New world tour to be announced next week!

Guest gang bang

Guest Rachelle of London

sorry just re read my post, I meant that whether they decide on stadiums or arenas. If the album is a megahit why not do a few stadiums. Wont harm anyone.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well yeah give the South Americans or whatever their stadiums, but leave us UK'ers out of it, Megahit or not imo.

I wanna see M in the comfort of the o2 arena! so yes I agree!

I hate stadium. I'll never understand what's the point to see a show with 70 000. You can't see anything, the sound is bad... I agree with Kim: leave it to South Americans :lol:

I want to see her in an arena. And I hope to see her more than once.

So after a day or so, it looks like only package deals left for U2s London and Glasgow arena dates, so LN must be pretty happy with that strategy. Madge next!

Yes I noticed the U2 tickets have sold well and the prices are fairly high. I can see them adding a few shows, the demand is there.

They need to adapt this statergy with Madonna. A couple of O2 shows and then maybe Glasgow Hydro and Birmingham NEC wait for them to sell out and add another London show if demand is there. Then can add due to unprecedented demand etc in the press release.

Selling out arenas and adding shows looks so much better than struggling with one shitty gig in a park with dreadful sight lines.

Did U2 do a fan club presale? I wonder how that went. I hope Madonna does a fan club presale next time round. I am a legacy member so it would great to have first choice for arena seats.

I'm pretty sure they did have a presale. I was interested in seeing how this panned out as well. I checked the site on Monday I think it was, and tix were still available for every date except the two Paris shows, within 2 days they were all gone except Barcelona and loads of US shows. She defo needs to adopt a similar strategy!

She probably wouldn't do it but I would love for her to do a long run at Wembley Arena like she did for Confessions.

She did 8 nights there and I went to 4 of them. Brilliant shows and fairly intimate for Madonna with a 11k capacity.

The 02 is to cavernous and the sound system isn't great when you are near the back or on the upper level.

She probably wouldn't do it but I would love for her to do a long run at Wembley Arena like she did for Confessions.

She did 8 nights there and I went to 4 of them. Brilliant shows and fairly intimate for Madonna with a 11k capacity.

The 02 is to cavernous and the sound system isn't great when you are near the back or on the upper level.

I've not heard particularly good things about the O2, and the views from upper tiers are dreadful from what I've seen on youtube.

The Hydro is quite intimate, just under 13k standing and specifically built for concerts, tho it's extremely busy and next years itinerary is filling up fast, so I'm hoping if 2015 is the year, they've already (provisionally) booked at least.

The O2 has dreadful views from the upper tiers and there are reports of people asking to move seats because they are so

steep. For S&S they were charging 120 quid for the upper level at the side which quite frankly is a joke.

The Hydro sounds intimate enough. What are the acoustics like?

The Hydro sounds intimate enough. What are the acoustics like?

Supposedly purpose built using special material for the best acoustics and all that ish, but it just sounds like music to me. I would never buy a ticket way up in the gods for a concert tbh, so dunno what the real acoustics are like, haven't heard any complaints anyway. A lot of that is dependent on the sound system of the artist also. Madonna USED to have awesome sound for her outdoor gigs back in the day, for example.

A world tour for any major artist would have to be planned at least 12-18 months in advance. Reality is, the venues for Madonna's itinerary if she's touring next year will have been provisionally booked already, let the anticipation commence!

:tigger:

I'm hoping it's an arena tour too next time around. Although I love seeing her in stadiums, standing out in the heat in the summer months in Europe for hours on end over and over gets pretty exhausting.

I've not heard particularly good things about the O2, and the views from upper tiers are dreadful from what I've seen on youtube.

The Hydro is quite intimate, just under 13k standing and specifically built for concerts, tho it's extremely busy and next years itinerary is filling up fast, so I'm hoping if 2015 is the year, they've already (provisionally) booked at least.

The Hydro would be great but with promoting, it's not just about venues but also markets. Live Nation took Madonna to Scotland for MDNA and skipped Wales so I'm hedging my bets on Cardiff for the next tour since by next year, she wouldn't have played there for 7 years. Since there aren't many large scale arenas in Cardiff, that's why I'm sure we'll see her play Millennium Stadium again.

I'm hedging my bets on Cardiff for the next tour since by next year, she wouldn't have played there for 7 years. Since there aren't many large scale arenas in Cardiff, that's why I'm sure we'll see her play Millennium Stadium again.

I doubt it, I mean the OPENING NIGHT of all thing, of S&S sold shockingly for that concert in Wales. I recall also issues with hotel accommodation. Proximity wise, it's also not that far from London where Madge will always play no matter what. I believe they only used that venue again because she had free run of it for however long she wanted for last minute rehearsals, its roof etc. The Confessions concert there did well as it was her first visit to Wales, and was promoting an extremely successful album.

Markets isn't a problem for most artisits, U2 must have played Glasgow nearing 10 times by now, Springsteen, ACDC, all those other stadium acts the same. Madonna also strangely played Edinburgh for her first Scottish visit (due to Hampden being used as an olympic football venue) which is strictly a third tier music city. I've also noticed that since The Hydro opened, Live Nation have taken every one of their promoted artists there, so I live in hope. Ideally, she'd play an arena or even a stadium in each UK country, but the Wales and N. Ireland indoor venues are slightly too small for her I think. The other alternative is that Phones 4 U place in Manchester, but as mentioned, they cancelled a S&S show there due to shitty sales.

