Madonna / Klein / Gaga

Apples388

As for Klein, I think he knew exactly what was going on...and something tells me what it comes to the "Gagas" of the world, it's just collecting a paycheck. Considering Gaga's team at the time, and the admission by Laurie Anne Gibson that they were deliberately ripping the Madonna playbook...Klein probably just followed through on what Gaga and her team requested. She dug her own grave starting here, really...and Klein probably knew it, and just did his job (helping her do it).

As for Madonna, I don't think she is as passive on these things as some think. The woman is FAR more aware than she gives us the impression of being. You don't remain the most powerful force in the industry without knowing what's going on. That brilliant MDNA tour moment with EY proved it... she knows whats up. And it was a brilliant move... let the girl dig her own grave for years on end, and then with one word (and a mash-up with a few clever images), throw the final bit of dirt on the grave.

This is just a theory that popped into my head but maybe he deliberately did a Madonna copy cat video to sabotage her? Madonna is a very powerful woman afterall, regardless of the crap the media talks about her I'm sure she can pull alot of strings behind the scenes in the entertainment biz to ruin anyone's career if she chooses.

Don't fuck with The Madonna!

No, Madonna would not be bothered trying to destroy someone's career or have the inclination to do so. She would not operate in such a manipulative manner and does not need to. It is purely Gaga being like a "single white female" style of person and Klein getting a paycheck. Gaga is so easy to see through, she consistently lies about everything.

As VogueMusic has stated in his above post, she has been digging her own grave for a long time now and will continue to do so.

No, Madonna would not be bothered trying to destroy someone's career or have the inclination to do so. She would not operate in such a manipulative manner and does not need to. It is purely Gaga being like a "single white female" style of person and Klein getting a paycheck. Gaga is so easy to see through, she consistently lies about everything.

As VogueMusic has stated in his above post, she has been digging her own grave for a long time now and will continue to do so.

Thank you Jan!

I don't think Madonna would ever have had a problem with Klein working with Gaga. The main reason being that all of the Klein/Gaga collaborations are basically reproductions of previous Klein/Madonna work therefore drawing attention back to the superior original.

I find Klein to be completely repetitive in his artistic work, and I also feel he'll work with anyone for a quick buck, but whatever, there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with that. Now, I think the imagery in Alejandro was probably both Klein and Gaga having their 'Madonna' moments, Klein probably sought inspiration from Vogue, Express Yourself, Justify My Love etc. While Gaga probably did the same. They probably hand a meeting beforehand and said 'Let's copy these old Madonna videos but take it to a whole new level'. They failed miserably, in my view the video was a bloated mess with very little meaning.

When two people whose biggest artistic inspiration is Madonna work on something together, then undoubtedly it'll be heavily Madonna inspired.

Just my personal theory, but I think that video in particular started the bad blood between Madonna and Gaga (didn't Ingrid tweet something about Madonna making a catty comment about the video?), with Born This Way bringing even more tensions between them. I don't think Madonna takes their feud very seriously, but Gaga seems pretty....err, perturbed, by Madonna's comments.

i don't like klein anymore either. i used to be a big fan of him for his work with M for the X Static ProceSS video & installation. that was amazing. the work he did for RIT and some of confessions is very good. but now I can't look at his new shit anymore. it's always the same. he lost his edge when he worked with gaga (alejandro) it's so try hard, hipster - wannabe dark / edgy - like. even hipsters on tumblr do better these days. his first few projects with madonna didn't have that. they were more raw.. real.. colourful yet thematically really dark at the same time.

i don't like klein anymore either. i used to be a big fan of him for his work with M for the X Static ProceSS video & installation. that was amazing. the work he did for RIT and some of confessions is very good. but now I can't look at his new shit anymore. it's always the same. he lost his edge when he worked with gaga (alejandro) it's so try hard, hipster - wannabe dark / edgy - like. even hipsters on tumblr do better these days. his first few projects with madonna didn't have that. they were more raw.. real.. colourful yet thematically really dark at the same time.

I agree, I hope Madonna ditches him for good

- I find it ODD as to why the outtakes with Klein always leaked in big batches and seemed to be unflattering. Almost like he or someone from his team is trying to sabotage.

- Speaking of photographers, I find it stranger that Terry Richardson who clearly dissed Madonna on many occasions ends up photographing her for Harper's Bazaar.

