with RH and there are very clear themes that run through every song. She worked on that album pretty much the whole year of 2014, then she promoted it more than any other album and now she's in rehearsals for her tour that is likely going to take her into Spring 2016.

It sounds more like you simply don't care for her musical direction last few albums, which is fine but that's not indicative of a lack of direction with her music. I'm not sure she has ever created as much music for an album session as she did with RH and there are very clear themes that run through every song. She worked on that album pretty much the whole year of 2014, then she promoted it more than any other album and now she's in rehearsals for her tour that is likely going to take her into Spring 2016.

I wouldnt be posting regulary if I didnt care , i do listen to RH in fact HW is my most played song but i cant listen to all 22(?) songs.

Im my opinion we have too many songs that dont have the attention to detail that she always had

Also, She worked the whole 2014 on the album with dozens of people songwrites and producers , from pharrel to that natasha kills and spent most of the year trying to find that direction she wanted to go with producers that have no time to create something organic with her, the product she delivered sounds a mix of songs for me thats why we dont even have the credits.

Sone good songs, YES but also many fillers