New world tour to be announced next week!

Guest gang bang

Guest Rachelle of London

Stop gunning for find a groove man. He's one of few people that actually knows what he's on about. Of course artists are preliminary booked into venues months ahead. It's not all arranged the week before.

The tour hasn't even been announced yet. Let's just hope she plays the upgraded arena in Glasgow and a suitable venue down South.

Good grief, it's called discussion.

And NO 12-18 months is completely off track, that's a simple fact (the silly "a week before" comment is beneath you btw, you're not talking to an idiot here)

Guest Rachelle of London

Kim not everyone is here is a liar. I actually know this member outside of the forum. I wouldn't back him if he was chatting shit. LN hires venues a lot of the time years in advance. Some of those Disney shows are already booked for 2017! It's not impossible that LN hires preliminary books venues a year in advance for probably their biggest star.

Guest Rachelle of London

And preliminary doesn't mean confirmed either. If I wanted to have a show at my local town hall I could pencil in a date for next year.

But doesn't it depend on the venue too? I don't know a lot about that stuff, but I'd figure if they plan to play arenas for the most shows of the tour, it will force them to make bookings and sketch the tour itinerary earlier than in other circumstances, e.g. if they plan to primilary play stadiums (like last time with MDNA, at least in Europe).

Guest Rachelle of London

As much as we all complain about MDNA Hyde Park or S&S Wembley we did all put money in LNs pocket. And that's all that matters. If they book stadiums or arenas then there will always be people willing to shell out and make them even richer.

Even Rihanna is doing stadiums now and her box scores weren't even 100%. If there's a market for it then they'll do it. Money talks

In MY experience ie. what I've been told by someone who manages an entertainment/conference/concert venue...

A promoter provisionally (yes, I know what that word means) booking up to two years would be HIGHLY unusual and frowned upon by venues who will rarely turn another act away because of a proviso, (Madonna or not) RIT inquiries were 8 months, and bookings 7 months for example, other artists even less, some a little more.

Conferences by individual organisations are different, eg. The International Head Trauma conference 2018...is booked for er, 2018. Same for the yearly jaunts of Dancing on Ice, Disney, X-Factor tour et al.

Again, if a new poster was to just go; "hi guys, i've heard....such n such", instead of "I have a hunch *wink* that maybe *nudge* Madonna will play..." they obviously already know (12-18 months in advance remember? :bad:)

What I'LL say is.....no-one knows yet.

Kim, it's clear you don't believe me and that's fine. Regardless of what you know, I stick by what I write because arena management and touring is my line of work. It's for this reason I don't post here very often, I have no need to justify my comments to skeptical people when I'm being honest -- I'm not here to win anyone's approval. One thing we can agree on which I posted before is that at this moment in time, nothing is certain. Again, I stick by what I said I see happening as the likely scenario as an educated guess. Anyway, I'll leave this forum to you and the others. Best wishes, enjoy the new album.

Kim, it's clear you don't believe me and that's fine. Regardless of what you know, I stick by what I write because arena management and touring is my line of work. It's for this reason I don't post here very often, I have no need to justify my comments to skeptical people when I'm being honest -- I'm not here to win anyone's approval. One thing we can agree on which I posted before is that at this moment in time, nothing is certain. Again, I stick by what I said I see happening as the likely scenario as an educated guess. Anyway, I'll leave this forum to you and the others. Best wishes, enjoy the new album.

*SHRUG* If you're in management, you should be able to discuss things without getting the hump surely? There's nothing to believe or justify, you've said what you *think* might happen, and agreed that nothing has been sorted yet, (though I'm guessing that 12-18 month deadline must almost be up by now...)

I gave my opinion, you gave yours, I was told to I should listen to you...so, end of thread? No more discussion?

I stick by my original assertion, I don't get your Wales or Scotland argument at all. I can't think of one other artist that would apply to, and if it was a choice, Glasgow (go to city for every touring artist (except Madonna it seems) would win out be default, just as U2 (who played a Glasgow stadium last tour) are returning again this tour (U2 btw have played Wales ONCE in their entire career) Replace U2 with any other band/artist in that comparison btw, at the risk of someone saying "Madonna ain't U2".

If it turns out that yes they've booked London and Wales, then I direct you to my previous :rotfl: post. i'll be hopping over to the Continent to see her then, and if they think the whole of the north of Britain are gonna trudge down there in the midst of, let's face it, Madonna's nadir in the UK, they ought to maybe think again. Just MY opinion of course.

Oh I just noticed you're the same guy who made those categorical statements about the Birmingham MDNA show (which still make no sense btw)

Horrifyingly, I'm beginning to suspect that you're actually involved in choosing/booking venues, even more horrifyingly, your way of doing that is by looking at old M tour itineraries and thinking "hmmm, she hasn't played there in a while" or "hmmm, she played there last time". Is it any wonder, I ask myself, that Madge's UK live reputation is in the shitter at the moment?