Guest Rachelle of London

- I find it ODD as to why the outtakes with Klein always leaked in big batches and seemed to be unflattering. r.

I agree.

- I find it ODD as to why the outtakes with Klein always leaked in big batches and seemed to be unflattering. Almost like he or someone from his team is trying to sabotage.

- Speaking of photographers, I find it stranger that Terry Richardson who clearly dissed Madonna on many occasions ends up photographing her for Harper's Bazaar.

And we have to agree he did a good job with Madonna for Harper's Bazaar. That was quite a moment actually; the pictures and the "rape" story.

Same - while all the Herb, Steven, Mert and Marcus etc. outtakes have been pretty much flawless.

When did Terry diss Madonna? Apart from his pic of a spray painted F--K across an MDNA Tour poster. He took photos of Sky Ferreira's Madonna collection so I don't think he really hates her

Same - while all the Herb, Steven, Mert and Marcus etc. outtakes have been pretty much flawless.

When did Terry diss Madonna? Apart from his pic of a spray painted F--K across an MDNA Tour poster. He took photos of Sky Ferreira's Madonna collection so I don't think he really hates her

Its totally different style of photography

No conspiracy

I never got to see part of the video until it eventually fell off the charts. Still can't get into it all, but many of diehard fans continue to think it's revolutionary.

Yes the video reminds of M & there continues to be too many comparisons to count to this day. I liked better how Beth Ditto did a great homage to M in the I Write The Book video. I like how Ditto owns up to her obvious fandom & includes M in her discussion about her work.

Let's face it, that Uncle Terry shoot is all responsible from the styling of B Akerlund. She is what made the shoot. The shoot had nothing to do with Terry.

Secondly, I don't see how the HC shoot leaking is seen as sabotage. These photos leak because they were uploaded on Photo Agency websites. If anything, it shows how lazy photographers have become by doing more work in post production than on set. Same goes with Tom Munro, and especially Steven Miesel.

October 12, 2014

Lady Gaga: Madonna has no soul

Lady Gaga sat down with Themis Gerogantas from PEOPLE Greece for an interview and when Madonna came up, she wasn’t very nice…

PEOPLE: Who are your musical influences?
Lady Gaga: David Bowie, Queen, Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. I would like to say Madonna, but let me tell you something… if I was an acclaimed artist, I would love to help new artists.

PEOPLE: What do you mean, that Madonna has no soul?
Lady Gaga: You said it, not me!

If anything, it shows how lazy photographers have become by doing more work in post production than on set. Same goes with Tom Munro, and especially Steven Miesel.

Sorry for going off topic, but I know someone who knows one of Meisel's assistants. Apparently it's common knowledge that he doesn't even take his own photos anymore, but rather gets assistants to shoot/retouch them and he just gives his approval. Probably why Madonna scarcely works with him these days

Sorry for going off topic, but I know someone who knows one of Meisel's assistants. Apparently it's common knowledge that he doesn't even take his own photos anymore, but rather gets assistants to shoot/retouch them and he just gives his approval. Probably why Madonna scarcely works with him these days

I know some liked the LV photos, the ones with the Tinkerbell dress, but I wasn't impressed with his return. The Vanity Fair cover photo was cool, but the majority of the photos used for that spread were lacking. The solarized LV bag photos were cool, but once you saw how was done in post production, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe he didn't think it was a big deal... the way the Chris Browns & Ushers, Timberlakes rip off Michael Jackson's imagery. Maybe he thought Madonna's imagery was so iconic that it was an obvious take from her, but it went to Gaga's head and she refused to acknowledge Madonna inspired her at all?The way when Timberlake went solo he said his hat and dancing was inspired by Sinatra. :dramatic:

i hope last time she worked with him passed on mdna tour....it was nice for dvd and bye...

i dont even like his work anymore. it is overcontrasted, overexposed and repitive....same like WO....it was good and now we need something fresh and new and that is not SK

Um, she worked with him after the MDNA Tour. You don't remember V Magazine with Katy Perry?

There was a lot of talk about Gaga copying Madonna when she started, but I never saw it....... until the Alejandro video. Wow! Such a blatant ripoff! It was like a color-by-number, "How to be Madonna" tutorial! lol I was really disappointed that Steven Klein was involved. Thought of it as a slap in the face to M, but she continued with him and didn't cut him off, so I guess she was fine with it.