Guest Rachelle of London

I doubt it, I mean the OPENING NIGHT of all thing, of S&S sold shockingly for that concert in Wales. I recall also issues with hotel accommodation. Proximity wise, it's also not that far from London where Madge will always play no matter what. I believe they only used that venue again because she had free run of it for however long she wanted for last minute rehearsals, its roof etc. The Confessions concert there did well as it was her first visit to Wales, and was promoting an extremely successful album.

Markets isn't a problem for most artisits, U2 must have played Glasgow nearing 10 times by now, Springsteen, ACDC, all those other stadium acts the same. Madonna also strangely played Edinburgh for her first Scottish visit (due to Hampden being used as an olympic football venue) which is strictly a third tier music city. I've also noticed that since The Hydro opened, Live Nation have taken every one of their promoted artists there, so I live in hope. Ideally, she'd play an arena or even a stadium in each UK country, but the Wales and N. Ireland indoor venues are slightly too small for her I think. The other alternative is that Phones 4 U place in Manchester, but as mentioned, they cancelled a S&S show there due to shitty sales.

I would listen to find_a_groove Kim....

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm praying to the powers that be for two nights at the O2!

I'm praying to the powers that be you post more!!!!

hhahahahaha

Guys we've had enough of these *wink wink* posts over the last week or so. If someone knows something...just friggin SAY.

If the implication here is that that Welsh Stadium (that was covered in black cloth the last time she played there) has been booked for the next tour, before the success or not of this album is even known, then :rotfl: at Madonna's team. Seems all the work is going into U2 afterall.

Nobody can say anything for certain at this time. My posts are based purely off of my experience and knowledge of Live Nation as I often work in close proximity with them and have an understanding of how they operate. Nothing is ever certain but examples of what I'm referring to with markets etc is evidenced by the way they've changed the routing of Madonna's tours over time. If you look at the tour schedules even just from Confessions Tour to MDNA Tour, you'll see what I'm referring to.

A sold out show also doesn't mean success for a promoter. As long as they can recover the investment and reach a projected percentage of profit, a venue's sold out status if that happens is just lining their accounts with more cash. So I don't see that being a major issue as far as Millennium Stadium would be concerned. I'm also inclined to believe stadiums (at least some anyway) are on the cards due to the fact Madonna doesn't like to tour for long periods of time unlike a lot of acts. From a promoter perspective, they would rather opt for one stadium night over three arena nights when the artist isn't willing to tour for a schedule that requires it. Ultimately, it's a business and all things combined, my opinion is one based on my knowledge of the touring industry and what I feel will happen in the most realistic situation. Like I said, I'm hoping as much as anyone that a new strategy in some way is thought up and that we get a host of arena shows everywhere however ha! I just need to see this woman live no matter where it is :thumbsup:

Chelle - I need to post more, I agree haha.

Edited by find_a_groove

Guest Rachelle of London

Nobody can say anything for certain at this time. My posts are based purely off of my experience and knowledge of Live Nation as I often work in close proximity with them and have an understanding of how they operate. Nothing is ever certain but examples of what I'm referring to with markets etc is evidenced by the way they've changed the routing of Madonna's tours over time. If you look at the tour schedules even just from Confessions Tour to MDNA Tour, you'll see what I'm referring to.

A sold out show also doesn't mean success for a promoter. As long as they can recover the investment and reach a projected percentage of profit, a venue's sold out status if that happens is just lining their accounts with more cash. So I don't see that being a major issue as far as Millennium Stadium would be concerned. I'm also inclined to believe stadiums (at least some anyway) are on the cards due to the fact Madonna doesn't like to tour for long periods of time unlike a lot of acts. From a promoter perspective, they would rather opt for one stadium night over three arena nights when the artist isn't willing to tour for a schedule that requires it. Ultimately, it's a business and all things combined, my opinion is one based on my knowledge of the touring industry and what I feel will happen in the most realistic situation. Like I said, I'm hoping as much as anyone that a new strategy in some way is thought up and that we get a host of arena shows everywhere however ha! I just need to see this woman live no matter where it is :thumbsup:

:clap:

Personal opinions aside LN are gonna do what is right for their business. If that means stadiums in certain markets then so be it.

A lot of that is just common sense/knowledge and has already been discussed here - herding the masses into one stadium for one night as opposed to 3 nights in an arena etc

If you've worked alongside LN, you'll have knowledge of the itineraries of their promoted artists as a whole, and on the financial viability of each playing a particular market as a whole. You of all people should know that because an act, ANY ACT plays a country/venue/city on one tour that does not automatically preclude them from playing it on the next.

Wales is not a particularly profitable market for ANY promoter, that's a fact. But of course, one has to factor in the venue's affiliation with said promoter, venue fees etc. There's a reason Madonna has played barren fields. town squares, shipping docks and aircraft hangers in the past, in those cases it's nothing to do with projected profit and everything to do with the appearance fee paid directly to Madonna. Oh, and the abject failure of the Millenium Stadium S&S opening, which btw included a rushed 10,000 tix given out in competitions and corporate giveaways, was completely unforseen.

My ex "mother in law" btw managed Glasgow's SECC for nearly 20 years, so I have a certain knowledge myself of how promoters work (including Madonna's aborted attempt to play there in 2004)

A world tour for any major artist would have to be planned at least 12-18 months in advance.

Oh and for the record, this statement is absolutely and categorically WRONG (with your "experience and knowledge of Live Nation" you should really know that....)