If your prediction of London, er...Wales and um... Manchester is accurate, then, frankly, I despair.....

If you're not involved in that, then I take it back :bad:

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonnas live reputation is in the shitter?

Really?

The sound was bad when she performed in Scotland. She performed in daylight in London. Hardly things that the general public would remember when booking Madonna tickets. She was touring the same time as Gaga if I remember and Madonna got more publicity because of the mud at Hyde Park then Gaga got on the whole tour :lmao:

Obvs us fans will remember the bad things that happened but the normal Jane Smith and John Collins who make up the majority of the ticket buying audience won't.

I think it's safe to say M is probably the biggest touring force out there, despite it raining during the Dublin show :lmao:

Really?

The sound was bad when she performed in Scotland. She performed in daylight in London. Hardly things that the general public would remember when booking Madonna tickets. She was touring the same time as Gaga if I remember and Madonna got more publicity because of the mud at Hyde Park then Gaga got on the whole tour :lmao:

Obvs us fans will remember the bad things that happened but the normal Jane Smith and John Collins who make up the majority of the ticket buying audience won't.

I think it's safe to say M is probably the biggest touring force out there, despite it raining during the Dublin show :lmao:

Then I invite you to actually read the thread...with pages and pages of comments from long time Madonna fans who've been attending her shows in the UK for almost 25 years. It's all there, and i'm not going over it ALL again.

Start with the appalling and unprecedented fact that Madonna, yes MADONNA struggled to sell 55,000 tickets for one London, yes ONE LONDON show...

Guest Rachelle of London

Then I invite you to actually read the thread...with pages and pages of comments from long time Madonna fans who've been attending her shows in the UK for almost 25 years. It's all there, and i'm not going over it ALL again.

Start with the appalling and unprecedented fact that Madonna, yes MADONNA struggled to sell 55,000 tickets for one London, yes ONE LONDON show...

And....

If you want to believe that it was a flop then so be it. But considering ALL shows that year flopped and madonnas being the most successful she's doing something right. Within that month it was the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics. We all know that the album and the tour was not promoted AT ALL in the UK. 55,000 tickets for one show is bloody amazing. Stop carrying on like she struggled to sell out an 11k arena cos that is not true. I'm sorry but if you want to believe that Madonna is this now unknown person in the UK because only 55000 people bothered to turn up to her London show 2 years ago then okay. But I don't see how she'd have to be forced to only perform in arenas when we don't even the reaction this new album will have.

Compared to other artists half Madonnas age in 2012/2013 55,000 tickets is amazing. Simple.

Well if that's what you wanna believe. She's Madonna, this is London. It was shocking.

No, I wont mention the frankly embarrassing half empty Dublin fiasco, or the stupid decision to play Madonna's first ever Scottish concert in that cavernous and soulless rugby stadium in a city that has a shit live music reputation and a stupid curfew, or the rinky dinky 11,000 seater Brum arena that you'd expect to sell out in hours but you could still purchase tx on the day....

If that guy above has any responsibility for those decisions, then oh dear.

Her live reputation..... let's say... is at an all time low...if you don't like the word shitter.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well if that's what you wanna believe. She's Madonna, this is London. It was shocking.

No, I wont mention the frankly embarrassing half empty Dublin fiasco, or the stupid decision to play Madonna's first ever Scottish concert in that cavernous and soulless rugby stadium in a city that has a shit live music reputation and a stupid curfew, or the rinky dinky 11,000 seater Brum arena that you'd expect to sell out in hours but you could still purchase tx on the day....

If that guy above has any responsibility for those decisions, then oh dear.

Her live reputation..... let's say... is at an all time low...if you don't like the word shitter.

Who on earth said that find a groove was a booker for LN. You really think that a company like LN would have one person responsible for booking acts. C'mon now. Insulting someone's job and career because you disagree with them because they said that Madonna probably won't play Glasgow next time. If she plays Glasgow that will be amazing. I'll probably go. If she doesn't ah well. Life goes on. I'll see her somewhere else like most people will. Doesn't really make a difference she's Madonna. She'll do fine.

Guest Rachelle of London

Are you trolling me now? That is LIVE 8 not MDNA....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g7PiLSzmi_U/UAdEhMrQisI/AAAAAAAAOzY/a0msA9VFYy4/s640/mdna-tour-hyde-park1-615x459.jpg

Well that's defo MDNA, hardly looks empty does it?

Seriously. Only on a Madonna board could selling 55,000 tickets be a bad thing :lmao:

But selling 11k for a gig in Scotland would be considered a success. mind boggling

Guest Rachelle of London

How is 55 000 tickets sold a flop?

She didn't perform I'm addicted at one show. Flop!

Like the crowd would know it anyway :lmao:

Oh good grief. it's quite clear that I'm far more amazed at the suggestion Madonna play a stadium in Wales (that was an embarrassing non sell-out on the opening night no less, of S&S) than I am about any possibility of Glasgow.

