This whole "Ray of Lighters" thing needs to die

Apples388

That being said, if I'm over anything, it's the word "dated".... :laugh:

Yes, hate that word Dated.

I was not having a go at people that use the word "cohesive" so sorry if it come off that way. I know you also love Madonna's music and Rebel Heart. More aimed at the vibe that records are not musically good if they are not cohesive and how people put Rebel Heart down due to it. Hope what I am saying makes sense.

Is anyone else over the word "cohesive" when describing music. Just my view, but music should not have to have themes, be cohesive or have a concept. When you boil it down, having to be cohesive it the opposite of being organic. Adore how Madonna has created the music she wanted with Rebel Heart and made plenty of it.

Your response is very cohesive :)

I hate the term ICON. Seriously these days a woman singer flashes a side boob and all of a sudden she is an Icon! Same goes for the word DIVA.

That being said, if I'm over anything, it's the word "dated".... :laugh:

Yep also find albums being called dated is annoying, especially with M work.

Can listen to any of of M music from the last thirty years and never think it's dated or irrelevant. Good music generally stays up to the test of time.

Your response is very cohesive :)

I hate the term ICON. Seriously these days a woman singer flashes a side boob and all of a sudden she is an Icon! Same goes for the word DIVA.

I know. I always have thought of an Icon as something that is truly special and known everywhere. Now it is used for just about anyone which again destroys it's meaning.

Is anyone else over the word "cohesive" when describing music. Just my view, but music should not have to have themes, be cohesive or have a concept. When you boil it down, having to be cohesive it the opposite of being organic. Adore how Madonna has created the music she wanted with Rebel Heart and made plenty of it.

I agree. I am a cohesive freak but the word is being thrown around way too much this era. I've seen countless comments like "I don't like this album because it's not cohesive :(" I do think the flow is clunky at places though, but the run from Holy Water to Messiah is pretty amazing. I love how the album gets darker and darker and the title track is like a wake up wall from your frantic dream. Gosh I love this record.

And of course I'm a "Ray Of Lighter" too

Guest Sinisin

I'm a TBer. But the REAL obsession didn't kick in fully till LAP. It was the Pepsi commercial/video/controversy that did me in! I was obsessed with that blonde streak.

I don't complain on what shes doing but for me its not because of lyrics or her behavior , I miss her quality control and focus on the music itself

Since HC what she released had declined in terms of quality , being mdna an all time low point( the album and dvd , not the tour) and now RH for me seems like an undecided/unfinished project that lacked a real direction by having thousands of producers and writers working on some good and some not so good songs. From ROL to COADF she always followed a clearly direction with her music , nowadays its not being the focus.

Thank you.

I don't know if I'm "over it" or even have lost the expectation of it. There's something really special about Confessions on a Dance Floor and it's tour. I use that as an example of the last time when I think it was 'cohesive' from beginning to end. And it was perfect.

Even though the songs were varied, they all seemed related. I like that.

Just a preference of mine. :thumbsup:

I like your preferences.