And yes, your childish , "listen to so and so" *wink* and his previous posts in this thread beginning "I can categorically state...." etc suggested that he was somehow in the know or had a connection to a booking TEAM. No-one suggested only one person did that job. I mean, really....

Nowhere did I insult anyone's career.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g7PiLSzmi_U/UAdEhMrQisI/AAAAAAAAOzY/a0msA9VFYy4/s640/mdna-tour-hyde-park1-615x459.jpg

Well that's defo MDNA, hardly looks empty does it?

Seriously. Only on a Madonna board could selling 55,000 tickets be a bad thing :lmao:

But selling 11k for a gig in Scotland would be considered a success. mind boggling

What ON EARTH are you talking about? Hilariously enough, the Scottish MDNA show (what was it 64k or something?) did outsell London. 11k? I think you're getting mixed up with that Birmingham dump that Madge couldn't even sell out completely. No one said Hyde park was "empty" nor that 55,000 was "bad" (in fact, now you mention it, for Madonna that IS bad) This is the woman who in the midst of her so called backlash sold out Wembley Stadium multiple times over...

This thing you have for throwing everything back at someone - completely twisting what they've said just to fit your own argument is kinda silly, but understandable I suppose.

She didn't perform I'm addicted at one show. Flop!

Like the crowd would know it anyway :lmao:

There's an example right there.... who mentioned I'm Addicted? Though it was 3 songs cut out if you want to be pedantic.

As I mentioned in this thread, if you'd bothered to read it, the Edinburgh show was the most well received from the UK shows in fact.

Anything else?

Guest Rachelle of London

You CLEARLY were insulting his job. Don't play dumb. You know what you're doing.

Throughout this whole thread you've been suggesting that she struggled to sell 55,000 tickets in London.

You've clearly stated a million times that Madonna is not doing well in the UK.

I don't need to twist anything it's in front of me in black and white.

This thread is a mess. Make sure someone ensures that guy O sees so he ensures that Glasgow is definitely on the tour. Could you imagine the hissy fits if M dares to perform elsewhere. Or even worst plays a stadium :lmao:

Really?

Sorry chelle but I'm definitely with Kim on this one. Madonna's live retpuation in the UK is definitely at an all time low. All those things you mentioned (daylight in London, bad sound in Edinburgh etc.) ARE remembered by the general public and a lot more: who can forget the S&S Wembley Stadium fiasco? Certainly most of my friends and work colleagues who paid lots of £££ to see THE "Madonna" at concert all left disappointed and many vowed never to see her again.

The bubble of an online forum where we will all pay £££ to see her no matter what is very different from real life. And don't you forget it.

I can't believe this discussion is happening again (for the 555829th time). I thought it had already been established ages ago that MDNA Tour was a step down in terms of demand (BY MADONNA'S OWN VERY HIGH STANDARDS) in the UK. End of story.

Guest Rachelle of London

I hardly doubt if you ask the average person on the street to mention something about Madonna as a live performer and they'll mention that she started MDNA in the daylight. I hardly doubt M will be forced to downsize because the hotel didn't come out in Birmingham :lmao:

Even I forgot that stuff and I was at those shows. Tad overreaction by claiming her live reputation is in the shitter because 6 years ago some people couldn't hear her properly at Wembley.

Guest Rachelle of London

Sigh

Okay Madonnas a flop. She can't sell a ticket in te UK. In fact she's been declared bankrupt in England and Wales. Better???

Everyone's colleagues couldn't hear.

It rained in Dublin.

She shouldn't of performed during the Summer. In the UK cos it stays lighter for longer. But she shouldn't go on too late or she'll have to scrap two songs.

She should never play another stadium again. But then the sound issues in most arenas are cheap apart from the Glasgow arena which is perfect.

:dead:

She can't win.

:manson:

No one is saying any of those things.

You're being unreasonable. There's actually no point in having this discussion with you because you're not wiling to have any form of rational thought about this topic.

Exactly, say one thing and it suddenly negates every other possibility? It goes beyond just twisting words in fact. Sometimes I wonder how these kids cope in real life having to have conversations with adults.

Well, I don't know how the aftermath was reported in the UK press, but after Sticky Belgium in a muddy

rainy field, her live aura was severely tarnished..MDNA went 2 a proper stadium but ticket sales were

slow, only managing a good 30.000, of course the general apathy towards the album might have sth 2 do with that,

but then again, market research showed that she could have sold out Sticky Werchter at least 4 times before the bad

press. So what happened 2 all those potential buyers!?

I hope if she comes again she will go 2 PALAIS 12, a new venue with state of the art acoustics, 15,000 capacity

with not a bad seat in the house!

Daniel+Bei-directeur-general-du-Palais-1

24.jpg

Palais12_Heysel_l.jpg

Sorry, I know this is not about the UK, but I've been dying 2 talk 2 someone about this venue :D